US Open 2011

Murry has been behind on his own serve far too much in this match. He has to improve the first serve percentage and improve his second serve or will never win a major.

Murry has been behind on his own serve far too much in this match. He has to improve the first serve percentage and improve his second serve or will never win a major.

What is really criminal about Murrays game is that this match shows Nadal has won the same amount of points at the net !!

A classical clay courter has won more at the net than a good solid volleyer on a fast hard court

Jesus

Whoever is coaching Murray atm needs a rocket up his arse

nil footwork on that game point

Too many unforced errors as well. He is nearly there but so frustrating. Useless haggis loving Scottish twat.

Too many unforced errors as well. He is nearly there but so frustrating. Useless haggis loving Scottish twat.

These last two games show everything about him imo

Murray has worked himself into break point position both times and on those big points Nadal has needed only to get the ball back and wait for the bottle to go and the dump in the net

Thats what's so annoying about Murray he doe'snt even make the players play great to beat him - they get to the crunch point and just need to get the ball back and Murray will do the rest

Nadal's played below par enough for Murray to raise his game a little and beat him but the moment the expectation of success appears, be it a game, point set or massive moment in the match he drops away alarmingly - he really just does not have any kind of inner competitive toughness

Funny thing is I think if Murray won a grand slam it would kick start something for him. Hes got the ability but his mental strength is questionable. He seems to lose it at important times. Way toooooo many unforced errors. Hes not getting dominated, hes just hitting the net or hitting it long.

Saying that, Nadal has just played two brilliant shots to go 0-40...

I have to start supporting winners at tennis...

I was rooting for Federer, Murray and Wozniacki today...

Change it to Williams so that Wozniacki has a chance...

Murray has been awesome since going 0-40. Its just sooo weird.

Again tho its nothing to lose - opens his shoulder and really hits through the ball freely but the moment it's tight he stops doing that

Hes 4-2 down and will probably threaten but as he gets closer he'll bottle it

Yet when he has a chance to go ahead, he hits the net or hits it out without being forced to do it. Its so annoying.

He should have had the break rather than Nadal having it.

Damn Scot... :nervous:

I dont think Nadal glittered like the commentators are saying.

Oh well...anyone know much about the 3 British lads who made it into the boys singles semi-finals?

tbh and with respect Murray really needs his head examined

If he does'nt he'll never get near a slam

....like Henman

Well he's been "near" a few times......so thats wrong already. Good job son.

Dont think hes won a set in any of the three finals hes been in though.

It's been a long night. Murray was very good but Nadal was just brilliant.

Let's see what happens in the final.

I'd love it if Nadal could win the first set just once against Djoko. But I won't really be watching with too much expectation.

Well Nadal beating Murray should finally shut Sean about how Murray is getting closer to winning the trophy. I told you he is all hype and he can't win as long as Djoko and Nadal are around for the final rounds.

No

He has not been near, not even remotely close. In any really huge match he has caved in from the start almost without exception

son

Runner uo 3 times and 6 more semis. Continue being wrong or just read up on the defintion of near.