Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Tony Freixa even say that? Dam work is really in the way of muppetry.

I was about to say how excited I am by this news but then I realised that I've been in a perpetual state of excitement over this for 6 weeks. If we sign him after the climax the come down is going to be horrendous.

I don't know what to believe anymore. Guardiola could be in Manchester talking with Moyes for Thiago transfer, or could be in Liverpool for Suarez, or coul be entirely in Spain. Today's journos are not believable.

Im surprised nobody (journos) have linked vidic with a swap deal....if they need a CB

I don't know what to believe anymore. Guardiola could be in Manchester talking with Moyes for Thiago transfer, or could be in Liverpool for Suarez, or coul be entirely in Spain. Today's journos are not believable.

F.A. and Sky editor claims it can happen even today.

F.A. and Sky editor claims it can happen even today.

Hopefully but a lot of people claimed it that it could have happen for each day after the end of U21 cup. I still think that it will happen but I am taking with a bit of slat the speculation that it will happen today. Hopefully I am wrong.

Hopefully but a lot of people claimed it that it could have happen for each day after the end of U21 cup. I still think that it will happen but I am taking with a bit of slat the speculation that it will happen today. Hopefully I am wrong.

That's fully understandable, but it's not much of a big difference if it will happen today or tomorrow or even on Friday, as United will probably give the guy few days off to accommodate which De Gea helped here already a great deal.

The player stays quiet, his agent looks busy and people who are tied to more serious networks like ESPN or Sky are giving green light to this.

If player or his agent say that he's not coming to United, then only then it will mean something else.

Wilfred Bony to Swansea for 14ME.

Where are they getting so much money from? :eek:

Probably got about £90 mil from promotion, which they have barely spent. Two mid table finishes, Europa league group stage qualification and then the new bumper TV deal everyone is benefiting from.

So Everton have signed Kone and Alcaraz and are apparently on the verge of singing Joel Robles and Victor Moses. Everton are being Wiganified.

KENWRIGHT: "Look, Robert-"
MARTINEZ: "It's Roberto."
KENWRIGHT: "Look Mr O - we splashed out last season, so this year your budget is 25p, ok?"

I think Kone and Alcaraz are pretty solid signings by Martinez. Alcaraz is pretty good at reading the game and he's a free transfer plus I think Kone will prove to be a solid striker with better players around him. Moses joining from Chelsea would probably make sense for all parties.

I think Kone and Alcaraz are pretty solid signings by Martinez. Alcaraz is pretty good at reading the game and he's a free transfer plus I think Kone will prove to be a solid striker with better players around him. Moses joining from Chelsea would probably make sense for all parties.

Agreed. I rate Kone, and anything that means they don't have to play Anichebe ever again is surely a good move. Martinez is in a nice position, in a way, in that as their former manager he has dibs on Wigan's players in the standard relegation sell-off. Usually managers who get clubs relegated don't get to move to an even better PL club, so it's somewhat of an unusual situation.

Surely he would only have to be there in person if there were signatures to make? Suarez isn't that close to a move is he?

Surely he would only have to be there in person if there were signatures to make? Suarez isn't that close to a move is he?

As I said, and also from the tweet posted above this, it could easily be that Guardiola is on north England because of Suarez. Probably is for Thiago, but I am not believing a word anymore from media.

Ah, the Carlo Cudcini school of retirement. Nice.

To be fair, Schwarzer has earned it, very consistent.

shabadu84 said:
Let us pray...

Our Muppet Father, who art on Twitter,
hallowed In The Know.
Thy window come, thy transfer done, Manchester is my Heaven.
Give us some hope, in our transfer thread.
And forgive us our best guesses
As we translate Sport and Deportivo.
Lead us not to Strootman
But deliver us Thiago

Amen

:lol:

Yes, a newbie named shabadu84, mate. :)

Give him a Virtual High Five from me, Steve. Actually, I'll do it;

virtualhigh5.png

Agreed. I rate Kone, and anything that means they don't have to play Anichebe ever again is surely a good move. Martinez is in a nice position, in a way, in that as their former manager he has dibs on Wigan's players in the standard relegation sell-off. Usually managers who get clubs relegated don't get to move to an even better PL club, so it's somewhat of an unusual situation.

He might want to start by going after their actual best players like McCarthy and McManaman. I do think Kone will be good for 15-20 goals there.

He might want to start by going after their actual best players like McCarthy and McManaman. I do think Kone will be good for 15-20 goals there.

I'm sure he'd love to get them too, but there's Everton's oh-so-tight pursestrings to think about. Given the sort of clubs supposedly watching McCarthy, he might be priced out of a move. And he needs to be disciplined and stick to what Everton really need - a reliable, effective striker was a clear priority.

The only way I'd be happy with that deal is if it were to be a part of a mega deal we're negotiating for Bale.

Can't ever see that happening. 1) We would be unwilling to sell to them 2) Nani won't want to play for less wages 3) Spurs would be a step down, moving from United to Spurs makes no sense 4) Nani might want a new country rather than to stay in the same league.

Never happening imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.