UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter whether Corbyn will campaign for Leave or Remain?

Because politics is tribal right now and people want politicians on their side. And if you’re not with us you’re against us etc.

I'm not responding to everyone who quoted me - but I appreciate the responses, but Remainers not wanting to vote Labour because of Corbyn's personal stance is ridiculous.
It smacks of insecurity about winning a second referendum to me, personally.

But it's not people who already know where they are voting that's the problem.

It's not the likes of myself who is going to win this for labour.

It's the kind who are single minded and need to be persuaded. It's not about a direct answer from Corbyn, it's about not looking like what the papers and media are telling these people. Are you telling me he couldn't have answered that better than just bumbling around and avoiding it?

But it's not people who already know where they are voting that's the problem.

It's not the likes of myself who is going to win this for labour.

It's the kind who are single minded and need to be persuaded. It's not about a direct answer from Corbyn, it's about not looking like what the papers and media are telling these people. Are you telling me he couldn't have answered that better than just bumbling around and avoiding it?

He absolutely could've answered the question better, but he's answered plenty more questions better than Johnson.

Getting hung up on his personal beliefs about Brexit when we're facing so many more urgent issues is tone-deaf.
Johnson can't even answer about his personal integrity & character, that's more alarming to me - he just reverts to insulting Corbyn.

He absolutely could've answered the question better, but he's answered plenty more questions better than Johnson.

Getting hung up on his personal beliefs about Brexit when we're facing so many more urgent issues is tone-deaf.
Johnson can't even answer about his personal integrity & character, that's more alarming to me - he just reverts to insulting Corbyn.

But you keep missing the point, it's not YOU or I he needs to convince.

I'm not responding to everyone who quoted me - but I appreciate the responses, but Remainers not wanting to vote Labour because of Corbyn's personal stance is ridiculous.
It smacks of insecurity about winning a second referendum to me, personally.
Who on earth is secure about winning anything these days? Not that ridiculous to want the party with the most remain voters to be solidly behind remain in any referendum, from my perspective. The Prime Minister not having a preference on that issue would be pretty odd.

Jeremy is absolutely smashing Boris. I don't know how anyone could see it any other way.

Boris taking the moral high ground there as if no Tories have any racist views :lol:

They need a timer that buzzes them out when they're past their allotted answer time. Julie is struggling to shut Johnson up and keep both of them answering the question. That pledge was a total debacle too.

Saying that after the adbreak they'll move away from Brexit. Guaranteed Johnson will mention it/Corbyn's stance at least five more times over the rest of the debate.

There's was nothing in it. I think people are watching something else.

Both are bumbling and we are learning nothing new. It's a car crash so far.

I think Corbyn is a tad more statesman like, seems to be a bit more assured, whereas I think Johnson is doing his usual blustering and waffling.

But yeah, not a fantastic standard.

But you keep missing the point, it's not YOU or I he needs to convince.

I understand. The electorate is fickle.

Who on earth is secure about winning anything these days? Not that ridiculous to want the party with the most remain voters to be solidly behind remain in any referendum, from my perspective. The Prime Minister not having a preference on that issue would be pretty odd.

But why? He's the only prime minister who is able to offer a realistic chance to Remain in the first place.
Not voting for him guarantees Leave. That's the alternative here.

Any chance they're going to mention the islamophobia that's rife in the Tory party? Or is that not important?

Status
Not open for further replies.