Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been one to bash these ridiculous twitter feeds, but right now I'd be happy for football dave to be giving us good news. I'll take what I can get when it comes to Thiago right now.

BPL? Sounds like a group who shave their heads and hate muslims.

My latest ITK source has assured me he's coming to United:

http://www.magicmgmt.com/gary/magic8ball/index1.html

He knows as much if not more than anyone on Twitter.

I asked it a series of questions, and it came to the conclusion that we're signing a new CM , who plays in England , is in his late teens and is English.
Who could he be?

This may be the twitter thread, but please use a bit of quality control before posting a tweet in here.

You're mixing it up with the Robben transfer.

Kenyon played hardball on the Ronaldino transfer and wouldn't go above €20m and thought Ronaldinho would push the move through. Barcelona offered €25 and got the job done.

Kenyon understood that Barca cannot offer more than 27m. He made a gentleman agreement with PSG to sign Ronaldinho for 29m. He then returned to Manchester and made the official bid of 28m. PSG chairman felt betrayed and refused the offer and sold Ronaldinho to Barca for 27m.

The 'more news to come' or 'big reveal in a few hours' trend is possibly the densest of all Twitter rumour phenomena. It simply makes no sense.

Kenyon understood that Barca cannot offer more than 27m. He made a gentleman agreement with PSG to sign Ronaldinho for 29m. He then returned to Manchester and made the official bid of 28m. PSG chairman felt betrayed and refused the offer and sold Ronaldinho to Barca for 27m.

Yeah thats true from whats been doing the rounds, but Kenyon was an absolute cnut throughout negotiations & it made us look really bad & arrogant. United put too much trust in Kenyon & let him do his thing, but little did we know the prick was being tapped up by Chelsea, he left us to go to them & took a list of all our targets for the next few seasons aswell.

Even though the prick was on gardening-leave for a year (probably so we could get our transfers done & dusted or agreements made), its widely reported he was advising Chelsea the whole time before he officially joined them!

Here's an article i found regarding the Ronaldinho transfer saga & Kenyon being the cnut of the piece. There's plenty more of them regarding that prick Kenyon too...

http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php?threads/how-peter-kenyon-ruined-the-ronaldinho-transfer.9307/

"I knew the basics of this story through interviews with Sir Alex Ferguson, but never knew the specific figures and how exactly Peter Kenyon had managed to botch a transfer that was supposed to be in the bag.

Barcelona had just elected Jan Laporta as it's new president and he had a man named Sandro Rosell on his board. Rosell had been Nike's man in Brazil had made many important contacts there including Ronaldinho and his brother, Asis.

The following excerpt from Jethro Soutar's biography of Ronaldinho illustrates how the transfer played out:

" The plot thickened when Ronaldinho was spotted in Madrid, but it turned out that he was only making an advert for Pepsi. In fact, Madrid’s interest cooled and Ronaldinho’s future suddenly boiled down to the choices of two: Barca or Man United

Negotiations hotted up. PSG’s directors lodged Rossell and Kenyon in neighbouring hotels in Lyon and walked back and forth between the two, getting one to outbid the other, each oblivious to what was going on behind the scenes.

In this way, Ronaldnho’s transfer price was upped to €30mil (£20mil). Rosell had to drop out at €27mil (18.3) but Kenyon met the asking price – plus €3million (£2mil) in add-ons – and the deal was done. Manchester United would send official confirmation as soon as Peter Kenyon had returned to Old Trafford.

However, when the fax arrived a few days later, it was for €28 million (£19 million) rather than the €30 million (£20million) agreed upon. Kenyon had got wind of the fact that Barca would not go beyond €27 million (£18.3million). Francis Graille, the PSG president, felt insulted and replied with a fax telling the Manchester club that they had broken their side of the bargain and the deal was off.

