Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

What is that supposed to mean? Very strange. Reckon just another clueless journo.
I guess he means that Real are willing to sell Bale to United. But United not convinced they want Bale. (may be due to price or injury record)

He knows nothing that is for sure.

Bale has proved in the past that he can do it for a whole season with Spurs. And to be fair, he is not a total crock. It might be a phase he is going through. Among Bale and Sanchez, I would blindly choose Bale considering he perfectly fits our LW narrative and the position which he would love to return to.

That word should be burned with fire. But then I wouldn't be able to misuse it myself, so.....

Ain't that £36m? True but why charge someone more for a player you don't want. Inflated market benefits clubs trying to price players out of move that they don't want to leave.

Lukaku wanted to leave yet he went for £75m. It's a sellers market, they are just trying their luck but starting with a high asking price. Nothing wrong with that. They are not desperate to sell, quite the opposite.

And yeah, €40m is £36m. But as I said they'd have to pay way more before James becomes a Bayern-owned player.

Juventus
continue pressing for Keita. Marotta's confirmation: "We have submitted an offer to Lazio"

Juventus
continue pressing for Keita. Marotta's confirmation: "We have submitted an offer to Lazio"

Interesting that in a market where we are 'looking for a player who can attack through the wings' Juve are possibly signing Costa, Bernadeschi and Keita and we seemingly can't see another option to Perisic.

Would love to have Bale at United, but horrified how much Real would be able to extract out of Woody with all the injury issues Bale has. He seems to suffer a lot of muscle issues which do not go away so easily. He will be missing large junks of the season out with injuries, similar to Jones.

All these Bale links despite Bale continually insisting he is happy at Madrid and doesn't want to leave. It's a boring and lazy link, tired of it now.
Doesn't seem like any mega EPL signings left for this summer, so the press have to go with something.

To be fair Sammy Lee said yesterday about City hierarchy thinking if Mbappe goes to Madrid we will get Bale.

Obviously there is conjecture involved but I wouldn't be surprised if they knew something.
City and United probably have numerous ex colleagues working for the respective clubs. It's not outlandish to think that they keep in touch and discuss what may or may not happen.

One thing for sure - United won't want to leak that we're after Bale. I doubt Woodward wants to look like a bellend again.

Also, I don't see what City get out of leaking this to the press. If anything, it's playing into Madrid's hands. Mbappe will know that they're willing to sacrifice a star name so he can be in the starting eleven.

Well the whole world knows we are desperate for a winger now so Lazio would probably demand the same fee as Inter.

Keita’s contract is due to expire next year so the fee wouldn't be very high (€ 25-30 mln)

EYE! Coutinho has called on Jurgen Klopp to let him go this summer if or if. Pressure from the Brazilian Liverpool #mercato

Well Gerrard Romero has a good track record, however, he hasn't had a good summer so far.

He had Fabinho to City earlier on. That obviously didn't happen.

City are hell bent on buying Monacos team so dont hold your breath.

Interesting that in a market where we are 'looking for a player who can attack through the wings' Juve are possibly signing Costa, Bernadeschi and Keita and we seemingly can't see another option to Perisic.

Thats not how football works. Why cant u lot get over the fact that Perisic might be ideal for what Jose wants to do?

Thats not how football works. Why cant u lot get over the fact that Perisic might be ideal for what Jose wants to do?

I am aware of, and over that fact. I'm not fully in agreement, or at peace with it.