United Kits 2024/25

I really like the away green kit, has a classic feel, don't know what everyone are on about it being terrible.

If you want terrible, just look no further than new Arsenal away.

A friend suspects the badge on the third kit is gradually being introduced to get rid of the traditional badge as it has an image of a slave ship on it.

A friend suspects the badge on the third kit is gradually being introduced to get rid of the traditional badge as it has an image of a slave ship on it.

It's not that it's a slave ship, it's that ships like that were used to transport slave-picked cotton down in the Manchester ship canal. It was a Guardian article that picked up on it, but the article largely skipped over the Lancashire cotton mill workers who supported the Union in the American civil war.

Shirt looks alright, it's grown on me and will probably grow on me more if United get some away points against the top 6

You can tell who the chavs are on this forum with who's saying they love that away kit :lol:

That's genuinely the worst shirt we've had in the last 20-25 years from my memory.
When I saw leaked pics a few months back I thought it was black and white stripes.
Thought it'd be nice, different at least.

Green just looks terrible. Might look alright with green shorts and socks, but I can only imagine it's white

That green kit will look horrible on the football pitch but very suave off it. Will be a best seller among fans, will look very nice paired with a pair of trousers, nice casual look.

Is this a wind up?

Without wanting to get into that discussion, i don't believe that's the intent. With all the globalization and full commercialization of football, it seems we're heading toward an era of mega "football entities" that are global franchises more than they are football clubs any more. And franchises usually want people to associate them with a simple yet eye-catching symbol. Like that little devil. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the last big change on the badge was the removal of "football club" in 1998. We've been going down the route for quite some time now. Juventus and Inter are already ahead of us.

I am on the fence about this. Better than that fan-made grey strip we had a few years back. We will be wearing this against Wrexham, so let's see how it looks on the pitch in action.

Love it if the Glazers had already fecked off I would get myself one of these for 120£

It's criminal how bad the sponsor looks on the 'fans' version, it looks like it's been applied using black duct tape

The authentic version by contrast is actually really nice and the sponsor blends perfectly into the rest of the kit. If I was getting one and could afford it I'd pay the extra £30 for this version. £80 for something that looks like it came off a market is obscene.

It's weird that some versions and sizes of the shirt are already selling out.

Without wanting to get into that discussion, i don't believe that's the intent. With all the globalization and full commercialization of football, it seems we're heading toward an era of mega "football entities" that are global franchises more than they are football clubs any more. And franchises usually want people to associate them with a simple yet eye-catching symbol. Like that little devil. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the last big change on the badge was the removal of "football club" in 1998. We've been going down the route for quite some time now. Juventus and Inter are already ahead of us.

Good points. We also had that devil logo on its own on the Adidas shorts we wore from 86-88.

That green kit will look horrible on the football pitch but very suave off it. Will be a best seller among fans, will look very nice paired with a pair of trousers, nice casual look.
0ovT_x.gif

I've never seen a kit where the difference is that big between short and long sleeves. Short sleeve looks good, long sleeve is awful. Fascinating.

Whoever commissioned the photo with the players wearing the shirt with suit trousers needs sacking urgently. It's absolutely hideous and the players look embarrassed, as they should.

It looks better on the casual fan, I love anything green but I'm not convinced by this yet, suspect it maybe a grower.

Quite like it but buying nothing until Glazers are gone or confirmed to be going

I just saw your main shirt in a store. Beautiful kit. Love the colors and details. Usually only buy Sporting shirts but I'm really tempted to get United shirt for weekend footy.

Thanks. So not exactly a slave ship, but more a ship that represents an industry that benefited from the use of slaves and exploitation during colonial times. Yeah, I can't imagine it will be on the crest much longer in this case.

I remember the older crest that used to have two little football boots either side of the top banner. Used to love that little bit of detail as a kid

That's genuinely the worst shirt we've had in the last 20-25 years from my memory.

Definitely among the worst. The zebra kit is the all time bottom feeder, but this monstrosity of green/whites/red top is a worthy rival. The home and third kits are sharp though. Fortunately, we should only see this crap a few times during the season.

Thanks. So not exactly a slave ship, but more a ship that represents an industry that benefited from the use of slaves and exploitation during colonial times. Yeah, I can't imagine it will be on the crest much longer in this case.

I remember the older crest that used to have two little football boots either side of the top banner. Used to love that little bit of detail as a kid

That's right, I remember the boots myself too on the crest, I think that was an Adidas thing in the 80s and I was a bit annoyed that we didn't go back to that when Adidas started making our kits again in 2015.

That's right, I remember the boots myself too on the crest, I think that was an Adidas thing in the 80s and I was a bit annoyed that we didn't go back to that when Adidas started making our kits again in 2015.
Admiral era shirts around 1977 had the boots on them. All adidas did was add their three stripes to them in 1984.

That is terrible, And there were those laughing at the dippers kit

The kit is absolutely awful. It's based on United's historical use of stripes and the city's redbrick buildings with green drainpipes.

United are modelled after drainpipes. Mancunian rain. Or some other nonsense.

Worst appropriation of Manchester's culture since city's hacienda striped oil kit.