US Open 2011

4th BP for Nadal in this game for a double break. Just take one bloody hell. I need to sleep!

Good serve and volley but not much else. Didn't really have a killer shot but did well to be in the top ten all those years.

what's Murray's killer shot? top backhand but never seen him blow anyone off the court with it.

what's Murray's killer shot? top backhand but never seen him blow anyone off the court with it.

He killed Nadal in 2008.

He's hammered Fed many a time with that backhand...but in Masters Series tournaments.

precisely

He's actually stylistically not as elegant as was Henman which give the perception that he's more aggressive etc etc but he has hardly any more better shots imo

and as you say he never ever really crushes anybody

exactly the same mental weaknesses though as Henman exactly

6-4 6-2

Just one set away from a match against bloody Djokovic...again.

These two have reached the finals of pretty much every tournament this year.

Infact there has not been a single Slam + Masters Series final that has not had either Nadal or Djokovic in it.

Won't be shocked if Murray gets a break early in this set. Nadal always has a bit of a lull early in 3rd sets, especially when 2 sets to love up.

6-4 6-2

Just one set away from a match against bloody Djokovic...again.

These two have reached the finals of pretty much every tournament this year.

Infact there has not been a single Slam + Masters Series final that has not had either Nadal or Djokovic in it.

tbh I think Nadal has chances v Djokovich in this. If Djokov drops a level or two like today I cant see Nadal letting a 2 set lead slip

Djok starts as fav but its not a forgone conclusion imo

:lol:

What did I say? Murray breaks Nadal in the 2nd game of the 3rd.

This is standard Rafael Nadal in a 3rd set.

It really is standard Nadal in 3rd set. I hope Murray takes the third set.

After a 7 minute struggle, Nadal holds on for 2-2.

Stosur on the verge of making it to the final as well where she's going to get hammered by Williams (who will probably hammer Wozzy)

Another struggle but another hold. 3-3

I really want this match to end in this set because there's no way I can stay up for one more set :(

Another poor service game and this time Murray does break.

Nadal needs to seriously up his level again or he's going to struggle to wrap this up. Murray serving for the 3rd

Murray has stepped it up in the last few games. Some really good shots.

Murray wins the 3rd 6-3. Nadal got away with his shit 3rd sets in most matches but when you play someone of the quality of Murray you're going to pay for it.

It's 6 and I'm off to sleep. No way can I stay up for another set of tennis. Hopefully Nadal doesn't blow it.

I thought Nadal would win this in 4 sets but I would like to see Murray get the next set. Its weird cos he didnt look like it at all in the first two but hes become more intense and aggressive the last set (bar his lost serve). Hes attacking Nadal on Nadals serve which he needs to keep up.

Nadal will prolly take this set though.

I thought Nadal would win this in 4 sets but I would like to see Murray get the next set. Its weird cos he didnt look like it at all in the first two but hes become more intense and aggressive the last set (bar his lost serve). Hes attacking Nadal on Nadals serve which he needs to keep up.

Nadal will prolly take this set though.

Not if he serves the way he did in the 3rd no.

Agreed but its easier to come back with nothing to lose, but credit he's got to start somewhere

Important Murray does not drop his serve early on here

True. Still, it would have been easy to drop your head when you blow a chance.

Murray playing well. If he gets a quick break, I do wonder if it would affect Nadal. You wouldnt expect it given Nadal conditions himself for five setters though. Murray looking physically strong and should be able to go five as well.

Djoko defo hoping for Murray to take this set.