Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading Andy Mittens interview with Ed Woodward in UWS, Herrera is off. We don't value him at that price and Ed Woodward finally acknowledges that Athletic Club aren't going to budge on their valuation. My inner muppet accepts it isn't going to happen.
:( But we spent close to that amount on Fellaini! :(

feck, are we less than a month away from all this shit again already? I see close relatives more infrequently than the transfer market opens.

There's nothing sad about that. Much as it's frowned upon, I think muppet season is great. I love transfer talk and speculation and get a little excited when this thread is bumped too.
Me too.It's a distraction from the on-field stuff and fun in a slightly twisted kinda way.We could well have a surprising window in January, all the other biggies did their business in the summer.We were so inept that we may make up for that next month, which could be good or bad!

To be fair, in the UWS interview Woodward seems very eager to make up for the disastrous summer transfer window. The money is there to be spent. I really think this January and next summer, United will spend big.

To be fair, in the UWS interview Woodward seems very eager to make up for the disastrous summer transfer window. The money is there to be spent. I really think this January and next summer, United will spend big.

The pressure's on him, maybe something good will come out of all this after all.

I really think this January and next summer, United will spend big.
Is there anyone in Jaunary worth buying. Cabaye maybe?
I agree with the sumner though, we need to spend big to really strengthen, not only our best 11, but the squad.

Is there anyone in Jaunary worth buying. Cabaye maybe?
I agree with the sumner though, we need to spend big to really strengthen, not only our best 11, but the squad.

Cabaye, Herrera, Baines, Coentrao are the ones we're linked to. And that William Carvalho kid.

A remdinder - as the thread title clearly states, this thread is for tweets and quick one line type reactions to them. Long posts may result in thread bans. Take the longer, more in depth discussions to the individual player threads.

https://twitter.com/MufcIrishFans

It's the Twitter thread so why the hell not. This account is saying that RVP wants to leave in January or next summer because he's unhappy under Moyes and because Fergie promised him that he would stay for the next 3 seasons at least.

A few journalists have already scoffed at the rumour. It's absolute bullshit.

You mean MufcIrishFans isn't a legit insider and are lying?! I don't even understand why some people put stuff like this in this thread. Yes its the twitter thread, but there should be a standard for this too.

Just rehasing rumors that he's not happy about Rene and Moyes overworked training sessions.

Hunter and Lowe haven't got a single clue what's going on. Delete them off Twitter and you'll lead a happier life. You also won't have to read their retweets for praise of their latest books.

Hunter seems a decent bloke to be honest, and I really enjoyed his Barcelona book. But yeah, his contacts are shite.

I actually think it's true. I have questioned Moyes and Woodward about a lot, but I don't question their ambition to make United the best.

The sad thing is that if we had £80m to spend on a World-Class player, over a third of that has since been spunked on Fellaini.

I actually think it's true. I have questioned Moyes and Woodward about a lot, but I don't question their ambition to make United the best.

The sad thing is that if we had £80m to spend on a World-Class player, over a third of that has since been spunked on Fellaini.

It's bullshit, we refused to meet Bilbao's valuation for Herrera yet we had over £80 million burning a hole in our pocket?

Graham Hunter does have inside information at United. Andy Mitten confirmed it. The club uses him to liaise with Spanish clubs, and in Thiago's case, asked him about his background and lifestyle etc.

http://andersred.blogspot.com.au/

But now that phase is over. The club has over £83m of cash in the bank and net debt is down to £277m. That latter figure is roughly 2x EBITDA, down from almost 6x (including the PIKs) in 2010. The annual cost of the debt burden has fallen from £72m (including the PIKs) or £42m (excluding the PIKs) in 2010 to around £20m this year. The £600m of interest costs, fees etc will never be recovered but the risk of damage to the club a la Liverpool FC is effectively over. Because of the exploding value of TV rights, a smart commercial strategy and a once in a life time manager the gamble has paid off for the Glazers.

Graham Hunter does have inside information at United. Andy Mitten confirmed it. The club uses him to liaise with Spanish clubs, and in Thiago's case, asked him about his background and lifestyle etc.

If he had that kind of role at United, he wouldn't be spouting off on Revista de la Liga every week.

It's bullshit, we refused to meet Bilbao's valuation for Herrera yet we had over £80 million burning a hole in our pocket?

Like Mel said, United themselves have actually used Hunter in the past to help with the Spanish side of things. If he has said that, which I still don't know for sure, then I would believe it. Unless United asked him to say it of course. But Hunter wouldn't have said it without reason.

If he had that kind of role at United, he wouldn't be spouting off on Revista de la Liga every week.

He's full of himself, I'll admit, retweeting praises about his book every day. But he has ties to the club.

Exactly, and United are known to be quite cagey with this kind of stuff, if he really did have those connections, he'd likely be on strict "shut the feck up about it" orders.

I mean, De Gea might as well have been still saying he was "considering his options" after his first few apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.