Unpopular Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did well this transfer window. Not perfect, not excellent, but still quite good nonetheless.

for all the signings we have made, any other manager not owning Van Gaal's former CV could or likely utilized the players better, or at least made things simpler for themselves by playing them in positions that make sense.

Arsenal are favorites this year IMO
Why? I don't get the sudden overrating of Arsenal. They were third last season, they never even looked like challenging, they haven't strengthened significantly (yes, Petr Cech isn't worth 10 points a season).

They might even win it if they add another striker and either a first-choice DM or at least a backup for Coquelin (in that case a lot depends on him proving to be the real deal, not just a flash in the pan). But calling them favourites at this stage is baffling.

I agree and if they sign benzema they have an awesome chance.
Where is this idea they'll be signing Benzema coming from? I've not heard one semi reliable link between the 2, never mind one that suggests it's close to happening..

Arsenal are not signing Benzema ffs! He even wound them up on instagram I think it was. It'll never happen.

I also don't get where this idea of Arsenal winning the league is coming from. They sign Cech and everything thinks that makes them Champions? He isn't that good, he hasn't been that good since his injury and wearing that ridiculous helmet thing he does. They'll get 2nd at best.

Arsenal are not signing Benzema ffs! He even wound them up on instagram I think it was. It'll never happen.

I also don't get where this idea of Arsenal winning the league is coming from. They sign Cech and everything thinks that makes them Champions? He isn't that good, he hasn't been that good since his injury and wearing that ridiculous helmet thing he does. They'll get 2nd at best.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ED-This-keeper-Cech-continue-wear-helmet.html

"The little pieces around it were just broken so they put them back together and this will all fuse back together over the years. On the scan you can see where the bone ends. And either side of that there are just tissue fibres. They are strong enough to hold off some impact, but you never know. And that is why I wear the helmet to make sure it's not going to split again.

"When you hear that someone has a depressed skull you imagine a lot of things. But when you see it, it looks very different to how you might expect. It's still healing so I can feel how the muscles around the fracture are protecting the area and the whole area is stiff.

Liverpool's attack is just as good, if not better, then ours right now.

This could be your next tagline (hopefully).

I honestly don't know whats so ridiculous about it. Is Benteke/Sturidge/Coutinho/Firmino really any worse then Rooney/Mata/Young/Memphis?

Obviously the rest of their team is shite, and we will (should) finish comfortably above them. But their attack looks like it could be really good.

I honestly don't know whats so ridiculous about it. Is Benteke/Sturidge/Coutinho/Firmino really any worse then Rooney/Mata/Young/Memphis?

Obviously the rest of their team is shite, and we will (should) finish comfortably above them. But their attack looks like it could be really good.
Can't really say it is, in my opinion. Edit: assuming Sturridge stayed fit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ED-This-keeper-Cech-continue-wear-helmet.html

"The little pieces around it were just broken so they put them back together and this will all fuse back together over the years. On the scan you can see where the bone ends. And either side of that there are just tissue fibres. They are strong enough to hold off some impact, but you never know. And that is why I wear the helmet to make sure it's not going to split again.

"When you hear that someone has a depressed skull you imagine a lot of things. But when you see it, it looks very different to how you might expect. It's still healing so I can feel how the muscles around the fracture are protecting the area and the whole area is stiff.

I'm not slating him for wearing it, more so that he won't commit to a challenge or winning a 50/50 ball. He hasn't been the same since the injury for me and I can understand why obviously but it doesn't make Arsenal Favourites in my mind because they signed him

It's not ridiculous but I hope it turns out to be spectacularly wrong.

For what it's worth, I think you're probably underrating Rooney - which is a popular thing on the Caf -, overrating Benteke and don't take into account that Sturridge is likely to spend half the season on the treatment table.

Why? I don't get the sudden overrating of Arsenal. They were third last season, they never even looked like challenging, they haven't strengthened significantly (yes, Petr Cech isn't worth 10 points a season).

They might even win it if they add another striker and either a first-choice DM or at least a backup for Coquelin (in that case a lot depends on him proving to be the real deal, not just a flash in the pan). But calling them favourites at this stage is baffling.

I think they can win it, but so much depends upon the fitness of both Arsenal and Chelsea key players. If Arsenal's squad avoid serious injury, especially Koscielny, Sanchez and Coquelin then they have a chance. If Costa continues to be hampered by his hamstring, or Hazard or Terry suffer a serious injury, then that chance is far greater.

I fancy them this season, Cazorla has been a revelation since he's played deeper and if Sanchez doesn't burn out, they'll go close.

Liverpool's attack is just as good, if not better, then ours right now.
If you mean solely striking options: Rooney+Hernandez+Wilson vs Starić+Bents+Ings than I think they have better options than us, if you mean front four, than I am not sure about that but it's not as close.. Mata> Coutinho, Depay>Firminho, Young=Lallana Studge=Rooney

If you mean solely striking options: Rooney+Hernandez+Wilson vs Starić+Bents+Ings than I think they have better options than us, if you mean front four, than I am not sure about that but it's not as close.. Mata> Coutinho, Depay>Firminho, Young=Lallana Studge=Rooney
These two could easily be argued either way.

We're going to get relegated this season, then again the season after.

Cech doesn't make them as much better as everyone thinks but makes them better.. They have the best midfield in the league with us, if the can handle injuries they have a good chance, never said they are clear favorites. I think Chelsea will struggle this year, its not possible to for them to keep fit their starting 11 like they did last year, Mikel is as good backup as Arteta for Coq, they don't have another Fabregas either. They also have better striking options than us. Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, Sanchéz looks good to me, lacking the very top striker but you don't get him these days assuming it's Aguero, Suarez.. Chelsea will be fecked once Costa starts picking his hamstrings and he already's out with one so they play with 10 man the opening game. We have a good outside chance but we just need to play what we know and stop experimenting, Striker/winger would make us favorites or maybe nto if we dropped rooney in midfield again

These two could easily be argued either way.
Yeah I wasn't sure about it first but Mata's more consistent and more prolific that's for sure and Firminho will find it tough I feel, Depay will be given chance from the beginning to show what's in him, you can see the kid's confident but they can be equally good..

I agree with this one. Be more than happy if Smalling and Jones could continue where they left off last season, but Van Gaal feels the need to play a left footed centre back.

Yes but you have forgot the fact they won't play 10 games without being injured, half the battle with the injury amigos.

Rooney shouldnt play as the lone striker. He gets dominated by strong CBs. He should play as a 10 behind a world class striker.

Sergio Romero is a decent keeper. Perhaps not as good as our first choice keeper should be, but at this point much better than Lindegard and Johnstone.

Our performance today means feck all in the long run. They will improve immediately and the win is all that matters.

I dont expect us to win anything this season. The club's aim is for Rooney to break our goalscoring record and hopefully England's so that the club can make a fortune on merchandising etc.
Once that has been accomplished our strategy will be one that goes back to winning championships.

I dont expect us to win anything this season. The club's aim is for Rooney to break our goalscoring record and hopefully England's so that the club can make a fortune on merchandising etc.
Once that has been accomplished our strategy will be one that goes back to winning championships.
:lol: If the club is aiming to make a fortune it'll be far more successful targeting silverware than goal scoring records, not sure what you mean by merchandise but we'd sell more of everything if we become champions..

Financially, one little EPL worth more than Rooney's entire career.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.