Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. :lol: Maybe i should have said i am speaking more generally and not just in the case of United that it is a very good deal for the buyer. To be honest though, did you really need RVP? A lot of posters before you signed him suggested not really but look how he did.

RVP transfer was different as he made it clear that he wanted to leave Arsenal. Considering he won POTY and has played Champion's League football for many consecutive years, I guess Fergie had to take the punt. Well it did pay off in the end, I am not too sure about Baines though.

Absolutely ridiculous if we end up with Baines and Fellaini. Come a long way from unlimited budget, and the the best players in the world quotes. 2 players who will absolutely not help close the gap which is getting bigger to the best teams in Europe.

Absolutely ridiculous if we end up with Baines and Fellaini. Come a long way from unlimited budget, and the the best players in the world quotes. 2 players who will absolutely not help close the gap which is getting bigger to the best teams in Europe.

Fellaini and Baines would be very good additions IMHO

Close what gap ? CL has a lot of luck involved.

Close what gap ? CL has a lot of luck involved.

Sure, a lot of luck is involved, but you also need to have the players. Right now, I'd see very little chance of us beating Barca, Bayern or with the signings that Madrid have made either. In my opinion, we are miles behind getting back to the top of the European game, and signings like Baines and Fellaini won't take us back there. I can understand the logic behind them, and they will do a job in the league, but for me if we want to be winning the CL again we need better.

Sure, a lot of luck is involved, but you also need to have the players. Right now, I'd see very little chance of us beating Barca, Bayern or with the signings that Madrid have made either. In my opinion, we are miles behind getting back to the top of the European game, and signings like Baines and Fellaini won't take us back there. I can understand the logic behind them, and they will do a job in the league, but for me if we want to be winning the CL again we need better.

Players aren't necessarily tantamount to winning the CL. Look at Madrid, PSG, City etc. It has a lot to do with the manager. We could spend a lot on players wind up with nothing if Moyes doesn't do his job at the level Fergie did. But that's all for another thread. (I'm going to thread ban myself now).

Baines is the best LB in the league and Fellani is a very very good player.

I think you're suffering from wrong colour iPhone syndrome.

in case of Baines- on price. He would be a good addition to our squad providing we can get him for 15 mil and 8ok p/w.
Fellaini - case of fitting in him in our squad. Whether he can cover well enough for Carrick .

So if Baines were to cost 16m and 100k a week he wouldn't be a good addition to the squad? What a weird way if looking at things.

I guess Carrick hasn't been a good addition either then, I remember the same arguements when he signed.

So if Baines were to cost 16m and 100k a week he wouldn't be a good addition to the squad? What a weird way if looking at things.

I guess Carrick hasn't been a good addition either then, I remember the same arguements when he signed.

bollocks... of course he still would be a good addition....but if we spunk 35 mil and 180k p/w on him i wouldn't be THAT happy. you get my point? If we get him at a fair price and with fair wages - why not. I'm afraid that Everton will want a bigger fee due to number of reasons ( late into the transfer window and little time to find a replacement, United tax, English tax, full international tax and we would buy him at the back of two great seasons). Baines would be also signinghis last bg contract so I'm sure he would want 90k plus for his services.

This thread hadn't been bumped in 2 hours, my excitement levels rose thinking there was a new tweet only to find no tweet. You let me down pops.

I know, I'll quit the discussion.

If we pay 35m for Baines though I want 120m for Rooney.

Liverpool are going to want the Mona Lisa for Suarez, in that case.

The mistake we have made is saying we have tons of money and that we will pay big money for the right person, then putting ridiculously small bids in for good players. It is from the Peter Kenyon book of bidding.

80M For Fellaini, and 140M for Baines.

What say thee Kenright?. Oh sorry wrong number.

Am I missing something? Does Fellaini not have a buyout clause of 23.5m until 14th August? Also, I had read a while back that Everton wanted 18m for Baines and we only offered 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.