Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club should be getting £15-20m for him. How many youngsters have Liverpool, City and Chelsea have sold for that. He's an international starter for Sweden as well. I just don't understand how we can't get rid of players for decent money.

Just be glad we're selling the deadwood, he's pretty average so I'm not surprised he's going for 10 million.

Stones saying they've bid something in the range of £15-20m. If so, that's a good deal for everyone.

The club should be getting £15-20m for him. How many youngsters have Liverpool, City and Chelsea have sold for that. He's an international starter for Sweden as well. I just don't understand how we can't get rid of players for decent money.

What are you on about? Did you even read the article? Stones literally says Everton bid something in the range of £15-20m.

As already mentioned Elanga goes for under 10, Henderson 15 + add ons, we're not necessarily selling McTominay and Fred, you're right, 15 m. That's 40-65 tops with McTom sold.

Simon Stones has just reported Everton have bid in the region of 15-20m for Elanga.

We should get more than 15m for Henderson, and I have no doubt the club is open to the idea of selling McT but whether we get the offer we deem acceptable is another matter.

When was the last speedy transfer we did? I remember a day in late May where we signed Nani and Anderson and since then it’s been a slow burner every time.
This is what happens when you are owned by the Glazers and now they don't want to spend because they have messed up previously.

85m, only rumours but not unlikely unfortunately.
Where do you have to look to find a decent striker for reasonable money?

When was the last speedy transfer we did? I remember a day in late May where we signed Nani and Anderson and since then it’s been a slow burner every time.
Getting Mount in before pre-season and within a month of the window opening seems pretty quick for us.

City get up to £15m for Shea Charles from Saints and we get £10m from a Prem club for a player who's actually played a few games. I'm not saying this to slate us, it's more just disbelief that City have got so many good fees from Saints in the last 12 months.

Soton have had Joe Shields and Jason Wilcox, both ex-City, working on or running recruitment the last two summers.

Shea Charles hasn’t proved he’s not good enough for City. Elanga has proved he’s not good enough for United. You might have got Shea Charles money for Elanga last summer, or this summer if Elanga hadn’t been on his arse for 12 months. One of the benefits for City is that their youth players are expensive because it’s seen as almost impossible to get in their team. A few years ago it was the same for Liverpool. I think that’s changed a bit now and they’re not making as much from selling their young players. I think other clubs have probably noticed that those players from Liverpool weren’t that good either. Rhian Brewster was probably the one that did that.

United made quite a bit from selling fringe youth players under Fergie, usually off the back of a few minutes as sub and a bit of hype. It’s just a benefit of being right at the top. I think it won’t be that long until you’re able tomget

Soton have had Joe Shields and Jason Wilcox, both ex-City, working on or running recruitment the last two summers.

Shea Charles hasn’t proved he’s not good enough for City. Elanga has proved he’s not good enough for United. You might have got Shea Charles money for Elanga last summer, or this summer if Elanga hadn’t been on his arse for 12 months. One of the benefits for City is that their youth players are expensive because it’s seen as almost impossible to get in their team. A few years ago it was the same for Liverpool. I think that’s changed a bit now and they’re not making as much from selling their young players. I think other clubs have probably noticed that those players from Liverpool weren’t that good either. Rhian Brewster was probably the one that did that.

United made quite a bit from selling fringe youth players under Fergie, usually off the back of a few minutes as sub and a bit of hype. It’s just a benefit of being right at the top. I think it won’t be that long until you’re able tomget
I think you're mostly right but it's a funny old world when proving you can do a job in the PL makes you less valuable than not proving you can do a job in the PL. Regardless of the team you play for.

As difficult as it's been, United and Inter are still optimistic about this deal getting done. Tier 2:

I think the problem stems from the fact that Inter expected United to improve their terms again to something more desirable, and they're surprised that United are holding firm with their demands. It's now about who blinks first at this point; either United offer more favourable terms, or Inter take the money needed to reinvest into the team.

Do I believe a well informed United journalist when he says Atalanta are asking for 85 million quid for Hojlund?

Why wouldn't I?

Because every reputable journalist in Italy and for Atalanta denies it and say it is closer to €60-70m. Atalanta aren't stupid enough to put a €100m price tag on him.

God that was a fantastic window. Signed Nani and Anderson out of nowhere, wrapped up hargreaves then had a nice saga with tevez too to end the window. Take me back :drool:

Because every reputable journalist in Italy and for Atalanta denies it and say it is closer to €60-70m. Atalanta aren't stupid enough to put a €100m price tag on him.
I don't know where United are going with this narrative to be honest or Whitwell has gone rogue .
Though I do feel this deal is getting done and it would most likely to be around be €60-70m fee including add ons .

God that was a fantastic window. Signed Nani and Anderson out of nowhere, wrapped up hargreaves then had a nice saga with tevez too to end the window. Take me back :drool:
And then all four of them played pretty important roles in bringing us the double that season. And they all scored in the penalty shootout in the CL final. Brilliant transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.