UK Policing

Pretty sickening to see how deliberately and forcefully that sorry excuse of a man is punching women in the face. Think I’ll leave it at that.

Again, I think that is very easy to say whilst sat in a chair watching after the event.

Ultimately bad people do bad things and the police are the ones that ultimately have to get a grip of these people when the vast majority would sooner not. Yes it’s the job. I know.

I’m sure there’s going to be learning to taken from this and the officers involved will be going over and over the situation in their minds. To see that video and instantly start to seemingly make excuses for the violence used though just reeks of an agenda if I’m honest.

Irony is dead.

How exactly is he defending himself when the person has been taken off him and is immobilised on the ground? There is no 'defence' in the policeman's actions. He's lost his temper after being attacked but he's not defending himself.
There are a few seconds between the guy punching the officer in the face repeatedly and him laying on the ground. The only thing going through the officers mind during these seconds is to defend himself, his body is filled with adrenaline, in situations like that things like this happens. Even if they are trained police officers they are still only humans.
If you choose to assault a police officer you can't expect to just walk away, they will and they should be able to respond with force.

I did. You just appear more concerned in reaching for something that isn’t there in an attempt to attribute blame to the officers. I find that really poor form when the video speaks for itself.

I'm questioning why Stamper escalated the situation like he did, I also clearly stated that both Teal and Chair lad should be reprimanded with the law in my opening post. Which you seem to have ignored completely and got upset, I mean surely it's obvious to anyone with eyes that they're both going to be in the shit for what they did and rightly so.

When i'm watching the footage in slow motion, Stamper walks up and grabs Teals arm. Blonde female Officer is directly behind him. Teal guy turns to the left, at this point Stamper puts his hand on the back of the neck and forces his head down towards the ticket machine. So my original question, is there any reason why they're allowed to act like that, when from the footage Teal guy isn't exactly pushing back or making it hard for the Officers to arrest him no? It's not like he's being physical, if anything it all looks relatively calm. Is there something you're seeing that i'm not?

Obviously, once Chair Guy got involved (after the 5 second mark) it escalated. So clearly all three, Stamper, Teal and Chair Guy should get some serious shit thrown at them.

I just don't understand why Stamper behaved like that initially? If you've got three Officers all armed, why wouldn't one of them have a taser out just in case? Or is procedure to only get the taser out when things get physical? You seem to think i'm attacking the Officers involved and giving a pass to the civis when obviously i'm not.

How exactly is he defending himself when the person has been taken off him and is immobilised on the ground? There is no 'defence' in the policeman's actions. He's lost his temper after being attacked but he's not defending himself.
The defence will be. It was in the heat of the moment. Two female officers received a punched in the face, and the policeman received a good few too. Its an international airport and they carry guns, anything could happen. He saw red and kicked him. He shouldn't have but he did. I doubt he'll lose his job over this. It would be harsh.

There are a few seconds between the guy punching the officer in the face repeatedly and him laying on the ground. The only thing going through the officers mind during these seconds is to defend himself, his body is filled with adrenaline, in situations like that things like this happens. Even if they are trained police officers they are still only humans.
If you choose to assault a police officer you can't expect to just walk away, they will and they should be able to respond with force.

The defence will be. It was in the heat of the moment. Two female officers received a punched in the face, and the policeman received a good few too. Its an international airport and they carry guns, anything could happen. He saw red and kicked him. He shouldn't have but he did. I doubt he'll lose his job over this. It would be harsh.

He has enough time to get up and to point his taser at the individual. There is plenty of time between him being attacked and him kicking and stamping on an immobilised individual.

It's not defence. It's straight up red mist anger that should not be happening from a police officer and he should rightly lose his job, as should the individuals involved rightly be arrested and charged for their assaults.

Again, I think that is very easy to say whilst sat in a chair watching after the event.

Ultimately bad people do bad things and the police are the ones that ultimately have to get a grip of these people when the vast majority would sooner not. Yes it’s the job. I know.

I’m sure there’s going to be learning to taken from this and the officers involved will be going over and over the situation in their minds. To see that video and instantly start to seemingly make excuses for the violence used though just reeks of an agenda if I’m honest.

That hero/defensive mentality is often what emboldens bad decisions.

Also I think most of the excuses being made for the suspects are being invented here. There are separate issues. cnuts will be cnuts, violent people will be violent. It never means that police can go above their powers and training.

