US Men's National Team Discussion

Exactly. They will just wait to have shit blow over. Same they did with that sham interview process before they rehired him. Zero faith in this shit federation
Yep. By rehiring him against the sentiment of most of the fanbase the federation has tied itself to him. I just can't see them firing him. I really, really, hope I look stupid next week.

why is it taking so long?? ffs...Marsch got Canada to the semis which is enough to show berhalter was the wrong choice and should be sacked
Apparently if he is canned next week, it mirrors how long it took to fire the women's coach a few years ago.

I think the whole Jesse Marsch love in is a bit much. What has he actually done that is that great? If we are pointing to Canada, I’ll admit I haven’t watched much but this tournament they’ve lost 2-0 to Argentina, beaten 10 man Peru - one of the worst teams in SA currently - 1-0, drawn 0-0 with ten man Chile - also one of the worst current teams in SA - and drawn 1-1 with Venezuela, going through on penalties. A game which included conceding the stupidest goal ever by a team 1-0 up in a knock out game. He didn’t do much of anything at Leeds. A last minute survival which was at least 50% luck and 50% other teams just being worse.

So why is he rated so highly? Because he’s from that high press, Red Bull school of football? He did well at RBNY seven years ago, and well at Salzburg, but he failed badly at Leipzig, and didn’t fair much better at Leeds. Is he really the messiah?

I think the whole Jesse Marsch love in is a bit much. What has he actually done that is that great? If we are pointing to Canada, I’ll admit I haven’t watched much but this tournament they’ve lost 2-0 to Argentina, beaten 10 man Peru - one of the worst teams in SA currently - 1-0, drawn 0-0 with ten man Chile - also one of the worst current teams in SA - and drawn 1-1 with Venezuela, going through on penalties. A game which included conceding the stupidest goal ever by a team 1-0 up in a knock out game. He didn’t do much of anything at Leeds. A last minute survival which was at least 50% luck and 50% other teams just being worse.

So why is he rated so highly? Because he’s from that high press, Red Bull school of football? He did well at RBNY seven years ago, and well at Salzburg, but he failed badly at Leipzig, and didn’t fair much better at Leeds. Is he really the messiah?
Everything he has accomplished is much more than anything comparable Greg has even come close to

Everything he has accomplished is much more than anything comparable Greg has even come close to

Right, but that’s like saying you know a guy that’s better looking than Luke Chadwick.

I didn’t ask why people thought he was better than Berhalter, I asked why….out of all the possible options…..people are hyping him up so much?

Right, but that’s like saying you know a guy that’s better looking than Luke Chadwick.

I didn’t ask why people thought he was better than Berhalter, I asked why….out of all the possible options…..people are hyping him up so much?
He was the most logical and realistic option for usmnt to bring in. Unless now we bring in klopp to enjoy life in the USA and coach a NT for a while.... which isn't realistic

At least this can make us smile these days...

Hilarious how offsides Landon was on the second goal.

Last edited:
:eek: :cool: :cool: :cool: At last! I'm curious how much the pay will be restricted and if they have to pay Emma Hayes the same.

Steve Cherundolo rumors... https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/amid-...ndolo-reportedly-local-front-runner-for-usmnt

--Reporter Doug McIntyre recently spoke with former USMNT player turned digital creator Jimmy Conrad, and reported that LAFC boss Steve Cherundolo “ticks a lot of boxes” as a potential candidate. This sparked immediate fan backlash, with many perceiving it as a continuation of the status quo.--
FECK THAT....if they even think about another MLS guy I hope the entire American Outlaws show up and storm the US Soccer building in Kansas City or wherever the feck it is

Steve Cherundolo rumors... https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/amid-...ndolo-reportedly-local-front-runner-for-usmnt

--Reporter Doug McIntyre recently spoke with former USMNT player turned digital creator Jimmy Conrad, and reported that LAFC boss Steve Cherundolo “ticks a lot of boxes” as a potential candidate. This sparked immediate fan backlash, with many perceiving it as a continuation of the status quo.--
This has to be someone playing a practical joke. From Berhalter to the other guy with a weird last name from the mid 2000s USMNT backline who became an MLS manager? The guy who literally used to line up next to him?

What boxes does he tick for USSF other than "We've been friends with him for a few decades"? I get he's probably better than Gregg but try to find someone with a real track record for fecks sake. Or failing that, someone with some promise, or at least ambition.

The only MLS manager anyone should accept is Wilfred Nancy. If not him, time to look abroad.

Well done on finally sacking him.

The obvious choice for the job is Tuchel considering he coached your current Captain America, Mr Pulisic.
much like i said for united...not a fecking chance i want Tuchel anywhere near the USMNT or United

Typical scouser not wanting to work… :wenger:

Fair play for trying but even if he didn't want a break, I don't understand why he would even consider taking on the US national team job. If he does a national team job in the next few years, you'd expect it to be Germany and a small very small chance of it being England, if Germany don't take him.

Is the problem the coach or the guy who picks the coach? Especially as he reappointed Berhalter only a year ago despite doubts about him.

The USSF is an incestuous cesspit. I’m surprised they even asked Klopp. Or maybe they only did it because they knew he would say no.

I have zero faith in them making good choices. Everything about US soccer needs to change, from youth level recruitment and development on up the ladder.

Fair play for trying but even if he didn't want a break, I don't understand why he would even consider taking on the US national team job. If he does a national team job in the next few years, you'd expect it to be Germany and a small very small chance of it being England, if Germany don't take him.
The pressure on him with Germany will be to win or fail. The US job would put the sport on the map in in the States and bring it to another level popularity never seen before. I think the media and fans would have loved him if he would have taken the job but doesn’t look likely. That said I can see them getting Tab Ramos who will fail

The pressure on him with Germany will be to win or fail. The US job would put the sport on the map in in the States and bring it to another level popularity never seen before. I think the media and fans would have loved him if he would have taken the job but doesn’t look likely. That said I can see them getting Tab Ramos who will fail
I have no doubt that casual American fans would be interested but I doubt the average American even knows who he is. There would be less pressure to win the thing but at the World Cup, you feel like they would have to win a knockout game or two, or beat a big nation for it to cause waves.

I think the pressure of winning a title with Germany would be big but say USA lost to Colombia or Austria in the R16, that would probably be expected, but the perception to casuals might be that this guy isn't all that good.

Regardless it's a huge opportunity for the US Men's national team and it will be interesting to see how they get on and how much the nation gets behind them. I'm hoping it will be my first world cup.