Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

He was backed heavily last summer and it's not like we haven't spent big this summer either. If he concentrated more on getting the best out of his players instead of moaning like a little bitch constantly, he might not finish sixth with the need to resort to classifying the community shield as a trophy. When you look at the job Conte did last season or look at Poch at spurs, Mourinho should be thankful to be at a club like united.

Certainly in the attacking half of the pitch we need to get more out of the existing players for sure.

I would not read so much into the Glazers Mourinho feud. It's not likely that Mourinho would call them out like that. Not very professional if true.

He probably won't, as his number has been given away, but I hope he stays and comes back in January.

Are you joking… or do you actually believe that equals confirmation of Zlatan's departure?

Either way: :lol:

His preferred number is #10 and he would've worn it last season if it wasn't occupied by Rooney. If he returns, he'll probably wear #10.

In any case, jersey numbers has nothing to do with his eventual exit or return.

Oh dear. Mullock is a scouse bastard but he has good links at United and City!

They'll just be happy we're in the CL, and that we do enough again to stay in next year. Leeches.

I would not read so much into the Glazers Mourinho feud. It's not likely that Mourinho would call them out like that. Not very professional if true.

Not likely? Mourinho behaves like this at every club. I have no idea if it's true but history tells you he has form for it.

There is something odd going on with it. To be 2 weeks from the season starting and not having the players the manager requested in isn't bad luck.

Are you joking… or do you actually believe that equals confirmation of Zlatan's departure?

Either way: :lol:

His preferred number is #10 and he would've worn it last season if it wasn't occupied by Rooney. If he returns, he'll probably wear #10.

In any case, jersey numbers has nothing to do with his eventual exit or return.

Never said it definitively confirms his departure. What appears to definitively confirm his departure is that he wants to stay in Europe, which would rule out a January return (as he'd be playing for another club with the same schedule as United), unlike the MLS where we could have got him on a short term loan. Unless his desire to stay in Europe equates to a desire to stay at United only.

The fact he hasn't been offered a renewal is the most telling. And if he was still a part of the current team, I'd doubt his squad number would have been given to another player.

I'll admit I didn't know he liked the number 10 more than any other, considering he's only worn at one of the several clubs he's played for. I'd assumed he liked the number 9, since he wore it at Ajax, Juventus, Barca and then ousted Martial from number when joining United.

So, a lot here don't think/rate Perisic as a 50mill player. Yet some lad from the mirror claims "glazers are penny pinching" since we won't bid that magical high amount - and people then blame the Glazers..... Jesus wept

The salt.

Awww poor Barce. They've been bitch slapped and can't take it, feck em.

Great to see them salty like this after years of tapping up other teams players and generally acting like dicks.

He was backed heavily last summer and it's not like we haven't spent big this summer either. If he concentrated more on getting the best out of his players instead of moaning like a little bitch constantly, he might not finish sixth with the need to resort to classifying the community shield as a trophy. When you look at the job Conte did last season or look at Poch at spurs, Mourinho should be thankful to be at a club like united.

Word.

And all that whining about the schedule. Underdog/victim mentality mind set/games is not what United is about.

I personally think Mourinho's best days as a manager is behind him.

Nevertheless, if we win the title next season, I won't complain at all.

Last edited:

Spanish clubs like Barca and Real have always slapped ridiculous 'minimum fee release' clauses in player contracts.

Now that a filthy-rich club is willing to cough up, Barca call foul play? What a load of nonsense. This was always going to backfire eventually. I suspect we'll be seeing drastically higher release fees from now on.

The end is nigh.

Pilib De Brun seems like an absolutely shithouse of a 'source'. His MO is 'yeah, me too'. Just jumps on things other people are reporting or already existing rumours and claim to somehow be ITK on them.
Nope not really. He has been hinting at Utd not willing to just flog the cash which Castles even backed up. He has a direct contact with Woodward so no hes not a 'shithouse' of a source

Word.

And all that whining about the schedule. Underdog/victim mentality mind set/games is not what United is about.

I personally think Mourinho's best days as a managers behind him.