Some empathy is definitely required for being in that awful situation but there is simply no evading the fact that it isn’t justifiable to kick and stamp on a prone, just tasered, suspects head, regardless of what they have done seconds before. Whether it’s panic, tunnel vision, fear or anger barely matters, he is not in control and could have had the most devastating of consequences.

Police have standards for very very good reasons and they should be rigorously applied. If your response to conflict is that, it is simply dangerous, even if it is on some level understandable.

Will do very well to avoid a charge sheet, I think.

He has enough time to get up and to point his taser at the individual. There is plenty of time between him being attacked and him kicking and stamping on an immobilised individual.

It's not defence. It's straight up red mist anger that should not be happening from a police officer and he should rightly lose his job, as should the individuals involved rightly be arrested and charged for their assaults.
Why should he lose his job over this? There's surely other punishments like suspended pay or whatever.

Why should he lose his job over this? There's surely other punishments like suspended pay or whatever.
Because he could have killed someone because he's lost his head? Like it or not, he's a policeman and has standards to uphold.

He kicked him and then stamped on the top of his head, to a man that was on the floor tasered. Seeing red isn't an excuse and just sets a dangerous precident going forward no? The Police should not be untouchable, they're meant to be trained to deal with situations like this and not react like the criminals. If they can't control themselves then why should they be armed?

Like I said earlier when it happened and was slated for it…..A case of Feck around and find out,

hopefully that officer gets his job back and those cretins enjoy the lengthy prison sentence they’ll be getting.

I'm questioning why Stamper escalated the situation like he did, I also clearly stated that both Teal and Chair lad should be reprimanded with the law in my opening post. Which you seem to have ignored completely and got upset, I mean surely it's obvious to anyone with eyes that they're both going to be in the shit for what they did and rightly so.

When i'm watching the footage in slow motion, Stamper walks up and grabs Teals arm. Blonde female Officer is directly behind him. Teal guy turns to the left, at this point Stamper puts his hand on the back of the neck and forces his head down towards the ticket machine. So my original question, is there any reason why they're allowed to act like that, when from the footage Teal guy isn't exactly pushing back or making it hard for the Officers to arrest him no? It's not like he's being physical, if anything it all looks relatively calm. Is there something you're seeing that i'm not?

Obviously, once Chair Guy got involved (after the 5 second mark) it escalated. So clearly all three, Stamper, Teal and Chair Guy should get some serious shit thrown at them.

I just don't understand why Stamper behaved like that initially? If you've got three Officers all armed, why wouldn't one of them have a taser out just in case? Or is procedure to only get the taser out when things get physical? You seem to think i'm attacking the Officers involved and giving a pass to the civis when obviously i'm not.
I think you’re seeing what you want to see really.

The man in the teal resists. I think that is clear as he turns to face the officer who is trying to put his arm behind his back. Resistance doesn’t have to be throwing arms around it can be passive too. If he was compliant he would have have accepted being arrested at that point.

I’m not sure where you’re going with this if I’m honest.

Because he could have killed someone because he's lost his head? Like it or not, he's a policeman and has standards to uphold.
I'm aware that a kick to the head can be extremely dangerous (and even lethal) but given the circumstances, I'd be sympathetic to a heavy punishment but without job extermination. If he can't control himself again, then yeah fire him.

I'm aware that a kick to the head can be extremely dangerous (and even lethal) but given the circumstances, I'd be sympathetic to a heavy punishment but without job extermination. If he can't control himself again, then yeah fire him.

And what if the next time he can't control himself somebody actually dies?

You can't take that risk.

That hero/defensive mentality is often what emboldens bad decisions.

Also I think most of the excuses being made for the suspects are being invented here. There are separate issues. cnuts will be cnuts, violent people will be violent. It never means that police can go above their powers and training.

Some empathy is definitely required for being in that awful situation but there is simply no evading the fact that it isn’t justifiable to kick and stamp on a prone, just tasered, suspects head, regardless of what they have done seconds before. Whether it’s panic, tunnel vision, fear or anger barely matters, he is not in control and could have had the most devastating of consequences.

Police have standards for very very good reasons and they should be rigorously applied. If your response to conflict is that, it is simply dangerous, even if it is on some level understandable.

Will do very well to avoid a charge sheet, I think.

You appear to be moving on to talk about the kick/stamp now? Something I’ve not excused or commented on. You’re not telling me anything about that part of the incident I don’t already know.

The dude was tazered and going nowhere. Still absolutely no need for the kick to head. He has to lose his job for that and have charges brought.

But the two lads should definitely be doing big jail time as well. Unacceptable
Yeah all 3 did criminal acts and should be punished as such.

