US Men's National Team Discussion

4 minutes only is just a fecking disgrace. There was that alone from the red card incident. There was a lengthy var review on pen. There was a goal for Panama. There were plenty of subs. 4 minutes is just typical concacaf bs

Carli Lloyd scored a hat trick in a World Cup final. Should have suited her up for this one.

Berhalter is a deadman walking. Pedestrian coach with pedestrian tactics. silver lining will be if this loss leads to Berhalter getting the sack.

I don't see the point in discussing Berhalter's status, he's easily safe with this current federation and nepotism within. I'd gladly accept being proven wrong down the road but lest not forget this is the same federation that hired a firm to do a study that somehow concluded Berhalter was the best option.

Carli Lloyd scored a hat trick in a World Cup final. Should have suited her up for this one.

Berhalter is a deadman walking. Pedestrian coach with pedestrian tactics. silver lining will be if this loss leads to Berhalter getting the sack.
Never going to happen, by rehiring against the wishes of most of the fanbase, US Soccer has hitched their wagon to him.

fecking CCV fell asleep and let the forward have a free release on the winning goal....but feck me why are we so soft??? you know it's going to be physical and you have to see out the draw even if that means kicking the dog piss out of guys

Can you give a quick recap? Turned off the tv in disgust.
Something to the effect of: every team and every coach has played in a red card situation. Berhalter and this group of players should have had enough to get the win. Even a man down we should have beat them. Then he said if we’re going to do this, pin it on Berhalter, let’s go all in and get rid of him. He will have earned his firing.

Something to the effect of: every team and every coach has played in a red card situation. Berhalter and this group of players should have had enough to get the win. Even a man down we should have beat them. Then he said if we’re going to do this, pin it on Berhalter, let’s go all in and get rid of him. He will have earned his firing.
I…..I actually agree with Lalas on something. I am going to need to rethink some life choices.

Every country we play against are a bunch of cheating, diving, dirty, cheap-shot artists. I must be totally blinkered, but we don't play like that. I remember Clint Dempsey going down easy a few times and I never liked when he did that, but I see us riding bad tackles and taking the heat. How's it look to non-Americans?

Man I have such a mixed bag of emotions. It was exciting to get to go to a USMNT game finally, but what a let down. Weah cost us that one. You can’t lose your cool 18 mins into a game and do something that stupid even if the player made the most of it. Oh well crazy how things change so quickly. Now we are hoping for a win against the toughest opponent in our group.

Be careful what you wish for, knowing the stupidity of this organization, his replacement could be far worse.

If shoving someone to the ground right in front of the referee isn't a yellow card, my school team career would have involved playing a lot more games.
He didn't, he charged at him (with the face of a superhero) and initiated contact with the shoulder. other guy went down like a sack. if you can't even confront someone after getting hacked down then games gone

I…..I actually agree with Lalas on something. I am going to need to rethink some life choices.
I think he acts up on TV because so many of the former pros are boring, or like Dempsey tonight, admit they are "at a loss for words" when your words are literally what they're paying you for. I like that Lalas is "irreverent" at times.

I think he acts up on TV because so many of the former pros are boring, or like Dempsey tonight, admit they are "at a loss for words" when your words are literally what they're paying you for. I like that Lalas is "irreverent" at times.

He acts this way because he enjoys the heal role and truly feels he's the smartest person in the room.

So... a lot of things true at the same time: 1.) Berhalter is a mediocre coach/tactician; 2.) Tim Weah cost us this game which would have been a fairly routine win; 3.) we still aren't very good.

He acts this way because he enjoys the heal role and truly feels he's the smartest person in the room.
100%. He was also very, very outspoken about Jurgen Klinsmann needing to go a lot sooner than he did, and he is very vocal about England traditionally being totally overrated. To be fair, some of the other ex-pros working as commentators really don't seem too bright. It grinds my gears listening to Tim Howard say obvious shit at half time, for instance.

100%. He was also very, very outspoken about Jurgen Klinsmann needing to go a lot sooner than he did, and he is very vocal about England traditionally being totally overrated. To be fair, some of the other ex-pros working as commentators really don't seem too bright. It grinds my gears listening to Tim Howard say obvious shit at half time, for instance.

But he also had an on-air debate arguing for the college development system, so he is prone to buffoonery.

So... a lot of things true at the same time: 1.) Berhalter is a mediocre coach/tactician; 2.) Tim Weah cost us this game which would have been a fairly routine win; 3.) we still aren't very good.
i agree with the first two points...i don't agree with the 3rd point bc i think there is talent all over that squad and we're a solid group just not elite

actually the assessment from Dempsey was absolutely spot on

But he also had an on-air debate arguing for the college development system, so he is prone to buffoonery.
What was this? He was a college player himself (Rutgers), so maybe he sees that as more viable? I've seen him say the best US players need to leave the US and play in Europe to really develop. So maybe he's splitting the baby.