Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Bale has proved in the past that he can do it for a whole season with Spurs. And to be fair, he is not a total crock. It might be a phase he is going through. Among Bale and Sanchez, I would blindly choose Bale considering he perfectly fits our LW narrative and the position which he would love to return to.

Last edited:
The Mbappe talk is interesting. It felt as though Madrid were effectively writing off a transfer as they couldn't get the funds sorted and, quite suddenly, massive numbers are being quoted. If true, I'd hazard a guess that they've already recouped at least some of the fee through another deal(s) that aren't yet public knowledge...

Yeah, but Liverpool don't need to sell and he has around 4 or 5 years left on his contract with no clause. I'm sure he'll end up at Barca, but this is a little too late in the window to get started up and have any realistic chance of happening IMO. If it was happening stuff would have been happening 6 weeks ago.

That's assuming that stuff hasn't been happening for the last 6 weeks unbeknownst to the general public.

I've no idea whether Coutinho will move, but citing lack of any public briefings with over a month to run in the transfer window (more time than has actually passed) probably isn't reflective of what discussions are happening.

The Mbappe talk is interesting. It felt as though Madrid were effectively writing off a transfer as they couldn't get the funds sorted and, quite suddenly, massive numbers are being quoted. If true, I'd hazard a guess that they've already recouped at least some of the fee through another deal(s) that aren't yet public knowledge...

That's assuming that stuff hasn't been happening for the last 6 weeks unbeknownst to the general public.

I've no idea whether Coutinho will move, but citing lack of any public briefings with over a month to run in the transfer window (more time than has actually passed) probably isn't reflective of what discussions are happening.
Well, Barca have had a bid rejected and have been told he's not for sale. Doesn't sound like there's been much behind the scenes talk with a stance that firm. Also, just signed a new contract in December-ish so I'm sure there was some sort of agreement he will stay beyond the 5 months left of the season.

Well, Barca have had a bid rejected and have been told he's not for sale. Doesn't sound like there's been much behind the scenes talk with a stance that firm.

I heard they would bite for 100m euros.. Not sure how credible it is but IIRC it was the telegraph suggesting it? Something like that anyway.

And that's the original bid, right? At this point I'd like to go around 6-8m under the original bid to test them and their desperation.

If all this is true I guess Mourinho publicly stating we want two more but will settle for one and a midfielder is a priority really worked and has forced Inter's hand.

I wouldn't be averse to that. United offered them a fair, even generous price and they treated our club with lack of professional courtesy.

I wouldn't be averse to that. United offered them a fair, even generous price and they treated our club with lack of professional courtesy.
I think it just looks like they've overplayed their hand. Hopefully we stay firm and I expect they'll come to their senses. They seem to have been aggrieved that we were trying to force them into a corner because of their potential FFP issue but there's no need to turn it into something personal - it's just business.

I think it just looks like they've overplayed their hand. Hopefully we stay firm and I expect they'll come to their senses. They seem to have been aggrieved that we were trying to force them into a corner because of their potential FFP issue but there's no need to turn it into something personal - it's just business.

Let's be honest: business is business. Most if not all clubs (including Inter), would have tried the same strategy.

Nah, feck Inter. I like this hard line response to these twats. Let it be a lesson to the other clubs that try to screw us that we'll draw a line somewhere especially for average players like Perisic.

Let's be honest. If it was Juve that Inter were selling him to, they'd sell him for €30m.

I really don't think Perisic will be a happy man knowing he could have at least doubled his wages, and he knows we've bid more than enough to get him so he'll probably put the blame solely on Inter (rightfully) and strop throughout the season.

Hopefully Inter are left with that scenario, 'cos as much as I want Mourinho to get the players he wants, Perisic doesn't really get my muppet juices flowing!

Milan : Currently no negotiations over Sanches as the player valuation is too high. If things change in August, we are here to look at it again.

In TV: Madrid want to sign Dembelé and leave him on loan at Borussia. They have a preferential option for Dembelé,Weigl and Aubameyang

Don't know why United are prioritising that side, anyway. They have Martial, who surely must be looking to make that position his own, probably on rotation with Rashford, both as back up for Lukaku down the centre.

The other flank is where United should be looking to improve. But who? If United don't want to spend the Earth on a Dembele or a Dybala there are players out there. Mahrez for £40m, Schick for £30m. Perhaps Asensio if Mbappe goes to Real?

I feel a meal is being made of a situation which could already have been concluded.
Valencia! He is a one man right wing combo which allows us to play an AM there whilst having a proper midfield three. If we achieve territorial domination in a match Valencia can spend the rest of the match on the right wing with Mata/Mkhi joining the striker in the box.

Valencia! He is a one man right wing combo which allows us to play an AM there whilst having a proper midfield three. If we achieve territorial domination in a match Valencia can spend the rest of the match on the right wing with Mata/Mkhi joining the striker in the box.

That is a nightmare even if it could work.

Except it doesbt work v well. Valencia does f all with all that possession and has no winger ahead of him.

Good considering they just got a prove top tier player for 36m I don't see where they go around ripping over clubs off.

Who? James? They didn't. They loaned him for 2 years with an option to buy for €40m. If they do buy him, he'll have cost upwards of €60m because they are playing Real Madrid a loan fee for every season, rumoured to be in the €10-€15 range.

Bayern are just trying to take advantage of the inflated market prices. They've got nothing to lose by setting the price high. If someone bites, great. If not, they'll just loan him out near the end of the window.

Who? James? They didn't. They loaned him for 2 years with an option to buy for €40m. If they do buy him, he'll have cost upwards of €60m because they are playing Real Madrid a loan fee for every season, rumoured to be in the €10-€15 range.

Bayern are just trying to take advantage of the inflated market prices. They've got nothing to lose by setting the price high. If someone bites, great. If not, they'll just loan him out near the end of the window.

Ain't that £36m? True but why charge someone more for a player you don't want. Inflated market benefits clubs trying to price players out of move that they don't want to leave.