Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why we'd not be willing to sell to them. Spurs aren't a direct rival or even an historic one.

Can't ever see that happening. 1) We would be unwilling to sell to them 2) Nani won't want to play for less wages 3) Spurs would be a step down, moving from United to Spurs makes no sense 4) Nani might want a new country rather than to stay in the same league.

Never happening imo.
Nani has no option but to take a step down.

I don't get why we'd not be willing to sell to them. Spurs aren't a direct rival or even an historic one.

But they're still a team that's on the up in the league and are already quite good. Why improve them?

But they're still a team that's on the up in the league and are already quite good. Why improve them?

They're fairly stagnate I think as opposed to being on the up. Especially now they've rid that terrible tactically inefficient English guy and got a shiny new astute foreign coach who cleverly guides them on a regular basis to a place lower down in the league. I still don't see our own conflict of interest to any great degree. It wouldn't be like selling to Chelsea or City. Selling him to Arsenal wouldn't particularly concern me any more if the fee was right.

Nani plus 30/40 mil for Bale = deal done Levy.

I couldn't care less about if they are historical rivals, they are virtually a top 4 team and so it would be stupid to strengthen them for peanuts. Plus Levy has fecked us over plenty of times in the past in deals.

Nani has no option but to take a step down.

In terms of money... probably not, he can earn more at a Zenit, PSG, Monaco, etc. In terms of prestige, Juventus have been sniffing around for a while so they may also be an option.

They're fairly stagnate I think as opposed to being on the up. Now they've rid that terrible tactically inefficient English guy and got a shiny new astute foreign coach who cleverly guides them on a regular basis to a place lower down in the league. I still don't see our own conflict of interest to any great degree. It wouldn't be like selling to Chelsea or City. Selling him to Arsenal wouldn't particularly concern me any more if the fee was right.

I think they've improved as a side from 'arry's days but that's besides the point here.

Thing is, i really rate Nani. Given a manager's full backing and games on a consistent basis, I believe he'll shine wherever he goes. That's the reason I'd rather have him out of the league than to a side already competing for top 4 here. I wouldnt sell to Arsenal either. You dont strengthen teams around you unless you really cant do anything about it.

Juventus would be a huge step down from Manchester United.

What? Since when have Juve become a huge step down from us?

They're a quality team who just walked their league. They lacked strikers but they've got 2 top ones for the next season. They're also a club with huge prestige and fantastic history. They arent as good as us atm but to say they're a huge step down, well, its only something very few United fans would say.

How the feck do you come to that conclusion? Not even a step down considering they are the Italian champions. They are the biggest club in Italy. Get real.

Italian football being the 'must have' prize for all footballers at the moment.

Italian football being the 'must have' prize for all footballers at the moment.

They're still league champions and will be CL regulars.

I'm not the biggest fan of Serie A but its still a decent league, if not the best.

So are we expecting an announcement on the signing of Thiago on the official man utd twitter? :drool:

So are we expecting an announcement on the signing of Thiago on the official man utd twitter? :drool:

I can't speak for everyone but yes, yes I am.

Seeing as Fergie was a known hater of twitter, do you think it's a coincidence that only now we have got an official twitter account? It would seem that we had the name registered a long time ago...

I reckon we'll hear it from there before we do on their website. Now we have to question why they've finally decided to make an account, because they want to announce the signing of a top class midfielder that's why! It's so on, I hope.

Seeing as Fergie was a known hater of twitter, do you think it's a coincidence that only now we have got an official twitter account? It would seem that we had the name registered a long time ago...

Certainly seems that way.

I'm sure the Glazers love it too. Free advertising and a great way too spread the name across the world.

Nothing wrong with it anyway, Twitter is a brilliant idea when used correctly.

I couldn't care less about if they are historical rivals, they are virtually a top 4 team and so it would be stupid to strengthen them for peanuts. Plus Levy has fecked us over plenty of times in the past in deals.

In terms of money... probably not, he can earn more at a Zenit, PSG, Monaco, etc. In terms of prestige, Juventus have been sniffing around for a while so they may also be an option.
If all these teams are sniffing around why is he still here? I think his options are more limited than you might like to think.

More to do with http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ecutive-David-Sternberg-as-head-of-media.html

Hopefully they'll replace the outdated website as well soon.

Not sure how well the app they mention will go down, surely all the mobile deals we've signed gives them rights to any content we may put on the app?

So Everton have signed Kone and Alcaraz and are apparently on the verge of singing Joel Robles and Victor Moses. Everton are being Wiganified.

They are good signings in terms of depth. Alcaraz is a good player, Robles will replace Mucha and if he turns out to be any good can push for first team. Kone, I don't rate that highly but he could turn out to be great. Plus he might get Jelavic/Anichebe to buck their ideas up and play better. Moses will be a good player to have around aswell. I never rated him overly high either but he was decent at Chelsea and hopefully would replicate that here. I also saw we were really interested in bringing Deulofeu in on loan.

36,000 followers in 30 minutes on the new Man United Twitter feed,What are they expecting .

He has a fairly scary face, but I think thats the first time I've seen him in a United picture where he doesnt have a smile ear to ear.

oh wait that thing was an official tweet? I thought it was some shite a fan made up

Status
Not open for further replies.