Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter, as far as I'm aware didn't say that Thiago to us was a done deal he just said that we had made him a really good offer, tried hard to get him and that Thiago wanted to come here, talks were in advanced stages and that the release clause (in the contract we offer him) and the taxes were the sticking points that were still being negotiated. I'm not sure what is wrong with any of that given that he has distanced himself from this cope thing saying that he doesn't know about it. Seems honest enough to me. If we don't sign him it doesn't automatically mean that Hunter was bullshitting. The release clause/tax thing could have been the deal breaker for all we know (although I really hope not).

I'm not hanging onto his every word but I don't see how the cope thing proves/disproves Hunter's credibility in any way.
Well you see, these journos have to be spot on just about 95% of the time, otherwise they know "feck all".

raphael honigstein@honigstein6m
Still nothing from Bayern sources on Thiago Alcantara. I'd treat the story of him joining with extreme caution, to say the least

Whenever our name gets mentioned in a transfer we always say they are just using United to get more wages or the that the club is leaking false info to stimulate a genuinely interested club. Most likely this is shit stirring to get us to meet whatever demands are causing the current delay/impass.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't that Central sources tweet from yesterday? So it turns out their "later tonight" coincided with when the Thiago-Bayern news started. Good news for United fans indeed.

The Journos have to justify being kept on over the close season. It seems they do this by surveying forums and twitter and writing stories to pander to the muppets fancies - massaging them then dashing their hopes then raising them again

The way people dismiss reputable journalists as 'bullshitters' is hilarious.
Have you ever read the sports pages of the daily newspapers?

Take a little look over at our official website and see how many players we get linked with, every single summer. Do you believe for one minute we hold an interest or have made even tentative approaches for every one of these players?

The Mirror linked us with a move for Messi the other week. As a fall-back option if we don't sign Ronaldo. That story was written by a "reputable journalist".

Well it is. It's as if people think nothing ever happens until it happens. Nobody, not player, not agent, not chairman, manager, representatives, lawyers, board, finance departments or anyone else. They all suddenly wake up and think "feck me we've signed someone" meaning that any journalist getting any information is impossible. It's as if this is genuinely how people think.

Well it is. It's as if people think nothing ever happens until it happens. Nobody, not player, not agent, not chairman, manager, representatives, lawyers, board, finance departments or anyone else. They all suddenly wake up and think "feck me we've signed someone" meaning that any journalist getting any information is impossible. It's as if this is genuinely how people think.
You do know the majority of the people involved in deals are under obligation, and often contract, to treat any information they have as confidential, right? A lot of transfer journalism is guesswork and speculation. "Sources say" etc etc.

Our club, in particular, gets thrown in when almost every player to play the game is moving somewhere. Currently our name gets mentioned with every player City move for, which to me.l appears to be part of the media narrative of a blue moon rising and a shift in the balance of power in Manchester. Them beating us to every signing they make fits that narrative well. How fortunate that we always want to buy the players they sign, or that we are "set to make a late move" in deals that seem sealed for them, only to be rejected by said player in favour other City.

So the fact we'd agreed a fee with PSG for Ronaldinho, verbally, but Kenyon offered them less money when the official offer came through doesn't amount to a feck up?
We didnt offer him the helicopter he wanted to travel to london on the piss.....

So the fact we'd agreed a fee with PSG for Ronaldinho, verbally, but Kenyon offered them less money when the official offer came through doesn't amount to a feck up?

You're mixing it up with the Robben transfer.

Kenyon played hardball on the Ronaldino transfer and wouldn't go above €20m and thought Ronaldinho would push the move through. Barcelona offered €25 and got the job done.

I know the nature of sports journalism is to get scoops and beat your competition to the big stories, but it's pretty clear that the pressure of needing to be the first to break a big story often leads to journos running with stuff that is more conjecture, rumour and guesswork than fact. Twitter seems to take that all a step further.

You're mixing it up with the Robben transfer.

Kenyon played hardball on the Ronaldino transfer and wouldn't go above €20m and thought Ronaldinho would push the move through. Barcelona offered €25 and got the job done.

You sure? I'm certain I've seen comments from the then PSG chairman who said Kenyon had pulled a fast one on them. Or tried it anyway.

You sure? I'm certain I've seen comments from the then PSG chairman who said Kenyon had pulled a fast one on them. Or tried it anyway.

Positive. As I said, you're probably thinking of Robben who we verbally agreed £12m for before Kenyon put in the official bid of £6m when he thought he had Robben set on a move to us.

Positive. As I said, you're probably thinking of Robben who we verbally agreed £12m for before Kenyon put in the official bid of £6m when he thought he had Robben set on a move to us.

Nah, we had a €30m deal verbally agreed for Ronaldinho with PSG. Kenyon then got wind that Barca wouldn't go over €27m, so upon hearing this he went in with a €28m offer. The PSG chairman wasn't impressed and told us the deal was off because we broken our side of the deal. They then accepted the €27m offer from Barca, Kenyon told PSG €30m was fine, but PSG said it was too late and preferred to sell to Barca because they had acted more honourably during the negotiations.

Apologies if I got that wrong then, it seems Kenyon thought it was a good enough negotiation tactic to use more than once. Insufferable wanker.

Status
Not open for further replies.