That Chelsea team won with Jose and both teams have better attacking players and much more settled squads than United. Jose may be past it a bit, moaned a bit last year but overall they werent going to win the league with thay squad firing blanks against all those teams at home.

Nope not really. He has been hinting at Utd not willing to just flog the cash which Castles even backed up. He has a direct contact with Woodward so no hes not a 'shithouse' of a source
Yet he said never once put his neck on the line and got a signing right. Never once mentioned lukaku while everybody was bleating on about morata.

Said pogba was not going to happen. Sure the guy knows a few people and gets little bits here and there, but the real important stuff is kept dead quiet.

Never said it definitively confirms his departure. What appears to definitively confirm his departure is that he wants to stay in Europe, which would rule out a January return (as he'd be playing for another club with the same schedule as United), unlike the MLS where we could have got him on a short term loan. Unless his desire to stay in Europe equates to a desire to stay at United only.

The fact he hasn't been offered a renewal is the most telling. And if he was still a part of the current team, I'd doubt his squad number would have been given to another player.

Didn't say you think that confirms it. I asked if you were joking.

In any case, that's a lot of words trying to re-write what you wrote. Which was – and I quote again: "He probably won't, as his number has been given away, but I hope he stays and comes back in January."

Why even bring up his jersey number. It says feck all.

I'll admit I didn't know he liked the number 10 more than any other, considering he's only worn at one of the several clubs he's played for. I'd assumed he liked the number 9, since he wore it at Ajax, Juventus, Barca and then ousted Martial from number when joining United.

When bolding goes wrong. You accidentally forgot:

Milan (#11, chose #10 as soon as it became available)

PSG (#18, chose #10 as soon as it became available)

Swedish national team: #10 as soon as he declared himself king of the nation, which I can't recall when it was, but some time ago, when he was still playing for Sweden.

These three switches of jersey numbers for Z have one thing in common, and that is that they're all in the latter part of his career.

Also, it was Mourinho who gave him the #9 at United. This was after Zlatan asked him what number he should wear, perhaps because Mourinho thought it be fitting for our new number nine to wear the position's equivalent jersey number.

Which was also a dickhead move by Mourinho since it indicated that he doesn't respect a player's concurrent status at the club and did as he pleased, turning a non-issue to something for fans to discuss, since it also coincided with Martal's drop of form. And it alienated a lot of United supporters from the start, not even considering Mourinho's history at Chelsea etc, because a lot of us appreciated Martial a lot.

It's just a jersey number, but it was classless and disrespectful by Mourinho.

How is it penny pinching?

Glazers nor anyone with a brain would pay £50m each for Matic or Perisic. You can't blame them for that.

Reports were that he didnt want to sign a contract and get paid while he couldnt contribute to the team does sound very Zlatan tbh, I do believe he will stay he wants to win the league so we will see

I'm a transfer muppet and even I can see the Glazers are right here. Shelling out £100m on two 29 year old players is insane, especially as neither are top quality (that's not a dig, both are good but nothing special).

With a budget like ours it's scary to see Perisic and Matic as our first choice targets we should be aiming higher.

But...he did get the best out of his players. Rojo, Herrera, Fellaini for instance were all players the majority of this forum would have dumped instantly for a new fad. They played a significant role in a domestic and European trophy.

Conte won the league with a core team that won the league one season prior. The work done at Spurs, that, I do find admirable. Do you believe either of those managers would have done better with this squad?

Even including additions of Ibra, Pogba and Mikhi I think they would all have struggled. If you think otherwise it's clearly forgetting the state of this club from the previous several seasons.

Frankly, what Jose is not good at is instantly appeasing a host of United fans , including you, that don't like him, his history, his game management style and probably his accent as well. It's no slight. You're all used to that self assured Glasgow accent and unbridled success whether the team was full of world beaters or a mix including bang average players with two first names.

I get it. Jose has to prove himself at THIS club (in my mind he is halfway there after last season). But what I don't get is why you've got Conte's and Poch's member so comfortably in each hand, jerking away? Jose has done better than both of them at an English club not named United. So why are they somehow the point of comparison?

Word.

I personally think Mourinho's best days as a managers behind him.

