Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

You've missed out his wages in year 1.
No, I didn't. We're going in circles here. The loan fee is what would go towards the wages.

As I mentioned, the loan fee is all the team getting the player offers. You're right that the loan fee will probably equal Ugarte's wages, but you're wrong if you think we're going to pay all his wages AND give an additional loan fee. The loan is there to offset the wages for PSG; it's PSG who pays his wages while he's on loan.

So again, there is zero additional cost to using the loan-with-obligation option.

As much as I'd love to see this, I cannot see Juventus giving us a suitable offer.

It'll be a loan with no obligation or a derisory transfer fee.
What is "suitable offer"? He is a huge hole in our wage bill and horrible for the team culture. Club needs to give up their fantasies and sell him for any amount that leaves us with 10mil net income, regardless of if we need to pay him off, give Juve good deal or whatever

FFs, unless we have to pay Juve, just get rid of him. All he does is impede Amad's development and is a stain on our club and budget

No, I didn't. We're going in circles here. The loan fee is what would go towards the wages.

As I mentioned, the loan fee is all the team getting the player offers. You're right that the loan fee will probably equal Ugarte's wages, but you're wrong if you think we're going to pay all his wages AND give an additional loan fee. The loan is there to offset the wages for PSG; it's PSG who pays his wages while he's on loan.

So again, there is zero additional cost to using the loan-with-obligation option.
The loan fee would be higher if PSG is going to cover his wages fully. It literally makes no sense for them to do a loan otherwise unless the conditions for sales are ridiculously easy to hit.

The loan fee would be higher if PSG is going to cover his wages fully. It literally makes no sense for them to do a loan otherwise unless the conditions for sales are ridiculously easy to hit.
I'm not sure why this concept is so hard for some folks. The loan fee is what would cover his wages. His wages are roughly £5M, so we'll pay a £5M loan fee, which PSG will then take and pay Ugarte in wages. The net effect will be that we're effectively paying his wages, but that isn't more expensive than if we bought him outright (we'd also be paying his wages in that case).

For the third time, there need not be any extra cost associated with loan-with-obligation.

I'm not sure why this concept is so hard for some folks. The loan fee is what would cover his wages. His wages are roughly £5M, so we'll pay a £5M loan fee, which PSG will then take and pay Ugarte in wages. The net effect will be that we're effectively paying his wages, but that isn't more expensive than if we bought him outright (we'd also be paying his wages in that case).

For the third time, there need not be any extra cost associated with loan-with-obligation.
And my point is PSG is not going to accept that unless the obligation to buy is easy to hit or the transfer fee is substantially higher through this option.

If all the transfer fee does is cover his wages, that’s a loss on their books due to his transfer fee amortisation.

Stop acting like you know the full details of the loan fee required unless you actually have proof to back it up.

If he doesn't go, he's absolutely no ambition to play regularly at all. He could rejuvenate himself in Italy. He certainly won't do it at United.
He never had an ambition to be the best, he was just playing for fun, you'll be hugely disappointed if you think he'll leave 350k of wage for regular football.

What we really want is the right balance and right now it feels like too much chit chat.
I know, you can never make us happy :)
We’ve tried but can’t please everyone. Posters need to self regulate the thread themselves and take ongoing conversations to player specific threads

If you look even at the signings PSG make, it’s kind of like city. They just go for the best available players for around 50/60 million and if they don’t work they quickly ship them out for 30-50 million and go again. It’s a lot better than us with Pogba Antony Sancho etc for 80 million with huge wages and nobody will touch them for even half of that fee. Even if Neves flops they’ll have no problem getting 40/50 million for him in a season or two. It makes more sense from a squad building perspective

I wish Sancho would have ambition to play and reduce his wages. Joao Felix took 1/3 of his Atletico wages to play for Chelsea.

I wish Sancho would have ambition to play and reduce his wages. Joao Felix took 1/3 of his Atletico wages to play for Chelsea.
Getting his wages off the books is worth taking a hit on the transfer fee. We need to admit we fecked up and move on.

Every club who comes for our players seem to do so cap-in-hand looking for a loan.:(
It’s because the morons before overpaid for the wages. I’ve been screaming into my wardrobe now for over a decade whenever I saw the wages in our transfer deals. Finally… we’re seeing sense. We will sell infinitely better in the future.

They paid EUR 30m+ for Lukaku and signed Neres for another EUR 30m. ~EUR 30m for McT sounds reasonable.

My biggest hope here is that seemingly Conte wants him. Usually if he doesn't get what he wants he throws his toys out of the pram & starts acting like a grade A douche. So, fingers crossed a solution would be found.

Can’t believe we spent 2 summers chasing this guy and wading through dortmunds BS and all we got was this crumby loser. It’s fecking tragic.
We have also spent 2 summers trying to get rid of him. Disaster buy. legacy of the past shitshow under Woodward.

Selling Scott and Sancho after Aaron and Donny will be such huge steps by the club. We are moving deadweight which was so difficult previously.

They paid EUR 30m+ for Lukaku and signed Neres for another EUR 30m. ~EUR 30m for McT sounds reasonable.

My biggest hope here is that seemingly Conte wants him. Usually if he doesn't get what he wants he throws his toys out of the pram & starts acting like a grade A douche. So, fingers crossed a solution would be found.
Dear me, just take that deal not like he'll be playing in the same country or league as us, just move him on and get the Ugarte deal in place.

Dear me, just take that deal not like he'll be playing in the same country or league as us, just move him on and get the Ugarte deal in place.
They have a target and they aren't moving from it - good food them, and us going forward.

I'm happy to take our time with Scott and Ugarte. For years we complained we overpaid and we didn't get anything for our own players. So if the new management can do good deals and show we aren't going to just be bent over well that's a direction I would like us to go

Selling McT and Sancho would be otherworldly, what a transferperiod this would be. I wonder wether they have potential incomings lined up if United would manage to get 80 mil. in Euro's (asking prices are €30mil for McT and €51mil for Sancho).. Besides Ugarte i mean? We could really do with a ball playing midfielder/more mobile Eriksen.

No point selling Mctominay for cheap, he might not be technically brilliant but he's a good squad player with incredible fitness and mental attributes. Sancho on the other hand I'm more than happy to take any sort of deal which saves a bit of face for us and sees him out the door.

The club have said that they don't need to sell him so they'll not budge on the price. They're fine having him still at the club. Meet the price or he doesn't leave.

No point selling Mctominay for cheap, he might not be technically brilliant but he's a good squad player with incredible fitness and mental attributes. Sancho on the other hand I'm more than happy to take any sort of deal which saves a bit of face for us and sees him out the door.
The trouble is finding clubs who'll even give us that for the likes of Sancho, Antony, Casemiro...

The positives you gave for McTominay are valid, but probably the reasons why we at least have clubs putting in reasonable bids for him. We'd like a bit more - and in the current market he definitely should be more towards £30m than £20m - but I can see why we'd negotiate and eventually sell him at anything around £25m+, as he's our one (useful but) dispensable squad player that we seem like being able to sell to generate a meaningful amount of money.

Please accept it, they’re lowballing but we need to raise funds and he’s the only one we have that can bring any money in. Get him and Sancho gone, use that money to bring in Ugarte. Which would leave us with a net spend of around €100m for the window, even with us being in a tough spot with PSR, I think we could manage that.