Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

If we don't have another mid lined up that would be a disaster despite the fact most people can't wait to get rid of him, sadly.

Hopefully there was some truth in the Dedoncker links, he's already better than Marouane

Please be true :drool:

Dont understand the hate for Fellaini, the lad has given his 100% whenever he steps on the pitch and has been crucial for us in so many games. Just because he dosen't fit the sexy glamourous stereotype folks bash him. He deserves at least some respect, this is embarassing

Dont understand the hate for Fellaini, the lad has given his 100% whenever he steps on the pitch and has been crucial for us in so many games. Just because he dosen't fit the sexy glamourous stereotype folks bash him. He deserves at least some respect, this is embarassing
I don't hate him, I think he's a shit footballer. There's a difference.

I don't hate him, I think he's a shit footballer. There's a difference.

A shit footballer that 3 managers on the bounce have shown great faith in for some reason. I know Moyes doesn't really count in any sort of discussions like this.

A shit footballer that 3 managers on the bounce have shown great faith in for some reason. I know Moyes doesn't really count in any sort of discussions like this.
Not one of those managers have got close to the league title. Maybe that's because of the tolerance of sub-standard players such as Fellaini?

Not one of those managers have got close to the league title. Maybe that's because of the tolerance of sub-standard players such as Fellaini?
Watch us jump to the title the moment Fellaini leaves.

Everybody happy.

So you are blaming Fellaini for us not winning the title ? :lol:

I read something similar before and it was just as hilarious then.

:lol: Better footballer. Well he did meg Figo once and chipped Lehman I suppose.
Still a better footballer than Fellaini...you don't exactly have to be Zidane to be that...
Nope. You've just jumped to that then. I'm pretty sure when I said ''such as'' I was clearly using Fellaini as an example of some of the shit that we've put up with. I mean fairplay to Fellaini, he has worked really hard and battled through some really shit spells to at least have some use. He can leave here with his head held high. But he still isn't good enough.

No way Fellaini is leaving. And I don't want him to leave. He has his place in this squad and is a useful player. Jose also clearly likes him.

Letting Fellaini go would be crazy unless we have 2 cms ready to join. Perhaps Jose only recently decided to buy Dendoncker as well as Matic or something like that. Frankly despite all the reports on it I find it very hard to believe that we would sell Fellaini.

Letting Fellaini go would be crazy unless we have 2 cms ready to join. Perhaps Jose only recently decided to buy Dendoncker as well as Matic or something like that. Frankly despite all the reports on it I find it very hard to believe that we would sell Fellaini.

After his performance in the final I would at least give him another year.

I read something similar before and it was just as hilarious then.

The notion that anybody has said Fellaini is solely to blame for not winning a title is ludicrous - I'm trying to think of a nice way to say it but if people can't see the correlation between signing the likes of Fellaini coinciding with us finishing 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th then there's little point in debating it - it's so obvious surely...that years of investment in poor players has resulted in poor league performances. Does anybody seriously think otherwise?

No way Fellaini is leaving. And I don't want him to leave. He has his place in this squad and is a useful player. Jose also clearly likes him.
Unfortunately that place is in the starting XI and we would want to do better than that to do well in the league let alone the CL.
Yes, Jose likes him but I am sure its for the commitment and effort. MUFC is about effort AND quality. Having said that, it would be a pity to lose him and not sign a replacement.

I wouldn't mind selling him at all, regardless of replacements. As a midfielder, we have better options IMO, including Blind and Pereira who didn't play there last year. His role as an occasional attacker has been useful but is not so necessary now and not really what we should be aiming to do.

But surely we aren't going yo give him away to Galatasaray. There must be PL, MLS or other clubs able and willing to pay more.

Every 'shit' footballer who is not clueless has the faith of a professional manager to some degree. I'm not saying Felli is shit or not, but the 'well Jose doesn't think he is' argument for any analysis of a footballer is becoming a bit grating.

The notion that anybody has said Fellaini is solely to blame for not winning a title is ludicrous - I'm trying to think of a nice way to say it but if people can't see the correlation between signing the likes of Fellaini coinciding with us finishing 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th then there's little point in debating it - it's so obvious surely...that years of investment in poor players has resulted in poor league performances. Does anybody seriously think otherwise?
Correlation isn't cause

I could bring up another great correlation over that same period. The absence of Sir Alex Ferguson. That's more likely to be the cause but it doesn't fit in with your theory.

It's true that his signing by Moyes is indicative of that catastrophic failure and the complete failure, aside from last year to have a quality central midfield which for years and years was completely neglected...and that's on Fergie and Moyes for not getting the quality reinforcements, on LVG not consistently getting the best out of Schniderlin and Herrera. Now it's on Jose to build on Pogba, but he's shipped out Schweinsteiger and Schniederlin, so he has some gaps to fill still as well. Pereira may be an answer but the jury is still out on him.

Fellaini has started roughly half of the Premier League games that he's been invovled in since his move to United...and frankly, that's too much. We know that his level isn't Champions League and he was good in Europa. The most effective thing he's done in the Premier League is been as a plan B or C and as an outlet against the likes of Spurs and Liverpool who pressure high up and he allows United to bypass the forward pressing and midfield marking. DDG has some of the best if not the best distribution and accuracy with his feet for GKs.

After Pogba and Herrera, Fellaini is our best midfielder. I don't think we are selling him this year.