UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...

IMG_20191121_195713.thumb.jpg.4bec1837d5c5a65d8d1501b8a96c5a86.jpg

Derek Acorah is somewhere in a pub with his spirit guide Sam rubbing his hands together with glee.

That comment is the heartless person's version of expressing shame.

You’re too polite Steve, as a compromise you could just say Colin without actually tagging him.

You’re too polite Steve, as a compromise you could just say Colin without actually tagging him.
I'm doing my best, mate - my recent posts contain more swear-words than smilies.

Quite savage tax’s on middle income voters. Can’t see why any would vote for Labour.
———————————————————

Mr Corbyn announced a new "super" income tax rate of 50 per cent on people earning £125,000 and over, as well as lowering the threshold for the additional income tax rate of 45 per cent from £150,000 to £80,000. Also scrapping married couple allowances.

British holiday home owners will have to pay a new tax equivalent to double their current council tax, which the party hopes will raise £560 million a year.

George Osborne's inheritance tax cut will be reversed in a raid that will hit middle class families. It follows the publication of a report commissioned by Labour earlier this year, which proposed scrapping the current £475,000 threshold it and replacing it with a Lifetime Gifts Tax, which would see the cap lowered to £125,000.

Mate, you could have told us that you were going to be on the telly tonight.

A format that challenges the smartest politicians?
Iain Watson. Political correspondent. BBC Copyright: BBC

BBC political correspondent Iain Watson checks out the Question Time setImage caption: BBC political correspondent Iain Watson checks out the Question Time set
The four party leaders will be making their pitch to the nation. Rather bizarrely for a general election, they’ve actually managed to agree on something – the order of service.
Jeremy Corbyn is going to be first up, then the SNP’s Nicola Sturgeon, followed by the Lib Dem’s Jo Swinson, and finally Boris Johnson.
This is a particularly challenging format. It’s one that puts the audience in charge - 150 of them designed to be representative of the British public as a whole. And they’ll be putting their questions directly to the politicians. From past experience, they can sometimes really put them on the spot.
Difficult questions from the audience, or a poor performance, and who knows, perhaps the shape of the general election over the next three weeks may be changed.

A format that challenges the smartest politicians?
Iain Watson. Political correspondent. BBC Copyright: BBC

BBC political correspondent Iain Watson checks out the Question Time setImage caption: BBC political correspondent Iain Watson checks out the Question Time set
The four party leaders will be making their pitch to the nation. Rather bizarrely for a general election, they’ve actually managed to agree on something – the order of service.
Jeremy Corbyn is going to be first up, then the SNP’s Nicola Sturgeon, followed by the Lib Dem’s Jo Swinson, and finally Boris Johnson.
This is a particularly challenging format. It’s one that puts the audience in charge - 150 of them designed to be representative of the British public as a whole. And they’ll be putting their questions directly to the politicians. From past experience, they can sometimes really put them on the spot.
Difficult questions from the audience, or a poor performance, and who knows, perhaps the shape of the general election over the next three weeks may be changed.

Utter rubbish, it'll be 150 carefully selected political activists, party members and so on placed in the audience and given questions to ask to score political points.

Can't fathom why anyone would vote for the Brexit party (besides the tools with England flag poles outside their house). They're a joke, Farage defended his abhorrent past acts such as the Romanians next door statement and overcrowded billboard with desperate refugees queueing up. I get it - you want to leave the EU, hopefully for economic reasons as opposed to disgusting prejudices, but voting for that party means you're not just voting for Brexit but for all the other backwards views they carry.

Utter rubbish, it'll be 150 carefully selected political activists, party members and so on placed in the audience and given questions to ask to score political points.
Damn! They promised me the lead in Gone With The Wind!

It wasn't very nice of Fiona Bruce to say that someone had mistakenly bought Corbyn along, thinking this was the Antiques Roadshow.

Corbyn is usually good at these because he's good at connecting with people, but he's been ratty and robotic so far, not that I can blame him given the questions.

"I'm TERRIFIED that Labour is going to allow people to do something I just made up. Are you going to stop people doing things I made up?"

I think Corbyn is doing well against a hostile audience. I only hope there is a similar level aimed at the other party leaders - I cant imagine how Boris will handle genuine criticisms.

That guy had the right idea, it would take some gumption from the SNP to vote down a Labour budget.

Rough opening ten minutes for Corbyn, but just about negotiated things.

Agree he came across a bit robotic at times.

Could be a tricky half and hour for Boris to navigate...

The Guardian's reporter thinks that some of the anger aimed at Corbyn seemed contrived. Quelle surprise.

Only caught the last half of Corbyns, seemed to do alright but struggled on Scottish question. He's much better in these formats.

Has Boris gone already?

Just me or does Fiona seem to really hate Sturgeon? :lol:

And there's the WW2 reference, always one.

Status
Not open for further replies.