US Men's National Team Discussion

The pressure on him with Germany will be to win or fail. The US job would put the sport on the map in in the States and bring it to another level popularity never seen before. I think the media and fans would have loved him if he would have taken the job but doesn’t look likely. That said I can see them getting Tab Ramos who will fail

What win or fail pressure? Flick survived a group stage exit and Nagelsmann hasn't received any blame for going out in the QF either.

I think a potentially bigger issue for Klopp (regarding the US job) could be that he seems to be center/left on the (German) political spectrum and doesn't seem to hesitate to express his opinions from time to time.

Last edited:
What win or fail pressure? Flick survived a group stage exit and Nagelsmann hasn't received any blame for going out in the QF either.

I think a potentially bigger issue for Klopp (regarding the US job) could be that he seems to be center/left on the (German) political spectrum and doesn't seem to hesitate to express his opinions from time to time.
Which is where most USA soccer fans are. MLS games are the most inclusive sporting events I have ever seen.

The women do not have a thread on here so I’ll use this one to mention that Alex Morgan announced her retirement today. What an amazing player she was.

Met her about 10 years ago while i was at IMG and the USWNT was doing a camp there....super nice and my god in person she was sooooo attractive

time for her to retire though....the US team needed her to step away and not overshadow this new generation of young attackers