Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's becoming a toss up between who is the more useless tweeter, Barcastuff or Howard Nurse.

BarcaStuff just tweets stories from various news outlets. Not the account holders personal opinions/sources.

"@RafaelH117: Spurs have agreed terms with Real Madrid for the transfer of Bale. Initial fee: 20m instalments in 6 years, total fee: 120m. [As-Marca]"

Why on earth would Spurs agree to an installment plan like this? They'd lose their best player this summer, and only have 20m to replace him with.

Why on earth would Spurs agree to an installment plan like this? They'd lose their best player this summer, and only have 20m to replace him with.
Why?? They would have 120m to spend on players,if they wanted to, but they would need to structure the finance in the same way RM are allegedly doing with them ie. over the duration of the contract

Obviously Spurs will be able to arrange finance based on future earnings.

Why?? They would have 120m to spend on players,if they wanted to, but they would need to structure the finance in the same way RM are allegedly doing with them ie. over the duration of the contract

You'll need the goodwill of several clubs. I doubt Spurs will take such a deal.

What would the implication of instalments have on FFP?

Does it benefit Spurs to have an extra £6 million of 'income' on their books each year, rather than one lump sum of £120 million this summer? Would it allow them to spend more on wages and/or transfers in the long term - especially considering that they're building the new stadium too?

I actually jokingly mentioned we'd put in a bid for Schweinsteiger next.

There is some question over whether he'll be as key for Bayern next season as he has been previously. Doubt he'd want to leave but there's probably more chance of it happening this summer than there has been previously. Still very unlikely, though.

I actually jokingly mentioned we'd put in a bid for Schweinsteiger next.

I was trying to remember who wrote that when I read the Mirror's ludicrous story!!

It's like saying if we couldn't have got Van Persie we'd have gone for Aguero.

Notsureifserious.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/03/bayern-munich-pep-guardiola

Signing Spain's Under-21 captain has put immediate pressure on the established midfield duo of Bastian Schweinsteiger and Javier Martínez. The latter will have to get used to life as a centre-back, while the former, a key figure and fans' favourite, has featured intermittently in the starting lineups. The 29-year-old has only just returned to fitness after an ankle injury but Thiago's outings as the sole holding midfielder in many games was seen as ominous for his chances.
"I'm not quite sure [of his plans for me]," admitted Schweinsteiger.

That excerpt from his quote is probably the reason why the Daily Mirror printed the story in the first place.

Get real. There's more of a chance of us now actually ending up with Thiago than the Pig Mounter.

"Who is laughing now?" We are, Tommy. At you. Always at you.

So what Wenger knows is that Fabregas will stay one more year, at least! ... But he doesn't know if thats changed. :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.