Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind, Chamakh went to West Ham and got less games than Carlton feckin' Cole last season.

What I conclude from these last few tweets is that the English media know as much as we do when it comes to transfers and just make stuff up. I've been driving today and so listening to Talksport and only about an hour ago they said that they would be shocked if Higuain didn't go to Arsenal and that David Villa is nearly done to Tottenham! I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't even put in a bid for Thiago!

I think the fact Barca own 50% of his transfer rights probably indicates why Tottenham didn't get him. Plus, they never agreed on fee. I have said this many a time, transfers change often but for some reason, football fans do not account for such changes. Instead, the blame is put on journos who even if they knew something, look silly because they were so sure a certain transfer would go through. At the end of the day, a deal is never done until there's a signature on the dotted line. So even if a player is set to go to one club, he may yet sign for another. I think the Cavani and Isco transfers are a good example of that.

Sell Falcao for €45m, buy Villa for €5.1m... that's some decent transfer business!

It was an undisclosed fee but it was believed that potentially it can go as high as 60m EUR. Though most of the money didn't go to Atletico, still it was a great business by them, 5m for Villa is a steal regardless that his best days are past him.

The Athletico Madrid model when it comes to transfers (esp. Strikers) in recent years is nothing short of phenomenal. justsayin

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri
Strootman has accepted Roma offer according to Sky Italy. Now Roma will have to match PSV request of 20m € after having bid 16m €

Alistair Fergusson @Fergie1975
Sometimes these deals drag on and sometimes they fall apart as we all know too well. BUT United are confident of a breakthrough this week.
Details
His agent was in the NW yesterday dealing with us...and his other client Luis Suarez.

Re. Thiago. Been told that United are very confident of a breakthrough this week in the deal...

Who's this Fergie?

Edit: just went on his profile, is he who he says he is?

Who's this Fergie?

Edit: just went on his profile, is he who he says he is?

I think he is yes,
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=31307617&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=E8Og&locale=en_US&srchid=859797951373361125779&srchindex=2&srchtotal=4&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId:859797951373361125779,VSRPtargetId:31307617,VSRPcmpt:primary

Pic for those not on LinkedIn
ir2pn8.png

Players can't even wipe their arse without asking for an opinion these days. Between consultants, advisors, agents, wag and of course the secret wag on the side.

He does seem to be reputable.

Alistair Fergusson@Fergie1975
@FredyTheRed Pep's brother is his agent. His father is heavily involved as an advisor. It COULD be announced today. United want it done asap.

If this is anything to go by, I can't see it dragging out more than another week at most. I think it'll either be announced by sometime next week or not at all.

He does seem to be reputable.

Alistair Fergusson@Fergie1975
@FredyTheRed Pep's brother is his agent. His father is heavily involved as an advisor. It COULD be announced today. United want it done asap.

If this is anything to go by, I can't see it dragging out more than another week at most. I think it'll either be announced by sometime next week or not at all.

Those words alone send a tingle down my spine.

It COULD be announced today.

LOL i don't see enough rumblings to assume anything's due to be announced today, but then most of these 'sources' rip off their info from someone else, so i'm sure as soon as someone catches wind of the tweet it'll get rehashed as someone else's 'breaking' news.

Jonas Giæver @CheGiaevara
@RafaelH117 With Pere Guardiola in England now, it only seems to be a matter of time, I think.

m3n0zvl76j5p0ok444v5_normal.jpeg

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117
I still believe Thiago to MUFC will happen, what a spokesman said won't change a thing, really.
Details

And the spokesman says Barcelona might sign a centre back, because it's clearly not essential to the team, who needs CBs right?
Details

Toni Freixa can say what he wants about Thiago, but Barcelona need to start treating the imminent transfer seriously.

Freixa (Barcelona Spokesman): "We're working to bring a centre back, we might sign someone or not."

Toni Freixa (Barcelona Spokesman): "Thiago Alcântara is a Barcelona player and he'll be here when the pre-season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.