UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw some scotch bonnets into this, the audience are even going too lightly on him - it needs more spice!

I've never seen Crimewatch done like this.

Wow he can't even say sorry

Shouldn't the moderator make sure that he does?

Can't watch this ATM so I look forward to seeing it later. Won't trust the "highlights" or any article about it.

Very poorly. I will give Bruce credit by backing up some questions and calling out but once he waffles past that "they have to move on"

Now flip flopping on the enquiry

This is far far worse than May's car crash. It was tough for Swinson but the tag line here is basically "You're a cnut"

A better showing for Johnson than Swinson. Maybe not a huge surprise she got so mich flack considering Nick Clegg's history in Sheffield.

This is far far worse than May's car crash. It was tough for Swinson but this the tag line here is basically "You're a cnut"
Disagree, he can just bluff his way through and he looks normal doing it, whereas you could see it killing May with every comment.

I thought he was the same level of utter crap throughout to be honest. Only got to hear Johnson and Sturgeon though, the difference was night and day.

I think Boris also did well in his final 10 minutes. Doubt any of his vote back would rebel on tonight’s performance as there was no new criticism.
The first 15 were a complete shambles though, he never answered the questions.

Corbyn needs to try and rile up the Bully Boy at the next debate. Say something along the lines of "he's not here tonight because in the last debate he was afraid to answer the difficult questions from the electorate, and the coward is now hiding from all of you"

Disagree, he can just bluff his way through and he looks normal doing it, whereas you could see it killing May with every comment.

Yeah he's certainly happier to just carry on with bluster but for anyone watching it felt like the attacks were worse than those against May and he did nothing to counter them.

It won't change a thing of course it was just nice to see a format that put him under some scrutiny for once because journalists don't and the house of commons barely allows it. All his nasty bullshit is priced in unfortunately.

Corbyn came across as a sensible dignified decent normal person.

Swinson was absolutely appalling and Johnson was his usual shambling lying mess.

I'd say -

Corbyn - I don't think he came across well, but managed to deliver his points, deflecting bigger criticisms back onto policy
Sturgeon - Most effective politician in the UK, but then again it's easier when the pressure's completely off and you're all but guaranteed a huge win
Swinson - Couldn't even answer a question on student fees well, which is the easiest of the Lib Dem coalition fails to defend
Johnson - The format suited his ability to bluster through scathing criticism.

In other words- Nothing has changed. NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Sturgeon the best by quite some way. Boris and Jezza about level annoyingly. Swinson was a fecking embarrassment and should resign immediately.

Chuka will have loved that Swinson performance to be fair, he's probably already painting over the name on the battle bus

100% this

BUT........

Corbyn shouldn't need a audience member to bail him out. Same thing happened in the last election as well

Imagine the outrage if Crazed Commie Corbyn hid the Russian interference report.
I mean, all personal political bias aside, it's slightly important that we learn whether our elections (and referendums) are crooked from the off.

That was pretty bad from Johnson tonight. Not a total car crash, but clearly showed his lack depth.

The questions to him were hostile and relentless and could probably have carried on in that manner for hours. His bluster just wasn't enough to cover up his flaws.

Corbyn looked awkward most of the time. He did better than Johnson by a mile, but I doubt well enough to pull in anyone who was against him before tonight.

Just watching Corbyn's segment now. Personally, I don't think it was particularly inspiring but he did well enough.

Some of the questions/comments helped him I feel. People saying they are scared but not specifying what they are scared of.

One guy some guy brought up a question about an ex-Bolivia leader, not sure how many people would particularly care with regards to the election.

I think the questions did get me more relevant/challenging though, but nothing on really on whether Labour's policies are feasible in terms of costing.

Last edited:
That was pretty bad from Johnson tonight. Not a total car crash, but clearly showed his lack depth.

The questions to him were hostile and relentless and could probably have carried on in that manner for hours. His bluster just wasn't enough to cover up his flaws.

Corbyn looked awkward most of the time. He did better than Johnson by a mile, but I doubt well enough to pull in anyone who was against him before tonight.
Corbyn's issue is that his Brexit policy won't win over many Labour Brexiters. This election will all be about carefully calibrated electoral math. It's either a Tory landslide, or a Labour/SNP coalition, the actual numbers will be closest they've ever been.

Corbyn's issue is that his Brexit policy won't win over many Labour Brexiters. This election will all be about carefully calibrated electoral math. It's either a Tory landslide, or a Labour/SNP coalition, the actual numbers will be closest they've ever been.

Your final claim betrays the predicates of your proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.