Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible he was there for Marchisio?

Being a journo must be a piece of piss these days. Member of public takes pics of utd manager and coaching staff at games. Then just throw in a bunch of names that we must be after, pretending like it's some insider knowledge. And theres the infallible 'could be for January signing but most likely summer'.

Amazing

Can't see us going for Vidal at all. If Pogba moves then there's no way they'd sell.

Maybe they'd rather take £40m-£50m for Vidal now, keep Pogba for 3 or 4 years and get £60m+ for him then than sell Pogba now and watch Vidal's value drop as he gets towards his late 20's.

Maybe they'd rather take £40m-£50m for Vidal now, keep Pogba for 3 or 4 years and get £60m+ for him then than sell Pogba now and watch Vidal's value drop as he gets towards his late 20's.

Maybe, but it looks like Pogba is most likely to leave rifht now. His stock is currently higher than Vidals too as he's the name everyone is talking about right now. I just can't see us signing any of their players. Koke or Gundogan maybe.

I remember rumours a while back linking us to Stephan Lichtsteiner. I believe he plays RB/RW.
Could be a number of players tbh. Marchisio and/or Vidal too.

So he'll be leaving in the summer then? I sure hope we try to sign him and not piss about. Get some pre agreement and let them keep him until the summer if they're that intent on it.

Marchisio is 28 next week. If we bought him in the summer he'd be five months off being 29 when the season starts. Surely we should be looking at younger players when you consider two of our other midfielders are Carrick who'll be 32 and Fletch who'll be 30.

Marchisio is 28 next week. If we bought him in the summer he'd be five months off being 29 when the season starts. Surely we should be looking at younger players when you consider two of our other midfielders are Carrick who'll be 32 and Fletch who'll be 30.
If we got him in the summer we'd have probably 3 years of him in his prime, and then another good one after and be quality cover, especially compared to our current options. Sure we'd all love to sign somebody like gundogan but if marchisio is available then by all means we should go for him.

We should offer a swap with nani for him. We're wasting nani (although he should be playing more, much better then the other options) and they're wasting marchisio. Both clubs would probably use the other players better then how they're used right now.

I fail to understand how any journo or Twitter persona can assert and/or know for sure who Moyes would be looking at. Surely the only person who knows that is the man himself?!

I fail to understand how any journo or Twitter persona can assert and/or know for sure who Moyes would be looking at. Surely the only person who knows that is the man himself?!

Exactly. Whatever fits their paper's narrative basically.

Surprised no one has suggested all the scout sightings and Moyes going around is obviously just a show put on by the club to make it seem like United are doing something when they're actually not, seeing as they're all incompetent hacks. What is happening to this place? :(

Surprised no one has suggested all the scout sightings and Moyes going around is obviously just a show put on by the club to make it seem like United are doing something when they're actually not, seeing as they're all incompetent hacks. What is happening to this place? :(

I must admit, I did think it. Well, not think it seriously think it, just think that some might think it, at least thats what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.