Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Other than Sancho, it doesnt look like there will be any more ins and outs tonight, which is really disappointing. Was hoping for 2 out and 1 in today.

If it is just Sancho then this window gets a 7.5.

We havnt moved on enough dead wood.
Who else do you want rid of? There's basically zero interest in Lindelof and Eriksen. We could give them away for free to get their wages off the books, but they're expiring in a year anyway and given the injury bug could be useful. It wouldn't be some big win to sell them.

Casemiro or Antony would be a big win to be rid of as they're on long-term big money, but there's no interest in them. Nothing we can do about that really.

If we get even £20M for Sancho combined with his wages that's nearly £50M in savings for a guy not even in our squad. Would be a massive coup.

Good, sounds like INEOS are doing the right thing here.
I agree, being desperate sellers is never going to help. I don't expect him to play much if he stays but I think ETH will at least give him a chance, which will help our position when selling players. You don't need to make it a public dispute to get someone out.

The approach of casting a player to the reserves just doesn't make any business sense. His issue with ETH was silly but it wasn't something so bad you can't come back from it. Unless the player is an active nuisance, then it's better they stay in the squad and if there are injuries or they apply themselves well, an opportunity may come.

I think what Chelsea have done with Sterling is a bad way to handle things from a personal and business perspective.

Other than Sancho, it doesnt look like there will be any more ins and outs tonight, which is really disappointing. Was hoping for 2 out and 1 in today.

We have let go over 14 players, can’t be all done at once!

McT, Greenwood, AWB, Kambwala, Hannibal, Dvdb, Pellistri.

We can only sell who clubs want to buy and with wages they’re on (previous morons in charge), we’ve done ok I think

What?! :lol: We've got rid of a ton of deadwood, way more than I ever expected this summer. What the hell did you expect?!

What?! :lol: We've got rid of a ton of deadwood, way more than I ever expected this summer. What the hell did you expect?!
Be glad that atleast he didn’t expect us to play in the new stadium to start the season.

Wow tough crowd!

I've never known Utd sell so many ex first teamers / squad players as this window in my lifetime.

Maybe he shouldn’t have been part of the team that so grossly overpaid for Casemiro in the first place, or spent 55m on Mount when we needed a DM. They all knew the rules before they made those signings. Zero sympathy. Hey, maybe pushing for the Antony signing at 85 fecking million has something to do with your PSR woes you absolute weapon? Personally I like Mount, and wasn’t against his signing, but in the context of financial realities and what we had paid for other players, it was a poor use of resources. Now coming home to roost. The architect of our own problems. Not PSR, us.

Maybe he shouldn’t have been part of the team that so grossly overpaid for Casemiro in the first place, or spent 55m on Mount when we needed a DM. They all knew the rules before they made those signings. Zero sympathy. Hey, maybe pushing for the Antony signing at 85 fecking million has something to do with your PSR woes you absolute weapon? Personally I like Mount, and wasn’t against his signing, but in the context of financial realities and what we had paid for other players, it was a poor use of resources. Now coming home to roost. The architect of our own problems. Not PSR, us.
Pretty much

Yeah no sympathies from me. On the contrary, PSR has actually allowed us to reinforce our squad immensely, more than what the normal market would allow.

He's made his bed, let him kindly lie on it

Yup, can't have your cake and eat it too.

Can't argue with any of that. I do still think a system that encourages selling academy products is flawed and in need of reform though. Utd and ETH's reckless spending absolutely deserved to have consequences though (don't think Scott was necessarily the one that deserved to be sacrificed if not for PSR).

Can't argue with any of that. I do still think a system that encourages selling academy products is flawed and in need of reform though. Utd and ETH's reckless spending absolutely deserved to have consequences though (don't think Scott was necessarily the one that deserved to be sacrificed if not for PSR).
Completely agree that PSR is flawed, precisely for the reason you stated. We’ll see if the anchoring system does any better.

I don’t really think you can blame him for the Antony situation. He’s not in the boardroom striking deals, and from what we’ve learned about the absolute shit show that was running the gaff for the last ten years, it’s very plausible he was given assurances that the price wasn’t an issue.
I think it went more along the lines of..

TH - “here are a few players I like, because your scouting department haven’t given me anything to work with”
Murtogh - “Great.. we’ve just spent all the budget for the next three years on those players… good luck!”