U.S. Presidential Race: Official Thread

Obama or McCain/Democrat or Republican..you decide

• McCain

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 173 92.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What was the liklihood of Obama winning Alaska? That would be an awesome result.

I don't think McCain was a bad choice, he was the least associable with Bush of all the Republican candidates

Palin was just an absolute shocker though, it's easy to say now and it has been very easy to say for a couple of months really
McCain was the right choice, he has run a terrible campaign

I don't think McCain was a bad choice, he was the least associable with Bush of all the Republican candidates

Palin was just an absolute shocker though, it's easy to say now and it has been very easy to say for a couple of months really

Mccain 8 years ago or even 4 (with Kerry) would have been a great choice. he's aged badly in the last few years though, I was shocked when I saw him in the debates.

Does anybody know what time Obama is set to address the crowds in Chicago?

I saw it when it happened. I think she was trying to be funny although it wasn't taken that way by the press.

The McCain campaign did a very poor marketing job...poor brand positioning. Americans are sick of Iraq and Afghanistan - they're more concerned about the economy.

Wibble: Obama 396 (378) McCain 142 (160)
p_ps_sock: Obama 367 McCain 171
Red Dreams: Obama 364 McCain 174
Raoul: Obama 364 McCain 174
Frosty: Obama 364 McCain 174
AlwaysRedwood: Obama 360 McCain 182
niMic: Obama 353 McCain 185
Surf: Obama 352 McCain 186
Rahul: Obama 350 McCain 188
CapeTownRed: Obama 344 McCain 194
Utdalltheway: Obama 343 McCain 195
Brad: Obama 341 McCain 197
Cali Red: Obama 340 McCain 198
SiYuan: Obama 338 McCain 200
Crappycraperson: Obama 335 McCain 203
Spinoza: Obama 333 McCain 205
Manufanatic: Obama 328 McCain 210
ooeat0meoo: Obama 328 McCain 210
Afrocentricity: Obama 320, McCain 218
Sincher: Obama 311 McCain 226
Plechazunga: Obama 306 McCain 232
RedKaos: Obama 300 McCain 238
DanH: Obama 300 McCain 238
DoctorEvil: Obama 291 McCain 247
Nistelrooy10: 287-251 for Obama
RapidRed: Obama 286 McCain 252
Rednev: Obama 280 McCain 258
M160RA: Obama 280 McCain 258
WeWonItTwoTimes: Obama 269 McCain 269

PREDICTIONS NOW CLOSED

Looks like 4 out of the top 5 on that list are still in with a shout of being the closest to the real result. Frosty, Raoul and Red Dreams may even get it spot on.

:lol:

Not cool man, the future of the world is at stake!

:lol: I was convinced Iowa and Utah had both gone to McCain. They are just those mid western states that seem to always vote Republican.

I need to go to sleep, keep putting it off.

IA is the next Bush state to turn.

The only question now is how big this will be.

:lol: Even her husband has the look of something thinking "what the feck?" as she's saying it

I joked early about wondering if a candidate has ever voted for a competitor just for the craic. I reckon Palin wouldn't do that, but I'd put a few quid on her intending to vote for her ticket, but putting a big tick in Obamas column instead

I've also wondered about that. I bet they all do it, to be honest.

Can't believe Iowa voted for Obama, I know feck all about that state but it just seems redneck personified to me.

It'll probably take another hour for him to get over 269, no speech before then

Hmm. I'll give it another hour or so, then it's off to bed for me.

VA is 50 50 now with 80 odd pc reporting. If the counties near Wash DC have not been all counted then BO has a great chance.

11pm for Obama to speak in Chicago, but not sure if that's CT or EST.

I don't know if there is an exact time when he is going to address the crowd but I do know that they have a permit to 1AM but it may run later if necessary. A lot of my friends are there and have been texting me about it.