Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

So promising a shutdown once again if he does not get the money for his wall.

Cohen looks *rough* in the picture the Beeb are using on their website.
_104544669_co.jpg

Looks like he hasn't sleep in days

Seems really clear that the plan is:
1. Ask Trump about Russia project in sworn statement.
2. Get written response he knew nothing/ was not building it.
3. Get Cohen to formally contradict Trump.
4. Profit.

But for me this ignores the Trump factor: he's probably going to say something like:

"No one is more honest than me, everyone will tell you that. Maybe I lied, maybe I didn't, what is perjury really. It's all a witchhunt anyway, so perjury - and I'm not saying there is perjury - it wouldn't, the perjury, be really perjury because the witchhunt and the mainstream media and the 47 angry dems - that's the real collusion by the way , and I mean the worst the world has ever seen, truly, people tell me all the time why don't you go after the real collusion and I - you know it's in my power to - but then someone says nah you shouldn't - but you know what maybe I will."

And the Senate will say Trump addressed the issue.

Why did Trump answer those questions? How could it have possibly benefited him? Bizarre.

Think it hit him that the last thing he needs are pictures with his handler.

Why did Trump answer those questions? How could it have possibly benefited him? Bizarre.
I think there would have come a point not answering those questions would have been seriously politically damaging. He was sitting on them for 9 months. We aren't far away from 2020 campaign mode.

The bloke is a nutter that has blagged his way through life with the help of Daddy’s money. He is used to getting what he wants because if that. If he isn’t involved in shady deals somewhere, I ‘ ll show my arse in Tesco’s window. Putin must be pissing himself with laughter at the stupidity of the septics.

I'm gonna go with "overweening arrogance", mostly so I can use the word "overweening".

His narcissistic and sociopathic nature always gets the better of him.

Pathological need to appear to be in control of every situation.

Didn’t want to appear to be “obstructing justice”. Plus he thought he’d worked out the correct answers.

I think there would have come a point not answering those questions would have been seriously politically damaging. He was sitting on them for 9 months. We aren't far away from 2020 campaign mode.

Surely his legal counsel would have warned him though? Unless this was their way of pulling him back from a face-to-face interview which Trump might have walked in to?

Then I remember his main advisor right now seems to be Giuliani, whose behavior seems to indicate he's either thick as Trump or actively trying to get Trump impeached.

Surely his legal counsel would have warned him though? Unless this was their way of pulling him back from a face-to-face interview which Trump might have walked in to?

Then I remember his main advisor right now seems to be Giuliani, whose behavior seems to indicate he's either thick as Trump or actively trying to get Trump impeached.
Shhh!

The bloke is a nutter that has blagged his way through life with the help of Daddy’s money. He is used to getting what he wants because if that. If he isn’t involved in shady deals somewhere, I ‘ ll show my arse in Tesco’s window. Putin must be pissing himself with laughter at the stupidity of the septics.

And the media including CNN.

His legal team had been going back and forth with Mueller for the best part of a year negotiating a potential interview and a compromise was reached for activities during the campaign to be addressed via these written responses.

Trump and team are claiming executive privilege for everything from the transition period onward (which is absurd). An in-person interview would have been suicidal considering the man is a pathological liar - even dimwits like Sekulow know this.

Unfortunately for Donny it appears Mueller had some cards ready to lay as soon as he had Trump committed to his version of events.

Depends what Trump told them. They can only give him advice as good as the information they themselves have. If their client insists something didn’t happen and they recommend he answer questions saying so, then it’s hardly their fault if he was lying to them too.

I'm kind of depressed at how easy the Presidency can be bought and sold and just how gullible the electorate are and just how corrupt the Congress is. This whole episode could be the nail in the coffin for the US. I think Putin is happy with all possible outcomes from this.

I'm kind of depressed at how easy the Presidency can be bought and sold and just how gullible the electorate are and just how corrupt the Congress is. This whole episode could be the nail in the coffin for the US. I think Putin is happy with all possible outcomes from this.
It’s only by realising how bad it actually is (and probably has been for many years) will people move to change and improve it in the future. Sometimes it takes a crisis to force this much needed change.

It’s only by realising how bad it actually is (and probably has been for many years) will people move to change and improve it in the future. Sometimes it takes a crisis to force this much needed change.

Wishful thinking. Even if this whole saga blows up on the face of Trump, people would still be voting for the likes of him in the coming elections.