Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors on Twitter that we are in contact/preparing a bid for Jovetic.

I could see this. Jovetic, Strootman, Baines and Garay are probably favourites in my mind to end up at OT. Anybody still believing in Alcantara is likely to be disappointed.

Bit odd, he's not exactly prolific.

That's a bit harsh - true he has only scored 35 or so goals in 115 matches for Fiorentina - but he has 27 in 58 in the last 2 seasons. There aren't that many strikers in Italy with a much better striking rate than that. Without checking the stats there can't be many more than Cavani and di Natale with a better strike rate than that over the last couple of seasons ?

What position does Jovetic play?

Edit: as in, is he a true striker, or does he play as an inside forward or number 10? Who would posters liken him to?

Even if we do sell Rooney/Nani it still leaves us with plenty of options. Very good player but seems unnecessary.

Even if we do sell Rooney/Nani it still leaves us with plenty of options. Very good player but seems unnecessary.
It doesn't. Only kagawa remains as a natural in behind the main striker. Unless moyes likes to go with two strikers uptop.

It doesn't. Only kagawa remains as a natural in behind the main striker. Unless moyes likes to go with two strikers uptop.

For the four front spots we currently have RVP, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Young, Zaha. Not all of them can play behind the striker of course but that's more than enough attacking options and I'd personally like januzaj to get some time as well.

Here's a Jovetic thread to discuss Jovetic.

If anyone suddenly finds themselves banned from this thread, its due to derailing it with excessive discussions that need to take place in the appropriate player thread.

For the four front spots we currently have RVP, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Young, Zaha. Not all of them can play behind the striker of course but that's more than enough attacking options and I'd personally like januzaj to get some time as well.
As I said it depends on how moyes like to set up his teams. It's all well and good having options who can "do a job" in a position but if he likes to play someone who is more an attacking midfielder than a striker in behind the man uptop, then it will just leave kagawa as someone who s properly suited to it. Maybe welbeck too im not very sure what he's best suited to.

Also nani, young, Valencia and Zaha are wide players. Won't have any impact on such a decision.

Man utd news which sounds very trustworthy says we are back in for Strootman and also making a Modric bid.

I'm getting the hang of this twitter malarkey

Just a friendly warning before the powers that be come and tell you themselves, but the discussion and lack of tweets isn't going to go down too well.

Just blocked a few users from this thread. A reminder - please discuss player transfers in their respective threads and not in here. This page is for tweets and quick reactions to what has been tweeted. Take the lengthy back and forth discussions to the player threads. If there isn't one, feel free to start one.

Translation: Manchester United has reached an agreement with Benfica for Ezequiel Garay. 17.2m Euro.

This guy is a Journalist for La Nación. Don't know how reliable though.

Price doesn't sound too bad, but I'm still not so sure on what the point of another defender is. Maybe he can do a Jones and play in the middle.

Why can't discussion happen in this thread? It basically makes this thread redundant as you'd then just have to post the tweet anyway in the necessary thread in order to discuss it.

Some may prefer to simply see the latest tweets from all players, rather than go into every thread. That's why this thread exists. The other threads are just a click away.

That's a shame but not surprised after Guardiola's announcement.

Why? He got an email and he tweeted about it. Reading the post of his tweet on here was the first I heard of it so it was hardly old news. The signing club beat him to it, oh the shame!

:lol: green as grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.