U.S. Presidential Race: Official Thread

Obama or McCain/Democrat or Republican..you decide

• McCain

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 173 92.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is very apt comparison, it must be pretty hard to keep up though in fairness.

I've never heard of Matt Frei, it has always been Dimbleby hasn't it?

Well, Frei hosts the nightly news on BBC America, perhaps you're right and Dimbleby usually does the election night.

Frei is at least aware of his surroundings. Nothing against Dimbleby, it just seems silly to have the most hi-tech, up to the minute coverage and then have David Dimbleby present it!

BBC project Obama win in Ohio. That's it folks I reckon

I can go to sleep and that Palin woman can feck off back to Alaska.

Other stations now calling Ohio for Obama.

The fat lady is about to sing.

By the way for those interested, here's that filibuster I was talking about:

Thurmond supported racial segregation with the longest filibuster ever conducted by a single Senator, speaking for 24 hours and 18 minutes in an unsuccessful attempt to derail the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Cots were brought in from a nearby hotel for the legislators to sleep on while Thurmond rambled on about random things, including his grandmother's biscuit recipe. Other Southern Senators, who had agreed as part of a compromise not to filibuster this bill, were upset with Thurmond because they thought his defiance made them look bad to their constituents.

God I hate CNN: "We have a big projection ... after the break."

We all know it's Ohio you slow cnuts!

McCain's home state Arizona is tied apparently. That's a bit of a kick in the teeth.

NBC just gave Ohio to Obama....this is definitely going to be a landslide in the 350-390 range.

200 Obama 85 McCain on NBC at the moment.

Wait..new projections, New Mexico goes to Obama

still 200 to 85

Well, Frei hosts the nightly news on BBC America, perhaps you're right and Dimbleby usually does the election night.

Frei is at least aware of his surroundings. Nothing against Dimbleby, it just seems silly to have the most hi-tech, up to the minute coverage and then have David Dimbleby present it!

Yeah at least Peter Snow knew when to step down when it was all getting too much.

Dimbleby currently looks like he is napping the poor old sod.