Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if this is just "the United way"? We've never been the type of club to go all-in when it comes to transfers, that's no secret. But it seems a bit suspicious that we time after time "ignore" many of the obvious talents. I refuse to believe that it's because we're an unpopular destination. Wasn't it revealed a couple of days back that unlike the other big clubs, we're not a member of a certain scouting association, because we like to do things our way? If that is the case, then what if our scouts are merely testing these "superstars"? What if they're looking for a certain attitude or factor that they believe is needed to become a success at United? Whatever it is: the amount of trophies we've won doesn't lie.

What do you guys think? Do you trust in our approach, or do you think we're "arrogant" and should start scouting and signing like the rest of the top teams? Or have we simply become unpopular?

This is a twitter thread.

Deleted a few posts. A reminder: please keep this thread for tweets and discuss transfers in their appropriate threads.

Someone should get Thiago to read Zlatan's book, his opinion of Pep if quite damning to say the least!

DDG, do your thing.

Someone should get Thiago to read Zlatan's book, his opinion of Pep if quite damning to say the least!

DDG, do your thing.

I'm sure when he meets Pep for the first time he will be able to make up his own mind.

Excerpt from I Am God Zlatan:

"I was walking the streets of Milan when I saw Pelé in the chemist's. "Hey, you old bastard! I'm loads better than you at football!" I shouted. The old duffer looked shocked, and replied...well actually I can't remember what he said because I was distracted by my reflection in the shop window. Anyway, it doesn't matter what he said because I didn't say it. Then Guardiola appeared and I kneed him in the bollocks after nutmegging him. I'm bloody great, aren't I?" Etc etc etc.

Excerpt from I Am God Zlatan:

Well yes, he's a wee bit full of himself, that's part of what makes it a decent read.

Funny thing though, he really rates Mourinho, Capello, Ancelotti, Koeman and even to some degree Mancini, but really, I mean, REALLY hates Guardiola.

And now we do too. :-)

Do we really hate Pep? Can you blame a manager who wants to buy a midfielder who looks like he has limitless potential at a cut price, not to mention a player he has experience of working with so is confident in his abilities? Thiago is a little unproven right now, but he has the potential to be the best midfielder at Bayern within a few years. It'll be shit for us if he goes there, but I don't exactly blame Pep. Or anyone really.

Do we really hate Pep? Can you blame a manager who wants to buy a midfielder who looks like he has limitless potential at a cut price, not to mention a player he has experience of working with so is confident in his abilities? Thiago is a little unproven right now, but he has the potential to be the best midfielder at Bayern within a few years. It'll be shit for us if he goes there, but I don't exactly blame Pep. Or anyone really.

Yes. At least those of us who aren't flamboyant metrosexuals in pink hot pants. Real men want vengeance against the cnut for stealing our lad.

This is what happens when the Thiago thread is closed.

IT'S THE GLAZERS!! THAT'S THE feckING PROBLEM... THEY CAN CLOSE BIG COMMERCIAL DEALS BUT WHEN IT COME FOR PAYING OUT THEY KEEP HAGGLING... HOW HARD IS IT TO FIGURE OUT..

IT'S THE GLAZERS!! THAT'S THE feckING PROBLEM... THEY CAN CLOSE BIG COMMERCIAL DEALS BUT WHEN IT COME FOR PAYING OUT THEY KEEP HAGGLING... HOW HARD IS IT TO FIGURE OUT..

Harder than you think, it would appear.

A little back-and-forth between Graham Hunter and someone else. The term "contract arguments" is quite striking, though how much he really knows is remained to be seen. He often seems reliable, then he starts to get a bit arsey - though I can't blame him. I think he's acquired 10,000 followers since he started talking about Thiago. he must get the same question 1,000 times every day.

1. Graham Hunter@BumperGraham [URL='https://twitter.com/BumperGraham/status/355319019722649601']
    23h
    [/URL]Confirmed that #Thiago's brother #Rafinha will indeed go to play for Lucho Luis Enrique at Celta De Vigo rather then be on loan in England.
    Expand
  2. image_normal.jpg
    Phil Winterburn@PhilWinterburn [URL='https://twitter.com/PhilWinterburn/status/355423177834373120']
    16h
    [/URL]@BumperGraham Your finger on the Spanish pulse hit rate is not brilliant this summer, first Isco and now Thiago
    Expand
  3. 34ff853c5b4b84dbcf16132b325abd7d_normal.jpeg
    Graham Hunter@BumperGraham [URL='https://twitter.com/BumperGraham/status/355463257470926849']
    13h
    [/URL]@PhilWinterburn your attention to detail much worse
    Expand
  4. image_normal.jpg
    Phil Winterburn@PhilWinterburn [URL='https://twitter.com/PhilWinterburn/status/355587426133094400']
    5h
    [/URL]@BumperGraham what does that mean. On twitter and Talksport you were pushing both City and Utd as favs to sign Isco and Thiago respectively
    Expand
  5. 34ff853c5b4b84dbcf16132b325abd7d_normal.jpeg
    Graham Hunter@BumperGraham
    4​
    [URL='https://twitter.com/BumperGraham/status/355609563950628864']
    h​
    [/URL]@PhilWinterburn they were. That they dropped the ball isn't my problem. Financial cuts at City, contract arguments at OT. Happens

Hunter knows nothing. His tweets cover all sorts of possibilities so he can never be truly wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.