Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean aside from most of the top clubs in the world? There's only a couple of teams he wouldnt start for

If that. He could probably make it in every starting lineup in the top teams in the world possible, either out wide or up front, he is that effective. Up front for Barca ahead of Villa? Definitely. For madrid ahead of Benzema? For sure. In front of the Bayern strikers of Gomez, Pizzaro or Mandzukic? Without a doubt. Add that to being in United's front two or Shitty/Chelski's main man without any problem, the only problem for him moving is the price tag. Ergo, PSG are the only team willing to pay that huge release clause.

We're one of those teams though.

Still, I'm happy that none of our rivals are getting him so I do "care".

We are one of those teams he couldn't start for? How about in place of a current form Rooney or in front of Nani or Valencia? He would get into our starting lineup without a moment's notice.

Graham Hunter's been tweeting today. No new information but he still thinks Thiago is 80% likely to join United. Tax on the buy-out clause and the clause in Thiago's United contract are the sticking points as he sees them. Twitter.com/BumperGraham

He also reckons Xabi Alonso will play for Chelsea at some point, probably when his contract expires. Would be an interesting signing for them if it happens.

You mean aside from most of the top clubs in the world? There's only a couple of teams he wouldnt start for

Thats pretty true alright. I wouldnt want him at United for that money though man. Thats just crazy dosh his price-tag was. Fair enough Falcao going for that fee - he's a fantastic all-round footballer & is a complete goal-machine, both-footed & very stylish. Its a shame if the rumours are true that he'd no option but to go to the club with the highest transfer fee, due to his third-party ownership. I thought that lark was banned or near being banned in European football?! I know its banned in the Prem!

Back to Cavani though, you cant blame him going to PSG. Anyone's thats been to Paris will know what a fantastic city it is, absolutely stunning place - easily my favourite city. Its hard to see PSG gettin their hands on the Champions League anytime soon to be honest, they'll have the same problem we supposedly had - lack of domestic competition for years & then being pitted against the very best from other nations. Massive jump, but what an attraction to play for football club..

Ferguson ripped into him at an event one time and Keys basically wilted. Since then Keys talks about as if he was mr cool throughout and Ferguson was being over the top. Other journalists remember as Keys being close to tears. Keys has had a grudge ever since.

Who cares what Keys thinks?

This is a twat who asked Redknapp if he "smashed it", and said he'd be "hanging out the back of IT"

The man's a joke

Graham Hunter's been tweeting today. No new information but he still thinks Thiago is 80% likely to join United. Tax on the buy-out clause and the clause in Thiago's United contract are the sticking points as he sees them. Twitter.com/BumperGraham

He also reckons Xabi Alonso will play for Chelsea at some point, probably when his contract expires. Would be an interesting signing for them if it happens.

Are Chelsea just gonna buy every mid-fielder going?! Feckin sickening! Gutted they got Van Ginkel :(

We are one of those teams he couldn't start for? How about in place of a current form Rooney or in front of Nani or Valencia? He would get into our starting lineup without a moment's notice.

No, he would not start ahead of Rooney. It's incredible that Manchester United fans seem to have stopped rating Wayne Rooney. Most clubs' fans probably hold him in higher esteem these days than we do. He's still a fantastic footballer who's done far more during his career than Cavani.

Also, Cavani's best position is that of the number nine. Would he get that ahead of Van Persie? No. RvP is undoubtedly better than him so that's a no-brainer. Yes, we could play him out wide - but what's the point? He's really nothing special there, he just works hard and "does a job" but that wouldn't be worth 50m. Uruguay regularly tried to solve the dilemma of fitting him and Forlán into the same side by switching Cavani wide but he rarely did anything noteworthy there.

No, he would not start ahead of Rooney. It's incredible that Manchester United fans seem to have stopped rating Wayne Rooney. Most clubs' fans probably hold him in higher esteem these days than we do. He's still a fantastic footballer who's done far more during his career than Cavani.

Also, Cavani's best position is that of the number nine. Would he get that ahead of Van Persie? No. RvP is undoubtedly better than him so that's a no-brainer. Yes, we could play him out wide - but what's the point? He's really nothing special there, he just works hard and "does a job" but that wouldn't be worth 50m. Uruguay regularly tried to solve the dilemma of fitting him and Forlán into the same side by switching Cavani wide but he rarely did anything noteworthy there.

If I had to pick an in form Rooney to an in form Cavani for the striker position, without a doubt I'd pick Wayne. I'm in the group who want him to stay at this club because I believe last season was just a dip in form.

You're right, his best position is the no.9. But if he was here, as well as being a forward option, he is superior to all of our current wing options on the right. I know we'll never pay that much for a player we personally don't need like him, but he could make our team out wide. You're also referring to his performances out wide for Uruguay, and that isn't the best way to judge him. When he has had to play out wide for Napoli he has been far more effective, and that's where you should truly judge his abilities in that position

Well known PL chubster Grant Holt is off to Wigan, the home of the pie? The gags just write themselves.

Arsenal have supposedly bid £30m for Suarez.

If they're game to pay his bumper wages, then i can see that happening. Hard to see Wenger being open to taking him to be honest. He'd suit their style of play without a doubt though... not sure how the black players at Arsenal would feel about the racist feck joining them though!

Status
Not open for further replies.