Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks T.P. , first time I've ever heard any interest from us regardgin Jovetic, and now the fella looks to be joining City, again another team that I haven't heard him be linked to before. Interesting goss created.

Silva would be a upgrade for them and Pique plays better beside an experienced defender who can instruct him ad keep him focused. Their fullbacks are such an important part of each attack that they will always be vulnerable to the counter-attack but Silva would be a great signing, I don't see PSG selling though.

So true, the reason people rated him so highly at first was because his performances beside Puyol were top notch, but this was with a younger Puyol ridden with fewer injuries, so all he had to do was play second fiddle and almost sweep up what Puyol left over, something he excels in. Put him as the main CB and you've got a serious problem.

A very useful player for both Italy and Juve and a very versatile player. A good signing for them.

He'll be a very handy midfielder for Sunderland. He was never getting into the Juve team ahead of their current crop anyway.

Loads of energy and running in him. Somewhat lacking in actual ability, which is why Juve will sell him.

Should be a good signing for Sunderland though.

Superb signing by Sunderland. Giaccherini was immense for Juve at times this season, particularly when others weren't playing well.

He's pretty tidy from what I've seen. Di Canio seems to be going all out this summer, completely on Italians...

Mannone is the only Italian they have signed so far and he'll likely only be a back up.

Loads of energy and running in him. Somewhat lacking in actual ability, which is why Juve will sell him.

Should be a good signing for Sunderland though.

Strange description. He is technically very good, is capable of beating a player or two and is quite quick. Some of his goals clearly show his technical ability and he was actually a good performer for Italy during the Confeserations Cup. His scoring record isn't amazing by any stretch of the imagination but he offers a-lot more than goals and was played in numerous positions by Juventus last season due to injuries etc.

Your description seems like you just made it up and hoped you might be right. Did you have a quick look on Wiki and see his scoring record and decide he must just 'run around a-lot'? Bizarre.

PSG paid €42M for Thiago Silva just two years ago, I don't see how Barcelona can make this deal happen unless Blanc wants one of their players thrown in as part-exchange.

There will seemingly be an upcoming transfer merri-go-round with Thiago Silva, Marquinos, PSG and Barcelona. Reports have been going on for a little while that Barca are keen on Silva, and would also consider Marquinos. PSG themselves, apparently like Marquinos, so may move for him if Silva goes to Barca I'd guess.

There will seemingly be an upcoming transfer merri-go-round with Thiago Silva, Marquinos, PSG and Barcelona. Reports have been going on for a little while that Barca are keen on Silva, and would also consider Marquinos. PSG themselves, apparently like Marquinos, so may move for him if Silva goes to Barca I'd guess.

Yep, beginning to look like that with several different sources backing that theory up. Silva would be ideal, 2 years ago maybe. Marquinhos does have a big upside but with only 1 year under his belt, still a gamble I guess

Hunter, as I said in the Thiago thread weeks ago, is as big a bullshitter as all the rest. Sports journalism is a joke, be it Twitter, Talksport or the written press. They make guesses and wrap them up as exclusives. Sometimes they're right, and make sure everyone knows it. And when they're wrong, which is often, they never mention it again and everyone just forgets and moves on.

Hunter, as I said in the Thiago thread weeks ago, is as big a bullshitter as all the rest. Sports journalism is a joke, be it Twitter, Talksport or the written press. They make guesses and wrap them up as exclusives. Sometimes they're right, and make sure everyone knows it. And when they're wrong, which is often, they never mention it again and everyone just forgets and moves on.

The problem is they get the interest right, as I'm sure we were interested in Thiago, Sneijder, Hazard etc, but they then claim it's a "done deal" or in "advanced stages" :rolleyes: When it doesn't happen, it's because we've conveniently been "gazumped" at the last moment. I don't think the Thiago transfer was ever a "done deal" at any stage.

The problem is they get the interest right, as I'm sure we were interested in Thiago, Sneijder, Hazard etc, but they then claim it's a "done deal" or in "advanced stages" :rolleyes: When it doesn't happen, it's because we've conveniently been "gazumped" at the last moment. I don't think the Thiago transfer was ever a "done deal" at any stage.
So a deal cannot be advanced and then "gazumped"? Hello! Lucas and Hazard deals

Hunter, as far as I'm aware didn't say that Thiago to us was a done deal he just said that we had made him a really good offer, tried hard to get him and that Thiago wanted to come here, talks were in advanced stages and that the release clause (in the contract we offer him) and the taxes were the sticking points that were still being negotiated. I'm not sure what is wrong with any of that given that he has distanced himself from this cope thing saying that he doesn't know about it. Seems honest enough to me. If we don't sign him it doesn't automatically mean that Hunter was bullshitting. The release clause/tax thing could have been the deal breaker for all we know (although I really hope not).

I'm not hanging onto his every word but I don't see how the cope thing proves/disproves Hunter's credibility in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.