Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear, the infamous update at a certain time type post....

have these even once been true?

oh dear, the infamous update at a certain time type post....

have these even once been true?
The Guardian one about Bale going to Inter is legendary. I always think of that when some muppet says gossip from one of the big newspapers is more reliable.

we'll still refresh his page at 3pm though...just in case.

And then be gutted when the update is just our supposed interest in someone we've been reading about for weeks. Like Baines.

He usually has one of those tweets that goes like:

"Very exciting. I have learned in the past days that MUFC is considering bidding for Juan Mata in the January window".

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri 4m
Manchester United strengthening squad policy is not going only through the intense contacts for Koke.Something is happening also for defence

That was worth waiting for.
Not.

Says we're after Benatia, who has a hard one.
Roma looking good for a CL spot, and they would sell a key defender in January?
Christ, these guys should come up with more believeable stuff. It can't be that hard.

So I think it's safe to assume the club is briefing the press with absolute bullshit for January like they did in the summer. Fun times.

£20m+? Argh stop lowballing, straight in with the £35m bid.

Although I'm aware it's more than likely rubbish.

£20m+? Argh stop lowballing, straight in with the £35m bid.

Although I'm aware it's more than likely rubbish.
It won't need that much to sign him. This summer he'll have 1 year left on his contract so it won't need £35m like you say. There are rumours that they'd take £25m but I think that's likely bullshit. I doubt he'll go anywhere in January, but we can hope.

So I think it's safe to assume the club is briefing the press with absolute bullshit for January like they did in the summer. Fun times.
Only a troll like you would blame United for transfer bullshit. Grow the feck up.

Every club with money will be in for him, he'll go to the highest bidder. Likely to be roughly £35 million.

Seems a bit odd to apportion them all to the club. Agents I'd imagine are the main sources of links to try and generate interest for their players.

Obviously sources can come from anybody but I remember this summer in particular the club briefed the press a lot more than usual, according to the journalists anyway. It's obvious we were a lot more open in our apparent dealings than ever before.

Obviously sources can come from anybody but I remember this summer in particular the club briefed the press a lot more than usual, according to the journalists anyway. It's obvious we were a lot more open in our apparent dealings than ever before.

They mainly briefed re Fabregas I believe though and after the result of that chase I'd imagine they'd be far more circumspect so it's still an odd comment to make.

Can't afford to dick around. If we want him, slap the big red wallet down and get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.