Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice summary of Ronaldo's apparent situation.
8Qw6i9d.jpg

Rr0M5gI.jpg

hsySy6V.jpg

I'm wet.

I don't see it happening this summer. United spending 65 million on one player? Our current highest transfer fee is around 30 million. I don't see us doubling that, and then some, for a 28 year.

It's ronaldo amol. If we're unwilling to put some type of package together for anything close to that amount, we might as well pack it in and forget about breaking our transfer record (assuming we don't sign fabregas).

There are also risks with buying him at 30/31. My point being, we have the cash and the market has been heavily inflated. If we're going to wait a year, we'd probably get him at around £55m. He's one of the best players in the world.
My point is that it's too out of character for us.

I can actually see this happening - I just cant see Madrids desperation about Bale if Ronaldo wasn't leaving

Reminder - Tweets and reactions to them. Take the long posts about Ronaldo or whoever else to their respective threads.

Part of me thinks this is Ronaldo using the treat of signing for us to get a better contract at Madrid this to me seems far more plausible.

They're also saying Spurs are close to accepting Madrid's offer for Bale.

Close?? I can't believe they haven't bitten Madrid's hand at the offer on stake, and Levy is playing hardball like they've given them some derogatory offer.

The thing about those tweets is that unlike a lot of twitter transfer rumours, it actually makes loads of sense. I've always found it strange that Madrid are willing to spend that much on Bale. If Ronaldo is leaving, it might explain why. Well either that or Madrid have waay too much money to throw around senselessly and they'll be having both players on the team :(

Ronaldo and RvP wouldn't be very fair.
along with Rooney & Kagawa up top and Carrick & Fabregas in the middle...
top that with Vidič, Rio, Rafael, Evra and DDG on goal....sexiest first XI?

Love that Ronaldo summary...i'm certain we'd splash 65m to get him back this summer if there was even a chance. The man is an absolute machine.

If you go in wanting to believe it, then yes it does sound believable.

No, I have to say, I don't fully agree with that.

Of course, if you're out in search of any little scrap of positive information which points towards Ronaldo coming back, then that sequence of tweets is pretty much perfect.

However, I'm a little more sceptical about the Ronaldo move, and I don't think it will happen - I'm not even convinced it would be a totally good move for the club really, and you'll can find posts of mine which say as much. Yet, I read those tweets and thought they were logical and certainly plausible - that's what the kids are saying nowadays, right?

They certainly stirred a little glimmer of hope for me, when there was zero beforehand. We should keep in mind though that those tweets also suggest Ronaldo maybe coming next summer, or the summer after that, which essentially covers them in case he stays or goes. The person with this information can always say, "Well I said it might not happen until next summer." An easy get-out clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.