US Open 2011

Oh god don't tell me, if I slag one Serb off I'm slagging you all off.

If you cnuts weren't so sensitive you might have avoided a war.

Probably.

It's got nothing to do with Novak being a Serb, you dumb dick. It's got something with you spitting around and being an idiot and I would have called you that if you were talking shit about any other player. How depressed are you, you twat?!

Fed on whether that forehand at 40-15 was confidence, hard work, etc: "Confidence? Are you kidding me? Please."

Murray needs to be careful here. Doesnt want to be broken straight away.

Ah Nadal could have had an early break if not for that massive shank at 0-30.

Good hold for Murray.

Why do these commentators hate Murray so much? It's almost as annoying as the supremely biased British commentators

Nearco you are a fecking prick! If you are only slandering Serbs to troll, then I really pity you.

Jesus it's an Internet forum stop taking it so seriously. And I'm adorable in real life I promise.

On the motivation thing.....Sampras got utterly embarrassed in back to back US Open finals by people 10 years younger only win at 31 and retire. His games still good enough to continue his QF streak easily throughout next year and possible sneak a win in there....but it's just that now we are talking about 'sneaking' a win instead of being a guaranteed contender. Motivation isn't the factor, it's the fatherhood, having already done it all, body being in it's 30's now(though he's still got the best conditioning in the game, still never retires, rarely takes breaks and can still give a great great effort in 4 hour games)

Still want to see him vs Nadal in a semi, complete and utter fix putting them on separate sides everytime.

Nadal's had chances in both the Murray service games to break but he's hit some uncharacteristically loose shots.

After the previous match, the quality of this is just so poor.

This match is putting me to sleep.

The only thing entertaining in the match is watching Murray talk to himself, sulk and beat himself up.

:lol:

What the hell is up with Murray?

Instead of chasing down the lob he decides to scream at himself.

Nerves > Murray.

Funny how the Eurosport commentator keeps on apologizing for Muray's bad language.

Nadal with the break. 4-3

Murray is prime time entertainment. Even if he was 6-0 6-0 5-0 and 40-0 up in a Slam Final he'd be talking to himself and beating himself up and shouting at his box.

He still has a very long way to go to he able to become a player with he right mindset to sin grandslams. Very poor attitude atm

Nadal with the break. 4-3

Murray is prime time entertainment. Even if he was 6-0 6-0 5-0 and 40-0 up in a Slam Final he'd be talking to himself and beating himself up and shouting at his box.

That's the thing. If its when he's down in a match and struggling then fine. But he's doing it when the match is on serve and at times when there's a ball to be chased.

He's a better player than Nadal on hard courts. But he just can't get to grips mentally.

He still has a very long way to go to he able to become a player with he right mindset to sin grandslams. Very poor attitude atm

Strange thing is it started very early into the match, he was already shouting at himself in the first set, I think. It's like he hasn't even been out there for a minute and he's already frustrated about something.

Nadal wins the first set 6-4.

Amol : Do you plan to watch the entire match?

Nadal's just lost one set since the start of the tournament last year (12 matches and 1 set now) which is rather surprising considering how rubbish he always has been at the USO prior to that.

Murray really is hardly any different to Tim Henman, talented but mentally bereft and unfortunately for him he's involved in a sport where mentality is half of the deal

I really cant ever see him winning a major

Part of that mentallity is imposing your 'will' on an opponent like both Federer and then Djokovich so impressively did and the very top players do

Murray just does not seem, like Henman before him, to possess that strength

Some day Fed/Djoko/Nadal will have a bad day and Murray will win.

Even though he lacks the mental strength, his game is still too good not to win a single slam.

Murray really is hardly any different to Tim Henman, talented but mentally bereft and unfortunately for him he's involved in a sport where mentality is half of the deal

Murray has the talent but not the mental capacity. Henman actually over achieved in his career.

Nadal holds 1-1 after a 10 minute game in which Murray had 4 BP's. Important hold

Did he?

How?

Very good fast court player and but for Sampras (arguably the greatest fast court player of all time, defintely grass ) would probably have got much closer to a couple of majors

Good serve and volley but not much else. Didn't really have a killer shot but did well to be in the top ten all those years.