Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe we're only getting 1 million for Bailly?!

It should be 10 million at least.

That selling fee just highlights how damaging Ed Woodward's reign at United really was.

It really is going to take a couple more years to finally clean up his mess, Its truly amazing how many mistakes he made.

Palmer, Delap, Trafford, Lavia, Lewis, Foden - is that enough or should I keep going?

Lavia and Foden are the only ones worth mentioning, the others haven't achieved anything in the EPL yet.

To be honest even Lavia is stretching it, he joined City from Anderlecht when he was 16 and left when he was 18 for Soton.

Lavia and Foden are the only ones worth mentioning, the others haven't achieved anything in the EPL yet.

To be honest even Lavia is stretching it, he joined City from Anderlecht when he was 16 and left when he was 18 for Soton.
I've got high hopes for Jadon Sancho and Charlie McNeill, who are both City academy graduates.

I've got high hopes for Jadon Sancho and Charlie McNeill, who are both City academy graduates.

I mean even Sancho joined City from Watford at about the age of 16, and left 2 years later to join Dortmund. So Lavia and Sancho are both players City lured away from other teams, but then didn't pull through in terms of offering them pathways into the first team. Their academy has had very little to do with those players having found some success since leaving.

McNeill doesn't look like he'll ever be good enough to play in the PL. That might change, but he turns 20 soon and has only played first team football in League 2 so far.

That selling fee just highlights how damaging Ed Woodward's reign at United really was.

It really is going to take a couple more years to finally clean up his mess, Its truly amazing how many mistakes he made.

Yeah can also throw Judge in there as well

Didn't say they had done anything yet. Read the original post. They are among the most highly rated young players out there. Not to say they will go on to be successful.

Of these, the bolded are a gigantic reach, given that they've played very few PL games. Even Lavia is a bit of a reach, given he's played one(?) good PL season to date.
Didn't say they had done anything yet. Read the original post. They are among the most highly rated young players out there. Not to say they will go on to be successful.

Well you said their academy produces some of the best young players in the league, and then named a bunch of players of which only Foden has made a decent number of appearances.

And amongst the most highly rated young players by who? As United fans we should know full well that being rated at that age means nothing. They're just living off the success of City's first team and the attention that brings. Most of them will end up playing at a decent level somewhere else, but most likely the championship.

So I did read your post properly, it just wasn't very well put, and the point you were trying to make wasn't a good one based on what is factually correct.

Well, I was very close. :wenger:

People expecting us to get 10m to 15m pounds were always going to be disappointed.

It’s understandable given that they can offer Kante something like 100m a year. Chelsea got 30-40m of whatever for Koulibaly. It’s not unreasonable to have hoped for a 1/4 or 1/3 of that fee or 10% of the wages offered to Kante.

Foden fees like he’s not really living upto potential tbh. He’s quick but he hasn’t nailed down a position in their team.

Considering he’s been around their first team for 5 years now you’d hope he’d have become a key player given how much he was hyped by Pep.

It’s understandable given that they can offer Kante something like 100m a year. Chelsea got 30-40m of whatever for Koulibaly. It’s not unreasonable to have hoped for a 1/4 or 1/3 of that fee or 10% of the wages offered to Kante.
There seems to be a lot of variation in the reported fee for koulibaly with some saying £17m and some nearly double that

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport
Capture-48.png

Highlight:

Tier 2:

Basically, United won't look to give huge contracts to anyone that'll make then an obvious outlier to the rest. As of now, Rashford's new contract makes him the highest earner in the club ahead of Casemiro though not necessarily a clear standout.

When asked about his future:
For now, it's hard to say where my future is. I've come back now after injury and I'm fit now, so I play my first minutes after training for a few weeks, so I try to push as hard as possible. Every day [something] can happen, so it's hard to say now where my future will be. In football you never know, especially with me, so let's see what happens.

When asked whether he can still see himself at Old Trafford:
Yeah, but it's also a possibility that I move, so everything is open. It's hard to say now where my future is. I'm focussing on getting as fit as possible and pushing on.

I thought Sancho was on 350k pounds a week?
Yep. Either Rashford’s new reported 325 k per week are base and we don’t know how much he would make with bonuses, OR Sancho, Varane and Casimiro’s reported high wages are including bonuses and their base salary is lower.
Otherwise it makes no sense that Rashford’s new contract makes him the highest paid player.

Tier 2:

Basically, United won't look to give huge contracts to anyone that'll make then an obvious outlier to the rest. As of now, Rashford's new contract makes him the highest earner in the club ahead of Casemiro though not necessarily a clear standout.

Oh so those ridiculous Sancho earning 350k/week rumours aren't true? Who would've thought.

I thought Sancho was on 350k pounds a week?
Yep. Either Rashford’s new reported 325 k per week are base and we don’t know how much he would make with bonuses, OR Sancho, Varane and Casimiro’s reported high wages are including bonuses and their base salary is lower.
Otherwise it makes no sense that Rashford’s new contract makes him the highest paid player.
Based on Wheeler's recent Tweet, Rashford's base salary may be £300k/week with £25k/week in bonuses.

Here are the reported salaries for the following players:
  • Sancho: Ducker reported £250k/week (bonuses included), whilst Ornstein & Whitwell reported a similar salary + additional bonuses that'll take the total to £300k/week
  • Varane: Ducker kept reporting that United are paying £20m/year (~£385k/week; bonuses & image rights included), but L'Équipe reported back then that his wages would match those of Maguire's (£190k/week in total according to Ducker)
  • Casemiro: Whitwell reported the total cost of the Casemiro transfer to be £140m (fee + total wages over the span of the contract)
    • Casemiro signed a 4+1 year contract, so assuming that the £70m in total salary is spread over 5 years, the salary is £269k/week in total
On that note, it makes sense that Rashford's salary is the highest in the club.

Based on Wheeler's recent Tweet, Rashford's base salary may be £300k/week with £25k/week in bonuses.

Here are the reported salaries for the following players:
  • Sancho: Ducker reported £250k/week (bonuses included), whilst Ornstein & Whitwell reported a similar salary + additional bonuses that'll take the total to £300k/week
  • Varane: Ducker kept reporting that United are paying £20m/year (~£385k/week; bonuses & image rights included), but L'Équipe reported back then that his wages would match those of Maguire's (£190k/week in total according to Ducker)
  • Casemiro: Whitwellreported the total cost of the Casemiro transfer to be £140m (fee + total wages over the span of the contract)
    • Casemiro signed a 4+1 year contract, so assuming that the £70m in total salary is spread over 5 years, the salary is £269k/week in total
On that note, it makes sense that Rashford's salary is the highest in the club.
Cheers for the detailed answer, much appreciated!
Sancho’s usually rumoured 350 k remain a mystery so if his actual wages are lower then much better for us.
The difference between Varane’s wages reported by Ducker and L’Equipe is huge. Varane and Casimiro must have already been on huge salaries at Madrid so 190 k and even 269 k with us don’t sound that high if true.

Varane and Casimiro must have already been on huge salaries at Madrid so 190 k and even 269 k with us don’t sound that high if true.
Real Madrid were trying to offer Varane even more money, but he rejected them to take the lower overall package that we offered. Casemiro was happy enough with what we were offering, which was why that transfer was completed relatively quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.