Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye it's poorly worded. I think he meant from a sporting point of view. Which to be fair, doesn't make sense either, he'll get a good job in no time.

Fellaini isn't a goal scoring midfielder, he scored his goals last season because he played up front.

I think it's safe to assume he'd score more goals than any of our current centre mids, from set pieces alone.

That's the one area of where I think he'd be fantastic for us - we really don't have much potency in the air, apart from Vidic really.

I'm sort of warming to the idea of Fellaini, as long as he's not the only player we bring in, because I think he's too limited to be a key player in our midfield. Hope I'm proved wrong by that though, and that he's excellent if we do sign him.

Is this Twitter user trustworthy? I know he's only posting a newspaper article, but he says, "Nailed it" which I guess means he predicted it previously?

I think we all can agree that Fellaini certainly offer something we haven't got too much offensively. He will never run our midfield, but he will score goals and he will be a huge physical presence.

And he would strengthen us - but imo there are a few who would strengthen us more.

I'm sort of warming to the idea of Fellaini, as long as he's not the only player we bring in, because I think he's too limited to be a key player in our midfield. Hope I'm proved wrong by that though, and that he's excellent if we do sign him.

Is this Twitter user trustworthy? I know he's only posting a newspaper article, but he says, "Nailed it" which I guess means he predicted it previously?

he is a stop gap solution, end of the topic. Im sure this will not stop from searching for better players for our midfield.

he is a stop gap solution, end of the topic. Im sure this will not stop from searching for better players for our midfield.

A player like Buttner is a stop-gap, Fellaini is a proven Premier League player (138 games in the Premiership alone) who will do a decent job for us if he comes in. We won't sign him only for 1-2 seasons. I'm not arguing he should be our main target, but a stop gap? Nah. He's only 25 as well (we bought Carrick when he was 25) and already has five seasons in England under his belt.

Yeah read the actual article now and it seems utter bullshit, no better than the two paragraph shit from Daily Mail, etc. Devastated, but hope is still alive.

:lol:

They've just taken the lead in the 'shittest transfer bid of 2013' competition.

Barca always under pay for players. They rely on the player being desperate to move and get them to force their way out.

When was the last time Barca paid an amount for a player that was what they were worth/what others would pay? Didnt they even get Sanchez on the cheap?

Well, coincidentally, they didn't exactly get Cesc at a bargain basement price.

They got him for 30m Euros. He had 2 seasons on contract left and was best midfield in EPL by a country mile. He was worth a lot more of that, couldnt believe it when he got sold for that. Although Arse did get some good clauses put in, still think they should have tried get closer to 40m

They got him for 30m Euros. He had 2 seasons on contract left and was best midfield in EPL by a country mile. He was worth a lot more of that, couldnt believe it when he got sold for that. Although Arse did get some good clauses put in, still think they should have tried get closer to 40m

It was worth up to £35m, it probably was a slightly lesser fee because of the inevitability of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.