Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

What other standout performances can you name since he signed for United?
I’m not being facetious, can you genuinely name more than that game where he stood out, either at United or on loan at Dortmund?
I am sorry but my memory does not work like that. Most games becomes a blur after a while. Could not tell you a specific good perfomance from any of our players. Bar possibly Harry Maguire against Fulham or Carrick against Roma, Keane against Juve,
But i know i have seen Jadon play well a number of times, just has not had the impact we all hoped for. I know he is one of the current players we feel it is cool to throw dirt at but i just don’t agree that he is absolute trash as a player.

I am sorry but my memory does not work like that. Most games becomes a blur after a while. Could not tell you a specific good perfomance from any of our players. Bar possibly Harry Maguire against Fulham or Carrick against Roma, Keane against Juve,
But i know i have seen Jadon play well a number of times, just has not had the impact we all hoped for. I know he is one of the current players we feel it is cool to throw dirt at but i just don’t agree that he is absolute trash as a player.

I agree that he can do a job in a different league, I just don’t think he’s cut out to the pace of the premier league.
Plus I never felt like he was willing to put the effort in which doesn’t help, which is why we should cut our losses if a reasonable offer comes in.

His performances for us have been so bad, compared to when he was in Germany, I believe they sold us his twin brother Jason.

More on Oyedele's possible departure (Tier 2):

The latest from Poland (Tier 2):

Maxi Oyedele is already in Warsaw so there are only formalities left before signing a contract with Legia Warsaw.
Maxi Oyedele will become a Legia Warsaw player! The club has reached an agreement with Manchester United. The 19-year-old will undergo medical tests in the capital in the coming days.

This move simultaneously rules out the arrival of Darko Nejasmic.

Great so we delayed it for weeks yet didn’t get them to budge on a penny

Typical whipping boys in the market ey
Absolutely, if it really ends at 60m that's 1 step forward (De Ligt and Mazraoui) and 4 steps back
They did lower their demands, though. Fabrice Hawkins reported this today on his RMC Sport article on PSG's remaining transfer activities:
That leaves the case of Manuel Ugarte: everyone at the club has accepted that he will be leaving before the market closes, but an agreement has yet to be reached with Manchester United. It could be in the form of a loan with an option to buy (potentially compulsory). Paris have already lowered their initial demands but do not want to make a loss on the Uruguayan midfielder, recruited last summer for €60 million. However, the Red Devils are not prepared to splash the cash on a player who was frequently benched last season. An agreement between the two parties is close, but has yet to be finalised.
The initial asking price was €70m according to L'Équipe back in July. PSG just don't want to go any lower than €60m at this time. We shall see if United get to that price via some add-ons or if they pay that as a guaranteed amount.

Should have just gone for Joao Neves at that price.
It's not just the price it's also the way of payment. I think PSG agreed to pay it immediately with Neves, rather than in instalments (as we we're looking to negotiating with deals).

Presumably that's what we've been discussing with PSG as much as the fee. Maybe we've been prepared to pay a little higher than we wanted if we've managed to pay it how we wished (same as the Zirkzee deal)? Or we've maybe negotiated more add ons to get to the potential fee rather than it being guaranteed?

I mean the source is Le Parisien. Sounds like a bit of PR on behalf of PSG. Let's wait and see what the actual details are before we jump to conclusions.

They did lower their demands, though. Fabrice Hawkins reported this today on his RMC Sport article on PSG's remaining transfer activities:

The initial asking price was €70m according to L'Équipe back in July. PSG just don't want to go any lower than €60m at this time. We shall see if United get to that price via some add-ons or if they pay that as a guaranteed amount.

Thanks for the insight, and maybe €50M initial fee and then some add-ons to take to €60m would be good though I still think it should close at €50m in total which is doable because I believe our club is in a stronger position, their head coach does not want Ugarte and Ugarte himself wants to leave this summer and join us and they don't have another taker offering what we offered.

Absolutely horrendous deal if it ends up being €60M for an unwanted player, terrible deal by INEOS and the new management.

Absolutely, if it really ends at 60m that's 1 step forward (De Ligt and Mazraoui) and 4 steps back

We will look like fools if we give PSG what they have wanted all along.
They’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t in this case.

We want the player, the player wants the move, PSG have slightly reduced their offer.

I think PSG will get what they want and we’ll get what we want.

What I mean by that is the difference will be made up in difficult, but achievable add ons - & if we achieve those add ons - one can assume winning the PL or UCL. No one will care what he cost anyway.

They wanted more to begin with. They wanted to make a profit.
What they said they wanted and what they hoped to get eventually aren't the same. Chelsea said they wanted initially 80m for Mount but they were certainly very happy to get 55-60m. It doesn't matter much unless the player flops because if the player performs, no one will care. Financially though, PSG are the winners here if they are getting €60m.

I‘m talking about last season. Four years ago doesn‘t count.

So when I say that he did a lot at Dortmund - you ignore 4 seasons and only focus on 4 months (when he helped them reach the C.L-final). Please....just stop!

£50m for a central midfielder of a good age, and being a player we want isn't bad business.

Onana went to Villa for about the same despite Everton desperately needing to sell.

Elliot Anderson was about 35m

Smith Rowe was about 30m,

Dewsbury hall about the same,

Gallagher went to Atletico for 35 which was a bit reduced as they didn't want to sell in PL,

Palinha is several years older and went for 40m,

I don't know exactly what price people think he should go for. Its also less than PSG wanted

I
£50m for a central midfielder of a good age, and being a player we want isn't bad business.

Onana went to Villa for about the same despite Everton desperately needing to sell.

Gallagher went to Atletico for 35 which was a bit reduced as they didn't want to sell in PL,

I don't know exactly what price people think he should go for. Its also less than PSG wanted
It's also a very similar price we paid for Fred. Hopefully the new people have identified someone who will fit much better.

So if we sign Zirkzee, DeLigt, Mazraoui for a price that certainly isn't too high - does it really matter if we spend £5-10 million too much on 1-2 other players ?

So if we sign Zirkzee, DeLigt, Mazraoui for a price that certainly isn't too high - does it really matter if we spend £5-10 million too much on 1-2 other players ?
They are also in the right age group, rather than over 30's. We are building a team rather than a franchise.

Official: Sam Mather and Ethan Ennis both sign new, long-term contracts with United

United announced their new contracts in this article.
Q1JWnzy.png

Last edited:

I’d wait till the official fee is releases and the payment structure before getting all negative. Most of the delay is because we don’t/didn”t have the funds available.

So when I say that he did a lot at Dortmund - you ignore 4 seasons and only focus on 4 months (when he helped them reach the C.L-final). Please....just stop!
And the time that he was with us. He isn‘t worth 80 million anymore, 30 if we get lucky!

How dare you to ruin a good moan.. They havent had much to moan about regarding transfers this summer

Should have just gone for Joao Neves at that price.
PSG paid the Neves fee all in one instalment to Benfica. We could not afford that.

Plus the player wanted to go there so would have been pointless going after a player that would rather be elsewhere. Basically Di Maria all over again

How dare you to ruin a good moan.. They havent had much to moan about regarding transfers this summer

:lol: its kind of mad. if we accept that he should be higher than smith rowe, and certainly higher than elliot anderson at 35m, but 50m is too much, then what fee are people happy with? If its 45m, or 40m, then they're acting as if 5-10m (around what pellistri just left for) is some sort of massive overpayment bordering on catastrophe.