I'd say 'Us against the world ' has been a big part of our history in the last 30 years. With success we have been a very hated club. With our commercial growth even more so. Nothing wrong with it.

In any case, that's a lot of words trying to re-write what you wrote. Which was – and I quote again: "He probably won't, as his number has been given away, but I hope he stays and comes back in January."

Swedish national team: #10 as soon as he declared himself king of the nation, which I can't recall when it was, but some time ago, when he was still playing for Sweden.

These three switches of jersey numbers for Z have one thing in common, and that is that they're all in the latter part of his career.

Also, it was Mourinho who gave him the #9 at United. This was after Zlatan asked him what number he should wear, perhaps because Mourinho thought it be fitting for our new number nine to wear the position's equivalent jersey number.

Which was also a dickhead move by Mourinho since it indicated that he doesn't respect a player's concurrent status at the club and did as he pleased, turning a non-issue to something for fans to discuss, since it also coincided with Martal's drop of form. And it alienated a lot of United supporters from the start, not even considering Mourinho's history at Chelsea etc, because a lot of us appreciated Martial a lot.

You asked if I was joking or "do you actually believe that equals confirmation of Zlatan's departure", so yes, you did ask if I think it confirms his departure.

The only number I remember him playing at Milan was 11. If he then switched to 10 then I stand corrected and I don't remember seeing Zlatan wear the 10 for them.

Sweden isn't a club. I said club. So if he wore the 10 at two clubs, then fine. He still wore the 9 at 4 clubs, including ousting the existing #9 from one of those. Do you have quotes to confirm that the number 10 is his preferred number, as you stated? Does it even matter? It probably doesn't.

I am not trying to "rewrite" anything. I believe if he was still a part of this team, he wouldn't have had his squad number given away, and all the noise coming for Raiola's camp is that La Galaxy want him but he wants to "stay in Europe". To me, that doesn't sound like he is still a United player (but I hope to be proven wrong as I'd love to see him return!). If you want to consider that rewriting what I am saying, the fine. You seem to be starting an argument where there isn't an argument to be had.

Citation needed.

Last edited:

Un fecking believable cry babies. They are one of the worst teams at "tapping" up players and then have the nerve to complain when the same happens to them. They are doing exactly the same thing with Coutinho. They should simply get rid of this fecking rule because every team is doing it.

But new players do help, don't you agree?

We've also got rid of Zlatan, Rooney, BFS, Depay and Schneiderlin.

That's probably about £1 mill in wages a week.

So like why haven't we been spending whilst it's clear we've got a lot of cash to burn?
Just look at the targets for the DM and LW. Dier/Matic and Perisic. Hardly names you break the bank for especially the latter two considering their ages.

But...he did get the best...

I'd say 'Us against the world ' has been a big part of our history in the last 30 years. With success we have been a very hated club. With our commercial growth even more so. Nothing wrong with it.

Not going to quote the whole thing, but your comments were spot on.

To add my own thoughts...

Mourinho is building a squad capable of carrying out his gameplan including closing out the 1-0 wins that we let slip so often last season. Thats why we need more players, so that mourinho can do his thing.

Last season the target was champions league, mourinho achieved that and added silverware. People need to give the man a break and the club need to get him the squad he wants to have a serious title challenge which is the expectation for this season, (we should expect to win if the club gets mourinho what he wants in the window)

Did Mourinho sleep with your ex or something?

Dont understand the hate for Fellaini, the lad has given his 100% whenever he steps on the pitch and has been crucial for us in so many games. Just because he dosen't fit the sexy glamourous stereotype folks bash him. He deserves at least some respect, this is embarassing

Elbows, headbutts, stupid fouls, shit passing with an occasional goal...feck off to Turkey already....but what do I know, he had a 9/10 performance against the that massive side full of kids in the Europa final. We have a whole month...won't take much to find a better replacement.

How is it penny pinching?

Glazers nor anyone with a brain would pay £50m each for Matic or Perisic. You can't blame them for that.
That De Brun guy have something against the Glazers. Funny he deleted the comments in 2014 in which I replied to. Banging on about the Glazers penny pinching when we have spent a lot since SAF retired.