Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they already signed Lovren for big money who is supposed to be highly rated and i thought the Wanyama deal was pretty much done.

Well they already signed Lovren for big money who is supposed to be highly rated and i thought the Wanyama deal was pretty much done.

Maybe, although the sounds from Wanyama's agent were that Celtic were trying to force it through and he wasnt keen. Still, signing Banega or Damiao would be at least twice the coup of either of them

Re Revan:

Of course not. His statement of intent was to get CL football in the next 2 or 3 years i believe. European football would certainly be achievable in that time if they continued/managed to sign those calibre of players.

If they signed Banega and Damiao those players would be at the very least expecting europa every season. They could be playing champions league every season instead...

Is there no Ronaldo transfer thread? Anyways will post this new video of him from a few hours here:

He said he hopes to sign a player before the tour next week. He never said "expects a player to join"

Avoided? He wasn't asked about him at all. He said he'd try his hardest to sign players quicker, but no guarantees, they could drag on.

Moyes was obviously referring to good old Leighton.

Really? I'd have thought we'd be further along on the Thiago transfer than Baines. We've already made our offer to him and the fee is set by the transfer clause. I could see Everton negotiating hard on Baines, might take a while.

Really? I'd have thought we'd be further along on the Thiago transfer than Baines. We've already made our offer to him and the fee is set by the transfer clause. I could see Everton negotiating hard on Baines, might take a while.

Let's be honest, we know shit all really.

I guarantee you he will make some reference to reports in Spain so it really wont be anything new on the Thiago front. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same bloke who said Thiago was going to stay.

The fact the tweet claims we are unconcerned about Rooney running his contract down puts the rest of the stuff in doubt.

Jamie Jackson is a tit. I don't think he has any sources. It's just guff. When rumours were rife is was 100% on when Hunter and co started to mention it, he went against the tide y saying he was going to stay, with no quotes or anything. Now it's a "good chance". What a balloon.

Bish. Bash. Bosh.

I'd be happy enough with that part about Rooney tbh. He'd be 30 then & we'd hopefully have gotten 2 good seasons out of him by that time. Many clubs seem to panic about players running down contracts, i dont think we should though - he wont get the stupendous dosh he's on anywhere else, so why leave?!

Feckin sickening when u think about what he's earning & apparantly its more than what Ronnie and possibly what Messi earns. He's a tier below those two thats for sure, massively going by his form last season too..

He is several tiers below those two, let's not kid ourselves.
Indeed. He's not even our best player anymore and frankly even when he was showing his form, Nani wasn't that far behind him.
I'd prefer Rooney sold as well - but IMO you guys are under rating him a bit. He's had a shitty season granted but he's still world class.

Indeed. He's not even our best player anymore and frankly even when he was showing his form, Nani wasn't that far behind him.

I like Nani, and want him to stay, but this is just plain wrong.

Rooney on form has absolutely bossed games on his own, up and down the pitch. Nani, whilst a classy player, hasn't had the same impact. At least not in anywhere near as many games.

Keeping Rooney is pretty important to our immediate future IMO. I can't see us finding let alone buying someone of the same calibre.

I can't figure out if all of you lot thought he was shit before last season and are now piling on, or whether you're letting one middling season and some media bullshit influence you. Rooney's still a top class player, if his head is right, which none of us know at the moment.

A fully fit Rooney is a better player than Van Persie. I'm prepared to get pelted for this opinion.

Having said that I just don't think he has the determination and motivation to become fully fit at this club, I think he needs fresh surrounding to rejuvenate his career.

I can't figure out if all of you lot thought he was shit before last season and are now piling on, or whether you're letting one middling season and some media bullshit influence you. Rooney's still a top class player, if his head is right, which none of us know at the moment.

Completely agree, he isn't on the same level as Messi and Ron but to dismiss him as a top class player shows an extremely short memory or emotional bias given recent events.

A fully fit Rooney is a better player than Van Persie. I'm prepared to get pelted for this opinion.

Having said that I just don't think he has the determination and motivation to become fully fit at this club, I think he needs fresh surrounding to rejuvenate his career.

I agree with that.

I like Nani, and want him to stay, but this is just plain wrong.

Rooney on form has absolutely bossed games on his own, up and down the pitch. Nani, whilst a classy player, hasn't had the same impact. At least not in anywhere near as many games.

Keeping Rooney is pretty important to our immediate future IMO. I can't see us finding let alone buying someone of the same calibre.

See, in my opinion Nani was a more important player for us a few years back. When he was on form in 10/11 he was destroying pretty much any team put in front of him, producing at least 1 goal/assist per game stuck out on the wing. He kept that form going for 2 seasons and carried the team while Rooney was injured/sulking. There's no denying they're both still top class players. But I feel we overrate Rooney and have always under rated Nani. We can cope if both leave and imo we've seen the best of Rooney anyway. I've been saying it since 2010, the guy needs a fresh challenge to re motivate himself.

Rooney will always score goals, he's a class player. But you cannot deny that in recent seasons his all round play has gradually declined. Whether that's down to injuries, sulking, lack of fitness or simply not motivated none of us will really know. But he should be in his peek years and he's not performing, therefore does he really warrant the high wages? Just imagine the problems we'll face if Moyes decides to bench him.

Agree with that as well. People are incredibly easily caught up in the now, so obviously VP comes in and has a cracking first season, an Rooney has an average one, and everyone suddenly says VP is the star man.

He's a better finisher, but not a better all round player.

Status
Not open for further replies.