Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
7m is ridiculous in this market but I’m glad he’s going.

For that sort of fee I’d expect half of Europe to be after him in all honesty, whilst I don’t like his style he could do a job for many teams.
I bet alot of clubs in Europe and the teams at the bottom half of the premier league would be interested at 7m, but his wages would have been the sticking point.

I don't think Newcastle (or the PL in general) suits him at all, unfortunately. He's been amazingly fun to watch in Atlanta the past two years and I hope it works out for him, but Italy or Spain would've made far more sense.

At first i thought also that fee for Fellaini is low but golden fees from China are over. For example Carasco, good attacking player in best years was 30, and Gaitan was 18.
For Fellaini, Europe clubs didn't want to pay higher fee and his huge wage, whole world knew that we wanted to sell so fee is fine. We maybe could get few mil more but this is ok.

We need a replacement for Fellaini if he's going during this window.

Fred and Pereira are yet to prove themselves.

Herrera, Pogba and Matic cant play every game.

This Fellaini transfer is really dumb if we aren't signing a replacement in this window. Anyone who watched the Reading game knows our second string midfield isn't very good. I'd rather have Fellaini as a backup to Matic than Pereira or even Herrera.

Half way through the season when he's a better option than our other back ups isnt exactly the best time, though.
At the same time we may not get a more reasonable offer in the summer. Sometimes you just have to take your chances I guess. Hopefully McTomminay can step up, although I don’t have a massive amount of faith in him if I’m honest.

High wages, 31 years old, not part of Solskjaers plans - and if there is any truth to the rumours that Fellaini were one of really few who didn't like Mourinho getting sacked - well clearly he was always gonna be cheap.

I also agree that Darmian, Valencia and Rojo should go - but I would keep Mata and Jones. If we sign a new powerful defender we will have Smalling and Jones as backup - and they are more than good enough for that.

Half way through the season when he's a better option than our other back ups isnt exactly the best time, though.

One part of me agrees with you - Another part Thinks that Fred, Pereira and McTominay all fit Solskjaers style of football better.

But he isn't a better option than Fred or Perreira. Not when Ole wants us to play quick football on the ground. I feel people are too quick to give up on those two. Like they were with every other player untill Ole came in.

Its this bizarre notion that we wont cope for some reason Fellaini goes that I cant get over.

I am just glad the football people at the club now seemingly dont share this sentiment.

I disagree. The reason I feel Ole has played Herrera and Pogba in most of his games is because he doesnt trust the back up, which is currently Fred and Pereira.

Cant see Pereira being here next season and Fred, defensively, has a lot to improve before being trusted with the deeper role.

Gueye, as I said before, would be the perfect player, in my opinion, to rotate with Herrera. Defensively excellent and dynamic, just like Herrera.

My other worry would be having someone to cover for Pogba.

Its all well and good having numbers, but you need players of the same style if you want to stick to a certain way of playing.
Is it really worth spending what I would assume is a lot of money on someone the same age as Herrera to rotate with him?

Its this bizarre notion that we wont cope for some reason Fellaini goes that I cant get over.

I am just glad the football people at the club now seemingly dont share this sentiment.

Yeah, he was barely in the squad since Ole took over, absolutely hilarious. Our plan B isnt hoofing it up to Fellaini anymore, some still are stuck in the past. Lets replace our 6th choice midfielder :lol: when we need a top CB, RB, RW much more

Yeah, he was barely in the squad since Ole took over, absolutely hilarious. Our plan B isnt hoofing it up to Fellaini anymore, some still are stuck in the past. Lets replace our 6th choice midfielder :lol: when we need a top CB, RB, RW much more

Since Ole has arrived barely anyone apart from Pogba, Herrera and Matic have played in midfield...

Since Ole has arrived barely anyone apart from Pogba, Herrera and Matic have played in midfield...

yeah, more reason to not need a replacement, when we got other players sitting on the bench. And Fellaini isnt his kind of midfielder anyway, that everyone should agree on. A Fellaini replacement that is better than our bench options will cost us a lot of money and is completely pointless in January.

yeah, more reason to not need a replacement, when we got other players sitting on the bench. And Fellaini isnt his kind of midfielder anyway, that everyone should agree on. A Fellaini replacement that is better than our bench options will cost us a lot of money and is completely pointless in January.

Fellaini has also been injured. The point is we dont know if we can even trust Pereira and Fred yet.

Fellaini has also been injured. The point is we dont know if we can even trust Pereira and Fred yet.

Fellaini wouldnt start for a lot of games over them anyway, not against the likes of Burnley. The point is, take the 7m and get him off the wages and buy a new midfielder in the summer.

Fellaini wouldnt start for a lot of games over them anyway, not against the likes of Burnley. The point is, take the 7m and get him off the wages and buy a new midfielder in the summer.

Point is we could just sell him in the summer. If players get injured we are relying on Pereira and Fred who have proved nothing so far. Granted they both have talent, but still.

Point is we could just sell him in the summer. If players get injured we are relying on Pereira and Fred who have proved nothing so far. Granted they both have talent, but still.

Absolutely agree. He can offer something in both boxes and could be useful when chasing or defending a game. I wonder if he feels the same about Utd since his biggest supporter is no longer here....

Ole probably rates Pereira as a better back up to Matic than Fellaini, in which case fair enough.

I bet alot of clubs in Europe and the teams at the bottom half of the premier league would be interested at 7m, but his wages would have been the sticking point.

Keep seeing this. Arnautavic was earning £105k a week before he signed his new contract, he’s 29 and a Chinese club were willing to over £35m for him. £7m is literally nothing for him. Should be getting over £10m at the very least.

Keep seeing this. Arnautavic was earning £105k a week before he signed his new contract, he’s 29 and a Chinese club were willing to over £35m for him. £7m is literally nothing for him. Should be getting over £10m at the very least.
Difference is West Ham desperately wanted to keep Arnautovic, compared to United(seemingly) trying to sell Fellaini.

If no one is offering over £10m then clearly no one values him at that price. You can't just randomly pluck a figure out the air and say something is worth that when no one is prepared to pay it.

If no one is offering over £10m then clearly no one values him at that price. You can't just randomly pluck a figure out the air and say something is worth that when no one is prepared to pay it.

You can put a valuation on things based on what going on in the market. I’m happy he’s going tbh but still think £7m is now cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.