Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he mostly pedaled "Looks likely, but any deal can fall through" or words to that effect, which is true. It can, and effectively has. He never said it was nailed on, because he couldn't. The only person who knows that is Thiago himself.

Hunter knows nothing. His tweets cover all sorts of possibilities so he can never be truly wrong
This.

He's full of shit. He basically reiterated what everyone else says, after they've said it. Contract arguments? Once someone reports that Thiago had to join Bayern because of the pull of Pep he'll start tweeting that Pep gave him assurances that he couldn't pass up.

Also, this:

barcastuff@barcastuff 3m
Sammer (director Bayern): "Guardiola urging us to sign Thiago? We're totally fine with that. But at this moment we won't comment." [bild]

City were quite close to signing Isco, in fact the player himself did mention the possibility for playing for them.

United dropped a right clanger with Thiago, as we do every year with big foreign players.

So i wouldn't blame Graham Hunter for our incompetence of closing a deal.

City were quite close to signing Isco, in fact the player himself did mention the possibility for playing for them.

United dropped a right clanger with Thiago, as we do every year with big foreign players.

We haven't even definitely missed out yet, might be a bit soon to start talking about 'dropping a clanger'. What were we supposed to do, hire Pep in the hope that he'd poach Thiago for us?

It is entirely possible that we fecked it up by letting it drag on. I think that Hunter was right in what he was saying. He said that Thiago was 80/20 to sign for us, this is the fecking 20! He was certainly right about Isco as City have been more reluctant to pay big wages the past couple of years, it is why they missed out on many targets last year.

Once Pep got involved we had no chance, his is too close to the player and too big.

Oh so as long as we had gotten "close" it would be okay? Utter bollocks.

It is entirely possible that we fecked it up by letting it drag on. I think that Hunter was right in what he was saying. He said that Thiago was 80/20 to sign for us, this is the fecking 20! He was certainly right about Isco as City have been more reluctant to pay big wages the past couple of years, it is why they missed out on many targets last year.

Once Pep got involved we had no chance, his is too close to the player and too big.

When did we first make contact with Thiago? When did Pep first get involved? Did Thiago request time to make a decision? We don't know the actual answer to any of these.

This is the twitter thread. The quotes are where they should be, in the presser thread.

OfficialAgentInsider@AgentOfficial59 1h
Deal has not broken down, but they are worried. United still have failed to make an agreement with Barca.

Todays update from OT: A comment from one source was that the people up there are angry at Thiagos sudden turn. Not what he promised them.

So Tweets one minute saying Thiago made a u-turn, then the next minute we've not reached an agreement with Barca. Couldn't make it up! And yet people are still tweeting him asking if he has any updates. People are such fecking idiots.

Why's everyone still moaning about Thiago then? It's over, deal with it.

They are finding it hard to get over a thread that kept saying we were getting him. when we might not have even been interested in the first place. That was one hell of a big thread.

Deal has not broken down, but they are worried. United still have failed to make an agreement with Barca.

Todays update from OT: A comment from one source was that the people up there are angry at Thiagos sudden turn. Not what he promised them.

So Tweets one minute saying Thiago made a u-turn, then the next minute we've not reached an agreement with Barca. Couldn't make it up! And yet people are still tweeting him asking if he has any updates. People are such fecking idiots.

They should blow twitter up. It causes more trouble than it's worth.

Seriously, "OfficialAgentInsider" can never ever be a reliable account and is really just a waste of everyone's time to post in here.

Seriously, "OfficialAgentInsider" can never ever be a reliable account and is really just a waste of everyone's time to post in here.
I don't really get the purpose of this thread....is it just to post near-reliable twitter posts? No discussions, no nothing?

You could.

I don't really get the purpose of this thread....is it just to post near-reliable twitter posts? No discussions, no nothing?
I haven't added the no comment thing, so I can't say, but yes the thread shouldn't be flooded with stuff everyone knows is 100% bullshit.
We might as well just start creating our own crap and post it in here t waste everyone's time.

if someone is named something with "ITK", "Source", "Insider" or "Agent" then it's very likely some bored kid making up stuff, and thus have no place in this thread.

Honestly most of it is rubbish, and if we cant discuss it after its posted we'll never work out whats likely and whats not

I don't understand the puritanism about 'reliable' twitter sources. We're not worshipping in the shrine of cancer research here - it's just a bit of fun to relieve the tedium of the summer doldrums. If some posters enjoy reading Indyfaila, or whatever his name is, what's the big problem?

A thread like this can be a kind of licensed brothel. Respectable citizens hold up their noses and walk past with averted eyes, but TF reprobates can find relief for their baser urges. Like the Transfer Forum as a whole, some might say.

I don't understand the puritanism about 'reliable' twitter sources. We're not worshipping in the shrine of cancer research here - it's just a bit of fun to relieve the tedium of the summer doldrums. If some posters enjoy reading Indyfaila, or whatever his name is, what's the big problem?

A thread like this can be a kind of licensed brothel. Respectable citizens hold up their noses and walk past with averted eyes, but TF reprobates can find relief for their baser urges. Like the Transfer Forum as a whole, some might say.

Because almost every post that contain Indyshit tweets is followed by something similar to 'I know he's clueless, but hey I am posting it'. If everybody in this forum knows that everything on indy tweets is as bollocks as if I made an ITK account and post only random nonsense, then why the same people who ridicule him still post stuff from him.

Because almost every post that contain Indyshit tweets is followed by something similar to 'I know he's clueless, but hey I am posting it'. If everybody in this forum knows that everything on indy tweets is as bollocks as if I made an ITK account and post only random nonsense, then why the same people who ridicule him still post stuff from him.

Good post, IndyKaila is the prime example of the bad side of twitter.
It has it's good points for other stuff, but for transfer rumours it's dire. I should know better than to look at,and get snared into a trap.

Definitely made up. Just someone putting 2 + 2 together. Bayern beat us for Thiago, one of their midfielders go further down the pecking order, United will go for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.