Old Trafford replied that 30mil was fine, but it was too late: Graille had called Rosell and told him Barca could have Ronaldinho for €27 million (£18.3 million). It had become a matter of principle and, while Rosell had acted honourably throughout, Kenyon, it was felt, had not. It ws one more reason for PSG to favour Barca. Besides, the bidding war had done it’s job: before the whole soap opera began, the first bid from Barca had been for €16 million (£10.8 million). Manchester United had started lower, though this was viewed in Paris as a further example of the condescending attitude emanating from Lancashire: Barca’s offers were at least respectable right from the start.

…..As the Man United team and entourage boarded a plane for their pre-season trip to the United States, they believed the deal was in the bag. By the time they landed, Ronaldinho had signed for Barcelona. Alex Ferguson was furious and his relationship with the chief executive would never recover: Kenyon left the club two months later, accepting a lucrative offer from Chelsea. "

...and the rest as they say is history.

Interstingly enough, Man Utd helped Barca by selling David Beckham to Madrid, BUT two days prior to that, ManUtd.com announced that he had been sold to Barcelona, thus forcing Madrid's hand to buy Beckham and at the same time giving credibility to Laporta candidacy and he was swiftly swept into power."

The 'more news to come' or 'big reveal in a few hours' trend is possibly the densest of all Twitter rumour phenomena. It simply makes no sense.
Ha yeh i called someone out on this last night.

'World Exclusive coming up in the next hour!'
'If you know it's a world exclusive, you know what the news is. Why not just post it? Or are you waiting to see what other people post first?'

I was swiftly blocked.

The Ronaldinho mess is irrelevant, we haven't missed out on Thiago because of any poor business practices, we are losing because he wants to go somewhere else and be with his old boss who is a proven world class manager and is currently in charge of the best team in Europe.

The Ronaldinho mess is irrelevant, we haven't missed out on Thiago because of any poor business practices, we are losing because he wants to go somewhere else and be with his old boss who is a proven world class manager and is currently in charge of the best team in Europe.

Ah but an excuse to somehow get on the "blame Moyes" bandwagon early is too hard to pass up.

I honestly believe Thiago would chose Pep over Fergie as well for all that it matters.

Yeah, but he hasn't said that has he - It's just Pep talking at the minute. I'm not saying it's on for United, but at least let the lad announce his own decision before you start jumping to conclusions!

Ah but an excuse to somehow get on the "blame Moyes" bandwagon early is too hard to pass up.

I honestly believe Thiago would chose Pep over Fergie as well for all that it matters.

I was not blaming Moyes for fecks sake, I was just stating facts about the option that is competing with United for his signature.

Yeah, but he hasn't said that has he - It's just Pep talking at the minute. I'm not saying it's on for United, but at least let the lad announce his own decision before you start jumping to conclusions!

While that is true the fact Guardiola has came out and openly said he wants him doesn't bode well for us IMO.

While that is true the fact Guardiola has came out and openly said he wants him doesn't bode well for us IMO.

It's definitely not a positive sign at all, I have to agree, I'm only saying give him the benefit of doubt for now as he is yet to make an actual decision on his future. Who knows, all this doom and gloom, we could be pleasantly surprised in the end. ;)

It's definitely not a positive sign at all, I have to agree, I'm only saying give him the benefit of doubt for now as he is yet to make an actual decision on his future. Who knows, all this doom and gloom, we could be pleasantly surprised in the end. ;)

That would be nice but we haven't had a great track record with these exciting continental talents over the last few years when it comes to drawn out transfer sagas, this feels like Sanchez and Hazard all over again.

Well you know United, we can't go a summer transfer window without a saga! Lets take the Liverpool mantra on a continental transfer - next year will be our year!

Well you know United, we can't go a summer transfer window without a saga! Lets take the Liverpool mantra on a continental transfer - next year will be our year!

I'm fine with that, as long as we avoid the other Liverpool move of buying in a big lump from another Premiere league club. :D

Rooney's out for a month with a hamstring injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.