Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

More on Coentrao.

I like him but hopefully he's not all we're going to get out of Mendes for the Bebe favor!

I don't really get it as they usually play three at the back don't they?
That's what I'm thinking, must be the one top team that doesn't use wingers at all. I doubt Nani'd be able to convert to the style of wing back or defensive wide mid they use. I could see perhaps Valencia or Young managing ok, but neither would be an upgrade on Asamoah & Lichtsteiner.

Could absolutely imagine them being a bit stiff for Rafael though. He'd be immense in that system.

FreddieBoswell7 on United's January (in response to someone asking - can't post direct tweets since his Twitter is private):

Left back still up in the air,5 been talked to.They cannot get Koke.Newcastle unlikely to sell their guys.Jorginho wants to...
stay in Italy.Cerci likewise.City,PSG & Chelsea further down the line with Matic.

You might get Gauld,but that won't do you much good in the short term.Uniteds long time favourite Griezmann staying in Spain

Whether a club will back down over price and you'll bag a player right at the end of the window is anyone's guess.

But there is no point signing for singings sake,United need top quality and if it isn't available in January,you might aswell

keep the money in the bank.

He's always seemed relatively clued up, owns a scouting company and knows people, etc. He's been on about United liking Griezmann for at least a year now, if not more. I didn't even know who he was the first time he mentioned him, now he sounds like a fantastic signing (albeit one we won't be making if he's right).

Ancelotti prefers him over Marcelo? He's played about 5 games this season. :lol:

No idea why Defoe would join an MLS team a few months before a World Cup. Surely he's either been given assurances by Roy or cares more about the money. I mean, surely a team like West Ham would have taken him in an instant?

No idea why Defoe would join an MLS team a few months before a World Cup. Surely he's either been given assurances by Roy or cares more about the money. I mean, surely a team like West Ham would have taken him in an instant?

I don't know, Defoe has always struck me as exactly the kind of twat that makes these daft moves during a fairly important spell of their career. Celebrity girlfriends, covered in bling, thick as mince. He's always given me that impression.

I presume they'll pay Spurs a similar fee to what they got for Dempsey?

He made his international debut for Gibraltar two months ago. I wonder how many players have retired within months of their international debuts at that sort of age.

I feel old. I remember his debut, I think it was against Leicester at left back or something. He's done well, it was a surprise we sold him.

Someone mentioned the other day that Bradley leaving would mean that they wouldn't sell Pjanic...

He's got like 3 strikers who are defiantly ahead of him, and then he's competing for a place with Lambert, Rodriquez and possibly Carroll. He wasn't going or he'd be on the bench for most of it.

He's got like 3 strikers who are defiantly ahead of him, and then he's competing for a place with Lambert, Rodriquez and possibly Carroll. He wasn't going or he'd be on the bench for most of it.

That's easy for us to say, I'd like to think he'd be a bit more bullish about it though. Maybe not...

Someone on Twitter, maybe US/MLS journo, said Defoe wanted to go to West Ham and Big Sam didn't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.