U.S. Presidential Race: Official Thread

Obama or McCain/Democrat or Republican..you decide

• McCain

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 173 92.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never realised what an annoying little shit Simon Schama is.

Love his more mellow art programmes but being friends with him must get extremely tiresome.

VA is 50 50 now with 80 odd pc reporting. If the counties near Wash DC have not been all counted then BO has a great chance.
They are the ones which have been late in reporting, the cnn website have an extremely detailed map system right down to county level, Fairfax county which is right next to dc is 50% done and obama 40 k ahead, you can see where Virginia is going

Indiana has tightened up a lot as well

John Bolton with his finest piece of dickery so far

I'm sure sitting next to Schama is making Bolton even madder than he usually would be. He's still a pathetic human being. Why the BBC keep inviting him back I don't know, he's always rude and nasty. He used to do this regularly on Newsnight.

WHAT a tosser that John Bolton is!!! Calling for the BBC reporter to be sacked for 'outrageously' telling his interviewee that Colorado was a Republican state because it had voted Republican 9 times out of the last 10. Seems extremely fair comment to me!

WHAT a tosser that John Bolton is!!! Calling for the BBC reporter to be sacked for 'outrageously' telling his interviewee that Colorado was a Republican state because it had voted Republican 9 times out of the last 10. Seems extremely fair comment to me!

Bolton's been picking fights all night and Schama's winding him up big style. The rest of the BBC pundits look very uncomfortable! :D

Who's the man wearing the green tie on the BBC's coverage? :lol: He's making me laugh.

The race was very close in August and September. He only started really losing ground when the economic crisis hit.

With Obama always ahead, the economy was a danger point for both candidates, McCain did not handle it well.

John Bolton is the most entertaining commentator on tv, they should have him and Hitchenes on together

With Obama always ahead, the economy was a danger point for both candidates, McCain did not handle it well.

John Bolton is the most entertaining commentator on tv, they should have him and Hitchenes on together

Bollox. People were looking for someone to blame and surprise surprise they blamed the Repubican party who'd been in office for the past 8 years.

Bolton's been picking fights all night and Schama's winding him up big style. The rest of the BBC pundits look very uncomfortable! :D

I think the BBC know what they're doing. He's usually getting bitch slapped by Paxman on newsnight. He's an arrogant loud mouth, and that trumps a sensible pundit sadly.

I think the BBC know what they're doing. He's usually getting bitch slapped by Paxman on newsnight. He's an arrogant loud mouth, and that trumps a sensible pundit sadly.

I watched him on Questiontime the other night, doing his best to wind up the American audience. He's the ultimate WUM.

Yes he's very funny, like his stuff.

Daily Show is filmed in New York so it's coming up to 10.30pm there now.

He's certainly the best of the reporters on Daily Show, him chanting 'Osama' at a Obama rally had me in stitches.

Is he allowed to say shit burger at that time? We have people bullying OAP's on the radio over here so we're used to these things.