Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

I don't think lots of signings in one window necessarily works and I'm not advocating it here. Looking at our squad though, two full backs and a winger is exactly what we need. Maybe not in one go but over the course of the next 12 months or so.

3 more? Think Delaney is talking crap again
For what its worth, everyone was saying at the end of the season he wanted 4 main targets and one or two supplemental players. With 3 done and 1 left on his list (Perisic), 2 squad players to fill up the squad wouldnt be to shocking (Serge Aurier and someone else).

the night of 6-2 against PSG

it might be one of the causes, but i think mainly for money.

I don't think lots of signings in one window necessarily works and I'm not advocating it here. Looking at our squad though, two full backs and a winger is exactly what we need. Maybe not in one go but over the course of the next 12 months or so.
I disagree. We don't need two full backs. One that can play on either side will suffice. I actually like Darmian at LB (shock horror) but I guess relying on Shaw getting fit is risky.

The RB position is fine. Valencia, Darmian, Bailly can all play there. Or, sell Darmian, Young and bring in a signing that can, again, play both positions.

The "let's sign everyone" scattergun approach won't happen under Jose, thank god.

I disagree. We don't need two full backs. One that can play on either side will suffice. I actually like Darmian at LB (shock horror) but I guess relying on Shaw getting fit is risky.

The RB position is fine. Valencia, Darmian, Bailly can all play there. Or, sell Darmian, Young and bring in a signing that can, again, play both positions.

The "let's sign everyone" scattergun approach won't happen under Jose, thank god.

In what world can you enjoy watching Darmian play at left back?

Jeez, transfer window has one more month. They still could raise funds, it matters the figure at the end. If they are so worried about FFP why haven't they asked UEFA about City's spending? They've already splashed over £200m, which is more than Neymar's release clause.
What a bunch of sour losers. Barca, Real and the whole La Liga. I wish their league goes in a hole again.
What's funny is they are going to be fine and sign off on Real Madrid signing Mbappe, an 18 year old for well over 100m after already being reported to UEFA over their tapping up of him.

They were also cool with a 200m spending spree in 2009 which included beating the world record twice and some serious tapping up.

In what world can you enjoy watching Darmian play at left back?
In the "I don't expect Roberto Carlos" world. Could we do better? Sure. But it's not a problematic position.

It's vital we get a winger. Then let's see.

You've listed a number of players and you're right, we're not short on numbers but I believe in quality we are. Valencia offers very little to the attack I think and what Shaw can produce remains to be seen. We desperately lack width from our full backs. Valencia, while reliable; for me offers surprisingly little to our attack. I agree with you that Jose's targets seem very specific which is fantastic.

Every window Mourinho says what we will do regarding transfers. Every window hacks ignore him and end up looking stupid.

In the "I don't expect Roberto Carlos" world. Could we do better? Sure. But it's not a problematic position.

It's vital we get a winger. Then let's see.
We won't be needing a new winger if our LB steps up and picks up some attacking positions during wing play. As for now, Darmian shats himself when he crosses the halfway line. New winger won't solve issues, will only placate them. Overlapping full backs help a lot in unlocking defences.

I am continously baffled by how much Perisic is under rated here.
I agree with you here, a couple of my friends are AC Milan fans and they speak very highly of him saying he's an absolute beast and the few times I've watched him he has lived up to that description.

I'd love for us to go after Moura and get him cheap.
Still a winger, similar to Perisic. Ship Mhki to the left and play with Martial. Moura to compete with Mata.

Inter would be gutted, because deep down, they know that this offer is a once only chance, and they are trying to play hard ball and be greedy. If we walk away, I think they'd be sick :lol:

That's not good to see from a 17 year old with the entire career still in front of him. Why wouldn't you train while looking for a new club?

....so, this dude is having a medical? To do what exactly? :lol:
We want to know how much of his blood is cocaine

(Btw, that man is sampdoria's owner and president and all around sleaze-bag. But also completely batshit crazy and funny)

So all Di Marzio is saying is that Perisic could stay. The suspense continues..