Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
'According to Sky Tancredi'.

Remember a couple of years ago when we said "Why is Fergie after Moura and Hazard? We have loads of brilliant wingers"?

:(

I know swap deals don't happen, but it would be great if either Koke or Oliver could come back the other way.

Just from reading around online, it seems he may have been bought by a private group who are now moving him on to Santos.

They were never going to get him. They've tried for a few seasons on a trout, always refused to pay the going fee.

Twatter rumours about Casillas to Arsenal in January. Originated from El Confidential I believe.

They were never going to get him. They've tried for a few seasons on a trout, always refused to pay the going fee.

They were after Willian for a few seasons as well and that almost happened. I dunno who Spurs will go for now, doubt they can get a decent forward in January unless they overpay.

They were after Willian for a few seasons as well and that almost happened. I dunno who Spurs will go for now, doubt they can get a decent forward in January unless they overpay.

Leandro wouldn't have been a step up.. people rate his potential based on all these if's and but's, if you watch him he's not doing brilliantly.

Leandro wouldn't have been a step up.. people rate his potential based on all these if's and but's, if you watch him he's not doing brilliantly.

I've never rated him.

Pato, on the other hand, is one I'd try and get if I were Spurs. Top class player, and if they could get 25-30 league games a season from him, he'd be worth it for a good price.

Twatter rumours about Casillas to Arsenal in January. Originated from El Confidential I believe.

That just seems like a load of old bollocks to invite an offer from elsewhere. Why would Wenger unsettle Szczesny like that to bring in a keeper who quite possibly wouldn't be suited towards this league, seems to be on the slide, who would cost a fortune and who wouldn't tolerate being on the bench?

I've never rated him.

Pato, on the other hand, is one I'd try and get if I were Spurs. Top class player, and if they could get 25-30 league games a season from him, he'd be worth it for a good price.

Currently yes I'd agree but Pato is another strange choice as 6/7 years ago he was touted to be particularly good, and showed at that age why he was rated as such, seems injuries and other reasons stopped him from being what he could have, but I'd agree he's still at a lot higher rate than Leandro, whether he is better than Soldado I'm not sure, or an Adebayor that gives a feck...

Isn't that Rafael Hernandez a nobody who came to 'fame' from spotting the message on the ball that De Gea wrote and has since become a journo and basically sits on twitter reposting shut?

I could be making all of this up.

Please god no.

I would actually hate Moyes if that happened but he isn't that stupid. I don't notice Guarin when I watch Inter play. I feel he would turn out to become another squad player eventually. He reminds me of a poor man's Vidal.

Hernandez will be moving on in the next year or so anyway, unless you mean that he's worth way more than Guarin (who I haven't seen play).

Ah, the infamous swap deal. That never fecking happens, ever.

Everyone says this, but the fact is, if an Italian club is involved, it is always a possibility. They do love a good swap they do, largely due to the fact that they are skint.

Pretty sure it's bullshit but if we even think of swapping Hernandez for Guarin Then we must be fecking stupid.

Everyone says this, but the fact is, if an Italian club is involved, it is always a possibility. They do love a good swap they do, largely due to the fact that they are skint.

The fact is, even with an Italian club involved, the amount of touted/rumoured swap deals compared to what actually happens, and the swapped deals compared to non-swap deals shows it never happens... Other than the Ibra example there aren't many.. I'd agree that if an Italian team are involved it's more likely, but from 1% to 2%..

The fact is, even with an Italian club involved, the amount of touted/rumoured swap deals compared to what actually happens, and the swapped deals compared to non-swap deals shows it never happens... Other than the Ibra example there aren't many.. I'd agree that if an Italian team are involved it's more likely, but from 1% to 2%..

You say that simply because you are thinking of huge name deals. Around Serie A over the years there have been several swap deals, and they are not that uncommon there. And no, I can't name any off the top of my head :lol:

You say that simply because you are thinking of huge name deals. Around Serie A over the years there have been several swap deals, and they are not that uncommon there. And no, I can't name any off the top of my head :lol:
I wouldnt' doubt you as you tend to be there or there abouts, but that would surprise me..

The article was written by Ogden... not saying it is going to happen (these swap deals hardly happen outside Italy, only between Italian clubs), but it gives the story a bit of credibility IMO :nervous:

I'd rather see him in Italy than England, but Guarin for Hernandez seems like poor business.

Moyes isn't a fool. Hernandez is a good £20 million player, Guarin in reality at the moment hasn't proved to be £10million, but obviously has unfulfilled potential, but I, like a lot of you would rather keep Javier.

What part of
Discussions should be in their respective player threads

do you lads not understand?

We should make a rule to have all responses roughly conform to 140 characters. Violators to be thread banned :)

Standard lines coming out of a club looking to be active in January.

They're not going to say 'We're fecking desperate and will go after everyone, so name your prices'.

Status
Not open for further replies.