Transfer Tweets - 2022/23 | Check the OP for the latest rules and blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t understand. Why didn’t we remember herrerra’s contract 3-4 years ago but we readily extended contracts for A. Perreira, P Jones, Lingard all of whom barely featured….what a horrible decision
Herrera had doubts about the club's ambition and when PSG made their interest known he declined a new contract. Can't say I blame him.

Herrera had doubts about the club's ambition and when PSG made their interest known he declined a new contract. Can't say I blame him.
Club didn’t want to match his wage ambitions, so he went to PGS and they exceeded them. I don’t blame United for not wanting to over pay him.

I still don’t understand. Why didn’t we remember herrerra’s contract 3-4 years ago but we readily extended contracts for A. Perreira, P Jones, Lingard all of whom barely featured….what a horrible decision
We got Scott McTominay to replace him, that is worse.

Another Woodward special. We left his contract run out, while we were busy protecting the value of Jones.

He wanted 300k a week, i doubt any fan would have been happy with that, then his team mates would want parity.

No he didn't. This is nonsense spouted be like the likes of the sun. Which started at 250k and increased to 350k by the time he'd left. He was never asking for such, nor is he on anything close to those figures at PSG.

The truth is he was on 100k a week and wanted 200k a week, the club were only willing to renew his contract at 100k a week - so he left. He's getting paid just under 150k a week at PSG (and a huge signing on bonus). You can find this from a simple google once you wade through all the nonsense stories.

Herera was the wrong sort of player for United. A warrior and someone who actually cared about playing for the team. Square peg in a round hole.

No he didn't. This is nonsense spouted be like the likes of the sun. Which started at 250k and increased to 350k by the time he'd left. He was never asking for such, nor is he on anything close to those figures at PSG.

The truth is he was on 100k a week and wanted 200k a week, the club were only willing to renew his contract at 100k a week - so he left. He's getting paid just under 150k a week at PSG (and a huge signing on bonus). You can find this from a simple google once you wade through all the nonsense stories.
His basic wage went from almost 6 million to over 8 million, plus his signing on fee what’s spread over his contract. So I’d be very confident that he’s earning over 250k a week. I’m glad the club didn’t agree to pay him that or anywhere near. Are plenty of reputable sources who’d argue against your source for his wage demands, but who knows other than him and his agent.

You do realise players get a hefty signing-on fee as well? Not saying the 300k figure is correct, but it's not as simple as you make it to be.

He wanted 300k a week, i doubt any fan would have been happy with that, then his team mates would want parity.
That's a lie. He could never ask anything close to that. Stop reading BS tabloid papers.

He wanted last bigger contract at his age, and we hesitated to offer the extension in time and probably offered a shorter contract as well. while PSg could afford to give him a bit more due to him being a free agent. But noway he`s at 300k now, he's on about 200k I guess as he was earning something between 100-150 with us tops.

I think Luckhurst himself pulled this value from some older info + his own deduction. He's probably making an educated guess on United willing to sell Dalot if a buyer meets the club's valuation.

Ah right, I was wondering whether it was a misprint and that was the value we had placed on AWB.

Hope this is bullocks, his mother-agent is a nightmare to deal with and he's had a piss poor entitled attitude for years despite not being very good.

One of the more overrated players we've been linked to.

Let the Saudis take that gamble

No thanks to Rabiot. If we absolutely have to fill our flawed french CM quota I'd prefer Tolisso.

Hope this is bullocks, his mother-agent is a nightmare to deal with and he's had a piss poor entitled attitude for years despite not being very good.

One of the more overrated players we've been linked to.

Let the Saudis take that gamble

If you knew anything about her background you’d realise what an amazing woman she is.

A warrior? :lol: He was cradled off the pitch by Mark Noble! It's incredible how some players are eulogised compared to others.

Think you might be confusing shithousery and how much effort they put in on the field. Herrera always worked for the team, gave his all and fought for his teammates.

Think you might be confusing shithousery and how much effort they put in on the field. Herrera always worked for the team, gave his all and fought for his teammates.
A warrior wouldn't allow another player to carry them off the pitch. Herrera was a decent player for us, but that's about as far as it goes.

It is sad how it happened considering how bad our midfield has become but under Jose Herrera wasn't playing as much and we'd just bought Fred for 50m. Herrera by that time was already looking at a move to PSG then started playing regularly after Jose was sacked and our midfield of Matic, Pogba and Herrera was working great but he said his move was already done and we needed to match their offer which was too much.

Story or link then?
I will try to find the exact link, I read it a while ago now but some points I remember are:
Rabiot’s father had locked in syndrome, so his mother had to look after him and then also would do everything for Rabiot related to his football. She’s a deeply religious and very charitable lady. Has had an extremely tough life by every account, her aggressive protectiveness over her son is understandable when you consider how much she’s gone through to get him to that point.

Good offers. Not a lot of players in our squad would get those offers. Wonder who he'll choose?!

I dont think he should go back to Juventus. They are clearly going through the same kind of patch as United.

Think he'll do well in a 433 at Madrid, but they are packed in midfield, especially with it looking likely that they'll be signing Tchouameni.

PSG is probably his best bet. Not every player can say they played with Ronaldo and Messi, too.

A midfield of Pogba, Veratti and Danilo seems like a nice balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.