Like I said earlier when it happened and was slated for it…..A case of Feck around and find out,

hopefully that officer gets his job back and those cretins enjoy the lengthy prison sentence they’ll be getting.

He did feck around and find out. By being tased, beaten down to the ground, arrested and likely court +/- a prison sentence.

Not by the policeman kicking him in the head.

All 3 of them should be doing time

You appear to be moving on to talk about the kick/stamp now? Something I’ve not excused or commented on. You’re not telling me anything about that part of the incident I don’t already know.

Okay pal - you focus exclusively on the first 32 out of 35 seconds then.

As you were.

And what if the next time he can't control himself somebody actually dies?

You can't take that risk.

You just can't kick/stamp on someone's head no matter the context or situation
On second thought, I guess the specific element of lethality (you can actually die because of a kick to the head) could be worthy of firing him, yeah. I guess for me at first sight there was a difference between how fast he did it. If he did this after a couple of minutes, then absolutely I would have said fire him. But the fight was just over. But again, what he did can be lethal.

On second thought, I guess the specific element of lethality (you can actually die because of a kick to the head) could be worthy of firing him, yeah. I guess for me at first sight there was a difference between how fast he did it. If he did this after a couple of minutes, then absolutely I would have said fire him. But the fight was just over. But again, what he did can be lethal.
I think when they were on their feet scrapping, anything goes for the policeman to defend himself, but once he's tazed the dude and he's down, he can't go doing that. He just can't. The police are meant to be a the best of the best, they have to be held to a higher standard.

He did feck around and find out. By being tased, beaten down to the ground, arrested and likely court +/- a prison sentence.

Not by the policeman kicking him in the head.

Why are they both still walking free?

Based on this new evidence that clearly shows them as the aggressors GMP should be knocking at their door right now throwing them in a cell.

I think you’re seeing what you want to see really.

The man in the teal resists. I think that is clear as he turns to face the officer who is trying to put his arm behind his back. Resistance doesn’t have to be throwing arms around it can be passive too. If he was compliant he would have have accepted being arrested at that point.

I’m not sure where you’re going with this if I’m honest.

My question, as a civilian. Which goes over your head because you know procedures etc that we don't. Why does an Officer immediately switch from being casual to being aggressive when attempting to arrest someone being passive? Would you say Teal was being passive in that video? (obviously he isn't passive after 8 seconds, im talking about the initial arrest attempt). Do you not think that sometimes when Police react in an agressive way it can escalate the situation further? I can understand resorting to that if someone is resisting for like 20 seconds odd. But he went from a normal arm arrest to grabbing the neck in 2 seconds.

Would you say that Stamper was following protocal? Feel free to not answer that if you think it could cause issues with work etc. I'm not trying to get you into trouble.

Why are they both still walking free?

Based on this new evidence that clearly shows them as the aggressors GMP should be knocking at their door right now throwing them in a cell.

They're on bail aren't they?

The police will be coming for them soon enough I'm sure don't worry.

I'm pretty sure the police officer wasn't thinking about their bail status when kicking him in the head though.

What are you on about?

Any dividing of the incident for what’s relevant and what isn’t is totally daft and everyone in the thread is discussing before/after/the thing in it’s very short entirety.

If you want to only discuss the element that doesn’t include police doing illegal things and call people out on their views re police actions (only about the non illegal stuff) go for it, though I would suggest that’s fairly transparent.

Posts before this clip: 2

Posts after this clip (but not discussing head kicking): 10+

Any dividing of the incident for what’s relevant and what isn’t is totally daft and everyone in the thread is discussing before/after/the thing in it’s very short entirety.

If you want to only discuss the element that doesn’t include police doing illegal things and call people out on their views re police actions (only about the non illegal stuff) go for it, though I would suggest that’s fairly transparent.

Posts before this clip: 2

Posts after this clip (but not discussing head kicking): 10+

To be fair, he might not be able to discuss what the Officer actually did due to his work no?

Why isn't this new video release on sky news or BBC news?

It should also be publicised, but I doubt anyone with any sense thought a policeman had just randomly got "kicky" without anything happening before hand.

Does that go for everyone who commits violent acts? What about thefts or robberies? What about when they are on drink or drugs or having a mental episode? What about when police kill them with a boot to the head?

So dumb.
I think it's pretty much right in this case. Act like a dick, get a wee kicking. Seems reasonable to me. The original video made it seem far more like police brutality than it actually was.

If the police kills him then that's obviously murder. Dumb thing to ask.