Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitten posted something on Twitter saying we're unlikely to get someone in because the players we're looking aren't are unlikely to be available then.

EDIT:

Some of the tweets from the Fairthorne account, courtesy of /r/reddevils:

French/English agents have spoken this morning, and 100% M'Vila will be an Arsenal player. If I am wrong, will delete account. #arsenal on 5/22/2012

Thiago joining Manchester United finally being confirmed by papers as I reported a month ago after tip off by agent. Top signing. on 7/7/2013

Not reported anything on Thiago because nothing to say. Deal is completed and just waiting to be announced now. #United

M'Vila 100% will be an #Arsenal player. My old boss flew over for the euros today, French agent confirmed it. Announced post euros. End of.

Agent been placing stories, Jovetic has talked about Arsenal, Fiorentina miss our on CL. Jovetic too Arsenal will happen.

I know this thread is for things like this but Ben Fairthone is a known bullshitter.

It would be more believable if he at least put a realistic amount for Koke. I mean he has a release clause for 18m pounds or something? Yet we're bidding 30. Right. The Moyes comments posted by Mitten are a little worrying though. We definitely need to buy a midfielder in January if we want top 4.

What do people expect him to say "Yes we've got a big pile of cash waiting and we gonna spend, spend,spend girlfriend"

All a manager should ever say is "I'm not really desperate to sign anyone, I've a good squad"

The right player wont be available will he, no point in spending the cash on another mediocre player we dont need. Get through till the summer then no fecking around pay what is needed to get the players in, we cant afford a repeat of last summer.

The right player wont be available will he, no point in spending the cash on another mediocre player we dont need. Get through till the summer then no fecking around pay what is needed to get the players in, we cant afford a repeat of last summer.

Yeah but to be honest if we're targeting just one player, we're doing it wrong.

Mitten posted something on Twitter saying we're unlikely to get someone in because the players we're looking aren't are unlikely to be available then.

EDIT:

Sounds right. Most good players aren't available in the winter. There are exceptions, but they may not be the ideal players.

And in the summer clubs will want to hold of to their players till post the World Cup so they can get inflated fees. There will always be reasons. Hopefully we just do great business whatever the circumstances are.

I'd take Sanchez any day. Will Barce really be willing to sell though? I have my doubts.

That guy is a dick. Said Ronaldo to Chelsea is a done deal and put 150 pounds on it over the Summmer. He's a complete knobhead too, I wouldn't pay much attention to him. Plus, Sanchez is playing well this season, so there's no reason for him to leave or for Barca to sell.

That guy is a dick. Said Ronaldo to Chelsea is a done deal and put 150 pounds on it over the Summmer. He's a complete knobhead too, I wouldn't pay much attention to him. Plus, Sanchez is playing well this season, so there's no reason for him to leave or for Barca to sell.

Ya, then said he backed him to chelsea so the ronaldo odds to united would stretch.

He does float in and around the footballing world, but he is a twat alright.

Agreed. He knows nothing. That's been proven with his Ronaldo bullshit.

Well it wouldn't surprise me if we were truly interested in him, given that he's exactly the type of winger we need and we were looking to sign him when he was at Udinese. Many times the players these itk's say, we probably have at least some interest in them. It just doesn't mean we can reach a deal as that remains to be seen.

He called the Fryers thing too.. He must know some players and that would make him a better source than most.. but he does like the attention and has been way off the mark before.

Sooo... there.

I doubt Welbeck is ringing up this lad going, "Oh, Moysie told me we're in for Sanchez, don't tell anyone, not like when I told you about RvP, and Ronaldo..."

Correct.

just like moyes pulling the squad in and saying "right lads, January shopping list as follows Messi, Ronnie and that boy Sanchez. Stays in this room boys ok?"

Im well aware he is friends with one of our players. Since when did players know the transfer dealings/plans of a club? With all due respect mate, you are welcome to believe this but its a wind up. I can guarantee you that if a player had told a friend about a potential deal, the fanzines would be all over it in no time. They haven't mentioned Sanchez once. We'd all love this to be true but im just saying believe this guy at your own peril.

Ps. Ive had a pm from Sir Matt and we are in agreement.

POST DELETED by Admin

A reminder - this thread is for tweets and one line reactions to them. Anyone who violates this will receive a one week ban.

He's the lad who's mates with some United players, think Welbeck is one of them.

Alexis Sanchez would be a brilliant signing, I've said that for a while.

But he's also the lad who said Ronaldo was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.