Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Baines were to cost 16m and 100k a week he wouldn't be a good addition to the squad? What a weird way if looking at things.

I guess Carrick hasn't been a good addition either then, I remember the same arguements when he signed.

Difference being that Carrick had just turned 25, while Baines is almost 29.

So if Baines were to cost 16m and 100k a week he wouldn't be a good addition to the squad? What a weird way if looking at things.

I guess Carrick hasn't been a good addition either then, I remember the same arguements when he signed.
Carrick wasn't and still isn't a six-figure a week earner, his fee at the time was extortionate though..regardless of his success; as with all English players we always overpay.

Carrick wasn't and still isn't a six-figure a week earner, his fee at the time was extortionate though..regardless of his success; as with all English players we always overpay.

Value for money and worth every money.

£14m, rising to £18.6m depending on the success of the club and the player.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/5233892.stm

Anderson, however a teenager untested in the premiership, reports suggest United paid between £15 and £20M.

When I did a quick check on exchange rates in the summer of 07 I found that the ratio between Euro and pounds was roughly 0,67 so £17,5 mill should be about €26 million or thereabouts

Saw #mufc and Manchester United trending - got excited - then saw Jay Spearing was also trending - felt frightened.

Thank feck.

Do Barca not announce transfers via the media and their website like everyone else?

Nobody calls a press conference for transfer related news. It's probably administrative related or related to their on going tour.

Barca are meant to be calling off a friendly game due to poor weather and pitch conditions. Nobody get too excited.

I suspect this is bollocks, but he doesn't exactly seem like the sort of player they need to progress.

Most likely replacement for Gervinho.

Even if they sign Suarez. They still a bit short in the wide areas.

Nobody calls a press conference for transfer related news. It's probably administrative related or related to their on going tour.
Here in Denmark clubs always call press conferences to annonce big signings. It's fun. The unknown player will be waiting out back and then suddenly appear to loud cheers from the fans.

Cabaye would make sense. Blanc is a huge fan and gave him his first chance at international football, when he was overlooked by Domenech.

Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray is keen to bring in new signings and The People reports he wants Manchester United midfielder Nick Powell on loan. Powell has also been linked with Wigan Athletic, while his United team-mate Michael Keane is also a reported target for Boro.
by Mark Buckingham 1:27 PM

I don't think it's such a good idea to send him on loan when we haven't even signed anyone who can play in midfield yet.

I don't think it's such a good idea to send him on loan when we haven't even signed anyone who can play in midfield yet.

He wont get much gametime here regardless of whether we sign anyone. A loan deal would be great for him if he actually gets regular minutes.

He's pretty close to Moyes, from what I can tell, so it's pretty likely we're still in for both Fellaini and Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.